You will need: 4 tsp. butter, 2 large eggs and 1 to 3 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Empty contents of package into mixing bowl.
- Cut 4 tbsp. butter into dry mix using pastry blender or criss-crossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add 2 large eggs, slightly beaten. Stir.
- Add 1 tbsp. milk at a time (no more than 3 tbsp. total) to moisten mixture to a cookie-dough texture.
- Spoon dough in 2-inch mounds onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bottoms of scones are lightly browned.
Chef suggestions: Add 1/4 cup chopped nuts or dried fruit to mix and follow directions above. Add 1 cup fresh blueberries. For added sweetness, sprinkle still-hot scones with sugar.
Quick and Savvy: To make traditional triangle-shaped scones, add ingedients as directed above, knead dough, roll out on floured surface, cut into 6 triangles, and bake at 300 °F for 20 to 25 minutes. For low-fat scones, omit butter and add milk 1 tbsp. at a time to reach cookie-dough texture.