Radius- Totz Extra Soft Toothbrush for Ages 18 Months + Clear Sparkle
Radius Totz Extra Soft Toothbrush for Ages 18 Months + is specially designed for small teeth and gums, so your tot has fun brushing while learning how to take control of their own oral health from the start. Certified by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Totz is gentle yet effective and totally free of harmful chemicals like BPA and synthetic dyes. Thanks to its cool colors and eye-catching sparkles its a guaranteed winner with kids 18 months and older.
- BPA Free and FDA Approved- You won’t find any of the bad stuff in the Totz toothbrush. It’s BPA free, latex free and phthalate free, so you can rest easy knowing your child’s smile is in safe hands.
- Safe Brush Head- The perfectly sized, smooth oval brush head ensures you or your toddler won’t cause any harm to sensitive teeth and gums when brushed correctly.
- Special Bristles for Sensitive Mouths- Totz has 4,500 super soft bristles (just slightly harder than the Pure Baby), for precision brushing that's comfortable for tiny mouths.
- Easy for Small Hands to Grip- After extensive research and feedback from children and parents like you, the easy-to-hold handle fits just as effortlessly in your toddler's hand as it does in yours. And it looks pretty awesome, too, so brushing is as fun as it is effective.
Teeth Cleaning Recommendations from the ADA
Radius paid close attention to recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA) when they created their adult and children’s toothbrushes and flosses. Every facet of design has been considered — and accepted — to provide you with a dentist-approved clean every time you brush or floss. Here’s a rundown of oral care tips from the ADA, and how Radius products meet their standards:
- ADA Tip #1: Gently brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush, for a minimum of two minutes. Each Radius toothbrush is made from soft, vegetable-based bristles that gently invigorate gum tissue while providing an all-over clean. Used correctly, Radius toothbrushes may reduce chronic bleeding, receding gums, enamel erosion and gum disease (which might also decrease the risk of heart disease). Plus, a more enjoyable-to-use toothbrush like theirs makes cleaning for the recommended 2 minutes, twice per day, much more enticing.
- ADA Tip #2: The size and shape of your toothbrush should fit your mouth, allowing you to reach all areas easily. Brush all surfaces of the teeth, and don’t forget to give your tongue a scrub to remove lingering bacteria. The classic Radius oval-shaped “mouthbrush” gets at more than just your teeth. The “evolved” design massages the whole mouth as it cleans teeth and helps improve gum health.
- ADA Tip #3: Replace your toothbrush every 3–4 months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed. Not so fast! Radius toothbrushes are designed to last 2–3 times longer than standard toothbrushes. You save money, and together we help reduce energy consumption and waste in our landfills.
- ADA Tip #4: For a thorough clean, place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums and move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes. Radius Original, Kidz and Scuba all comply with the dentist-recommended 45-degree brush-to-tooth angle. What’s more, their unique oval-shaped brush head is designed to allow for the soft bristles to be arranged in a circular pattern — as opposed to in straight rows — so you gently massage and invigorate your gum line instead of rupturing it as you brush.
Why Does BPA-Free Matter?
Radius strives to make their products as safe and toxin-free as possible, seeking out materials that don’t include any suspect or harmful chemicals, or unnecessary additives.
Like, for example, Bisphenol A (commonly referred to as BPA) — a carbon-based synthetic compound that interferes with your hormones in a detrimental way, and is proven to be particularly damaging to the health of babies and young children. In other words, BPA isn’t something you want anywhere near your mouth, let alone your child’s. And yet it’s commonly found in hard plastics like those used to produce water bottles, food packaging and even your typical toothbrushes.
And while on the subject of unnecessary nasties, Radius products are also free from latex, phthalate, glutens, and non-FDA-approved colors and dyes.
Why Are Soft Bristles So Important?
Softer bristles enhance the entire cleaning experience by removing sticky plaque while also massaging the delicate tissues of the gum, which is why The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends soft bristles over harder, more erosive, ones. Medium and hard bristles push back the gum margins (where gum and tooth meet) exposing tooth surfaces, increasing sensitivity and causing irreparable damage including periodontal disease and cavities. By contrast Radius bristles are the softest on the market — providing a better clean with the feel-good factor.
The Radius Difference
The standard toothbrush industry design remained pretty much unchanged since its invention — a rectangular brush-head punctuated by large holes filled with thicker bristles. Radius thought they could do better, and set out to evolve it.
Their designs have a unique non-linear configuration — an oval brush-head with a multitude of smaller holes filled with 8,824 vegetable-derived bristles that are twice as soft as the average.
These finer, softer, more plentiful bristles reach every nook and cranny of your mouth without damaging or denting your teeth. You can brush as vigorously as you like — they’re designed to go easy on the gums, stimulating and invigorating them as they leave you with that tingly-fresh feeling. Trust Radius when they say, soft feels so good you’ll actually look forward to teeth-cleaning time.