Natural Factors - BioCgel Buffered Vitamin C - 90 Softgels
Natural Factors BioCgel combines the preferred form of vitamin C - ph neutral, buffered calcium ascorbate - with BerryRich, a proprietary whole fruit blend that provides antioxidant support. Calcium ascorbate is a non-acidic from of vitamin C that is gentle on the stomach and does not cause digestive problems.
- Gentle on the stomach
- Highly bioavailable
- Promotes healthy aging
- Potent antioxidant
- Supports a healthy heart
- Provides cold and flu prevention
- Powerful stress support
- Protects cells against damage that can lead to disease
- Asthma and bronchitis prevention
- Supports healthy eye function and offers cataract prevention
- Male fertility protection
Vitamin C is a water-soluble compound that cannot be produced by the human body. It is a requirement in the daily diet for good overall health. Vitamin C is considered the top healthy aging and longevity vitamin by many researchers, is an important antioxidant vitamin involved in the growth and repair of all tissues of the body, wound healing, and the health of connective tissues, bones, cartilage, teeth and gums. Vitamin C is also involved in lipid and vitamin metabolism, biosynthesis of neurotransmitters, immune function, eye health and proper circulatory system health.
Alarmingly, one out of every four North Americans does not even get the bare minimum RDA for vitamin C needed to perform basic cellular functions. In one study, 70% of ailing elderly people had white blood cells deficient in vitamin C.
Most of the vitamin C supplements available are in the ascorbic acid form. Although this form can be readily absorbed by most people, it can cause gastrointestinal problems, such as abdominal pain or diarrhea for those with a sensitive stomach. This can make vitamin C less effective and bioavailable. Bioavailability refers to the degree in which a nutrient (or drug) becomes available to the target tissue after it has been administered. Mineral salts of ascorbic acid (mineral ascorbates) are buffered, and therefore, less acidic. Because of this, mineral ascorbates are often recommended to people who experience gastrointestinal problems with plain ascorbic acid. When mineral salts of ascorbic acid are taken, both the ascorbic acid and the mineral appear to be well absorbed.
BerryRich is also included in this formula. It is an ORAC-rich, full-spectrum antioxidant blend from berries and other fruits including: grape, pomegranate, strawberry, cranberry, blueberry, raspberry, and bilberry. All of these foods are rich in vitamin C, flavonoids and other beneficial phytonutrients that have been shown to slow aging, protect cellular health and reduce risk for serious and chronic diseases.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".