Thinksport - Sunscreen for Kids 50 SPF - 6 oz. (177mL)
Thinksport Sunscreen 50 SPF applies easily and is absorbed easily with a non-oily feel. It was the first Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements. It is Top Rated by EWG with a "1" rating since 2010. Thinksport Sunscreen is free of biologically harmful chemicals and does not contain avobenzone, oxybenzone, or UV chemical absorbers. It contains the highest SPF 50+ per FDA 2012 Rules - any sunscreens boasting higher are falsely marketing, the highest level of Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection (per FDA 2012 Rules), plus the highest level of water resistance (80 minutes) (per FDA 2012 Rules). Thinksport Sunscreen is a non-nano formulation with an average particle size >100micron.
Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals
- Non-aerosol formulation (High concern of both ineffectiveness and particulates being inhaled)
- Paraben, phthalates, PABA and 1,4 dioxane free
- Sunscreen produced in the USA
- Does not have an obtrusive smell that many organic sunscreens have.
- A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
- Foundering member Sun Safety Coalition
- Gluten free (third-party verified)
- No animal testing (Leaping Bunny member)
- More awards than any other sun care line
- Featured in: Tennis, Bicycling, Natural Child, Daily Candy (top pick), Men's Health (top pick), Competitor, Backpacker (Top Pick), Standard, People Magazine (Must haves), Pharmacy Times, Men's Journal (top pick), Chicago Tribune, The Bump (Top pick), Favored.by (Top Pick), Times Square, The Daily Green, YNN News, Denver News (Must haves), Triathlete, Cribsie and Red Hat Product Finalist. Eco - Excellence Finalist. Silver Award NAPPA, Baby Maternity Magazine (Top pick), Babble (Top 10 Best), Its a Belly (Seal of Excellence), Metro Moms (Hottest Product), Green Scene Mom (Winner) and a whole lot of blog reviews...
Endocrine disrupting chemicals are foreign chemicals which have the ability to mimic hormones in the body. These foreign chemicals, known as xeno compounds, have ability to bind to receptors, both on the external membrane of cells or on receptors on the nucleus. In some instances the xeno compounds block your body's natural hormones from doing their job. In other instances, they cause they cell to initiate the hormonal receptor's particular function. What troubles scientists is not only the increased rate at which cells are being triggered, but the timing, as the processes that take place in the body are highly sensitive.
Recent scientific research is changing previously held notions that the "Dose Makes the Poison". The earlier held thought was that if a little is bad, alot is much worse. Instead, laboratory studies show hormone disrupting chemicals exhibit the opposite phenomenon. Whereby, minute quantities of these chemicals cause adverse effects in laboratory animals, and large amounts can have smaller effect. Industry has completed roughly 15 studies attempting to discredit worldwide research (over 100 studies) which show alarming effects on laboratory animals. Conducting conclusive studies would require testing on pregnant mothers and infants which would be unethical. instead of waiting for more science, parents are switching to alternative products.
With a team of physicians and scientists focused on the latest chemical and biological science, Thinkbaby and Thinksport continue to lead in the usage of safe materials for consumer products. Their efforts are further energized by working to with their leading child advocacy partners and like-minded individuals who seek alternative products.
It became clear during the founder's work within a biological testing lab (non-animal) that products on the market were fraught with issues. It didn't matter if the product was made in China, the US or Switzerland, there were chemicals leaching that had the potential to cause endocrine disruption, cancer, and reproductive harm. It also became quickly clear that governmental regulation was not on the near horizon. So Thinkbaby and Thinksport set off to create alternatives. The company first identified baby bottles, as 95% of the bottles on the market were composed of Bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical that is suspected to disrupt the endocrine system. They then proceeded to target other products within the baby feeding realm and where led by parents to design a sports bottle. Thinkbaby and Thinksport approaches each product category with the same criteria. Safe. Functional. Sustainable.