Natural Factors - Oil of Oregano - 1 fl. oz.
Natural Factors Oil of oregano has a wide range of natural compounds with proven healing effects, including carvacrol and thymol. Some of these active ingredients damage the cell membranes of bacteria, causing fluids to leak out of the bacteria and impairing their metabolism and replication. Studies have shown that using oil from the whole herb, rather than just some of its individual chemical compounds, creates a synergy that greatly enhances potency.
- Hand-picked, wild-crafted Origanum vulgare oregano
- Certified organic product status
- The whole herb is used to provide the natural synergy of active ingredients
- Gently steam distilled for maximum purity and potency
- Minimum 80% carvacrol guaranteed
- Blended in a one-to-four ratio with organic, cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil for improved absorption of the oil of oregano
- Free from chemical contaminants and preservatives
- Protecting against pathogenic microbes, including bacteria, yeast, fungi and parasites
- Providing antioxidant protection
- Reducing inflammation
- Relieving seasonal allergies
- Relieving chronic muscle aches and pains (when used topically)
- Reducing the risk of heart disease
The safety and effectiveness of oil of oregano has been demonstrated by its use as a herbal remedy for thousands of years. Now, modern medical research has confirmed oil of oregano as an important natural health supplement.
Natural Factors Certified Organic Oil of Oregano is derived from this wild-crafted Mediterranean species. The oil is extracted from the hand-picked leaves using gentle steam distillation to ensure potency and purity. Because pure oil of oregano is too potent to be used full strength, it is blended in a one-to-four ratio with organic, cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil. This is the ideal ratio for enabling the body to assimilate the oil of oregano.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".