Savesta - Boswellia Joint and Respiratory Function- 60 Vegetarian Tablets Formerly Ayurceutics
In the U.S., where the largest generation in history is entering their 50s, the number of people concerned about joint function is growing every year. According to the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention, joint issues affect nearly 43 million aging Americans. Savesta Boswellia provides a safe and effective dietary supplement.
Supports healthy joint and respiratory function
- 85% boswellic acids
- 5% AKBA
Special Note to our Boswellia Customers
We apologize to all of you for the temporary out-of-stock status on our Boswellia. Our sales have increased dramatically with this product and we are working to keep up. A new batch is expected to be completed about August 1, 2010.
The Science of Boswellia
The golden yellow resin from the bark of Boswellia (Boswellia serrata) has long been used in Ayurvedic practice to support healthy joints and respiratory function.(Schauss et al., 1999) Active plant compounds in Boswellia have been identified as boswellic acids.(Safayhi et al., 1995) Clinical evidence of this activity is found in placebo-controlled clinical studies. Boswellia supported joint function, either when taken alone (Chopra et al., 2000) or combined with other Ayurvedic herbs (Ashwagandha, Turmeric) and minerals.(Kulkarni et al., 1991), Boswellia has also been found to support healthy respiratory function.(Gupta et al., 1998)
In Ayurveda there are seven basic body constitutions resulting from the predominance of one or more energetic influences or Doshas. The Doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha, influence physical, mental and spiritual health. Everyone is considered to be a unique combination of these three body influences. Your natural Doshic state of balance is called Prakruti. Boswellia is used for healthy joints and can also help to balance certain Doshas.
Care for the Environment
As a manufacturer, our actions can have a large impact on the environment. We always look for the most earth-friendly, sustainable choice. Avesta Shatavari features:
- Vegetarian tablets with no animal-derived ingredients
- Sustainably wildcrafted roots
- Extraction using only pure water, not toxic solvents
- Organic cotton stuffing
- Non-irradiated herbs
- Bottles that are easily recyclable #2 plastic, HDPE
- Bottles are BPA free
Guide to Being Well - Healthy Joint Function
- Regular, moderate exercise can help to improve joint function. Try biking, walking, or swimming.
- Avoid iron supplements. Excess iron may contribute to pain and swelling.
- Include foods containing sulfur in your diet such as garlic, onions and eggs, as sulfur strengthens bones and connective tissues.
- Consume more fresh green vegetables, fruits and fish to increase calcium and vitamins C & K.
- Apply a cold pack to hot and inflamed joints.
- Reduce excess weight, which intensifies joint problems.
- Take hot baths to relieve stress.
- Enjoy the outdoors; sunshine is linked to vitamin D, which is essential for building bones.
Ayurceutics™ (ahyur-soo-tics): The science of being well™.
Ayurveda (ahyur-vay-duh): One of the world’s first systems of total health and wellness dating back over 4,000 years.
Boswellia: Native to India and arid regions of the Middle East, the aromatic bark of this tree secretes a transparent golden-yellow resin known as Indian Frankincense.
Extract: An herb in the form of a concentrated powder or liquid. For maximum effectiveness, our Boswellia is 12 times more concentrated than the raw tree resin.
Prakruti (pra-kru-tee): The inherent balance of the Doshas most beneficial to one’s life.
Standardized: A process that guarantees every tablet contains the same amount of active plant compounds.