Natural Factors - MultiFactors Women's 50+ - 90 Vegetarian Capsules
Natural Factors Multi Factors Women's 50+ contains optimum levels of over 35 vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and herbal extracts in just three easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules per day. It is made from the highest quality ingredients and contains the proper ratios of vitamins, minerals and nutrients to energize, provide relief from stress, protect against organ degeneration, and aid in the prevention of chronic disease. In addition, it contains betaine hydrochloride (HCL) and a digestive enzyme blend to help maximize absorption. Betaine HCL helps compensate for low stomach acid production, something traditionally seen amongst the elderly but becoming increasingly common in younger people.
Most women talk to their health care practitioner about osteoporosis just as they reach menopause. Ideally though, it is best to promote healthy bone structure and prevent bone loss long before menopause. Recent clinical trials and epidemiological studies have shown that a wide range of nutrients are essential to bone health and inadequate intake leads to osteoporosis. These studies show that calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, copper, boron, iron, zinc, vitamins D, A, K, and C, and the B vitamins all play a role in preventing osteoporosis.
Suboptimal intake of vitamins, minerals and nutrients is common, especially in the elderly, and is a risk factor for developing chronic diseases. Heart disease, cognitive decline, and advanced macular degeneration (AMD) are three of the most common conditions that affect older people. While both formulas contain all the essential vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients to promote healthy aging, the Women's 50+ Formula contains additional nutrients to address the more complex needs of older women, and to reduce the risk of these debilitating diseases.
- Optimal levels of over 35 vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and herbal extracts
- Specific combinations to meet the unique nutritional needs of women
- Iron free
- May be helpful to prevent cognitive decline, enhance memory and motor function
- Powerful antioxidant properties
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Discourages platelets from clumping together
- Provides cells with the energy they need
- Helps reduce atherosclerotic lesions
- Includes nutrients for bone health.
- Promotes urinary tract health
In addition to heart-health nutrients such as the B vitamins, vitamins C and K, calcium, magnesium, lutein, CoQ10 and BerryRich, the Women's 50+ Formula contains curcumin and BlueRich, a super-strength blueberry concentrate for healthy homocysteine, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels and to reduce oxidative stress. Curcumin's powerful antioxidant properties reduce oxidative stress and have been shown to discourage platelets from clumping together, which in turn improves circulation and may protect against atherosclerosis.
The antioxidants in BerryRich and BlueRich help inhibit LDL oxidation, increase blood flow, and prevent hardening of the arteries. CoQ10 provides cells with the energy they need. Certain cells, like those in the heart, need more energy. The ability to produce CoQ10 declines with age and certain cholesterol-lowering medications further deplete the body of CoQ10. Lutein helps reduce atherosclerotic lesions (small fatty deposits on the inner arterial walls). The Women's 50+ Formula is iron free, as research suggests excess iron may increase a post-menopausal woman's risk of heart disease, and because iron deficiency is uncommon in women who no longer menstruate.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".