Nature's Plus Ultra Energy Shake Supercharged Exotic Red Fruit Flavor - 0.8 lbs. (363 g)
Low-fat, low-glycemic and gluten-free Nature’s Plus Ultra Energy Shake Supercharged Exotic Red Fruit delivers customized nutrition and indulgent taste satisfaction for people monitoring their glucose. Peak energy, healthy weight management and a feeling of total well-being can be yours once again – with the irresistibly delicious nutritional support of Nature’s Plus Ultra Energy Shake, in three classic flavors—Supercharged Chocolate, Sensational Strawberry and Invigorating Vanilla.
- Supplies a full complement of vitamins and minerals, customized for the special nutritional needs of low-glycemic dieters
- Delivers a vital, antioxidant-rich whole food concentrates, plus rutin and lemon bioflavonoids
- Provides 25 grams of superior quality protein, including a unique proprietary energy protein complex of isolated soy protein, pea protein, and rice protein - perfectly tailored to low-glycemic dieters' needs
- Delivers delicious taste satisfaction along with cutting-edge, complementary factors that help to maintain stable blood glucose levels. Glycemenol, a proprietary blend of herbal extracts including cinnamon, bitter melon, fenugreek and more, is especially beneficial
- Controlled-release carbohydrates help to minimize impact on blood glucose, while its 4 grams of dietary fiber supports blood glucose stability by slowing digestion
Nature's Plus Ultra Energy Shake contains:
- Vitamins and Minerals - For maximum energy levels and total well-being
- GlucoSmart Metabolism - Supports healthy metabolism with proven weight management aids
- GlucoSmart Whole Food Blends - Provide wide-ranging antioxidant phytonutrients and trace elements abundant in red and green fruits and vegetables
- GlucoSmart Flora - Essential for proper digestion and overall well-being
- GlucoSmart Enzyme - Vital for optimal digestion
Blue-Green Algae (Spirulina)
Blue-green algae, of which spirulina is a well-known example, is a group of 1,500 species of microscopic aquatic plants. The two most common species used for human consumption are Spirulina maxima and Spirulina platensis. Spirulina is particularly rich in protein and also contains carotenoids, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids.
Where is it found?
Blue-green algae grow in some lakes, particularly those rich in salts, in Central and South America, and Africa. They are also grown in outdoor tanks specifically to be harvested for nutritional supplements.
Who is likely to be deficient?
As it is not an essential nutrient, blue-green algae is not associated with a deficiency state. However, people who do not consume several servings of vegetables per day could benefit from the carotenoids and other nutrients in blue-green algae. Since it is a complete protein, it can be used in place of some of the protein in a healthy diet. However, very large amounts are required to provide significant quantities of these nutrients from blue-green algae.
How much is usually taken?
Blue-green algae can be taken as a powder or as flakes, capsules, or tablets. The typical manufacturer’s recommended intake is 2,000–3,000 mg per day divided throughout the day. However, typical amounts shown to have helpful properties in animal studies would be equivalent to 34 grams per day or more, for a 150-pound human.
Are there any side effects or interactions?
Few side effects have been reported from the ingestion of blue-green algae. However, as blue-green algae can accumulate heavy metals from contaminated water, consuming blue-green algae could increase the body’s load of lead, mercury, and cadmium, though noncontaminated blue-green algae have been identified. Another popular species of blue-green algae, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae, has been found to produce toxins. A few reports also describe allergic reactions to blue-green algae. Animal studies have found spirulina to be safe during pregnancy.
There is one case report of a man who developed liver damage while taking spirulina. As he was also talking three prescription medications, it is not clear whether the spirulina caused or contributed to the liver injury.
About Nature's Plus
Nature's Plus has been considered the gold standard in Natural Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements for over 40 years.The Beginning
In the early 1970s, when Gerald Kessler founded Nature's Plus, he had a clear vision of the kind of products he wanted to produce. Carefully studying the natural vitamin market, he observed that consumers were seeking energy and an enhanced quality of life from their vitamins. He knew that only a supplement made with superior ingredients and the highest standards of manufacturing could result in exceptional products with the energy-releasing results consumers demanded.Over 1,200 Natural Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements Later
They continue to fine-tune their products and raise the bar for quality and performance in their industry. Today Nature's Plus products are unsurpassed in their ability to release natural energy and provide the ultimate feeling of well-being. That's why they call them the "Energy Supplements."The Nature's Plus Quality Commitment
Nature's Plus has worked hard to earn the loyalty of millions of satisfied consumers and health food retailers worldwide with our emphasis on high quality at every stage - from manufacturing to on-time delivery to retailers:
Selection of the highest quality safe and natural ingredients
Over 1,200 natural vitamins and nutritional supplements to meet a wide variety of needs
Customized nutritional products for men, women and children that deliver maximum results
State-of-the-art manufacturing facility. Their facilities, which are FDA registered and NSF certified, maintain continuous adherence to cGMP compliance and superior standards through consistent review by their Quality teams.
Ongoing research and development continues to bring you and your family the most effective vitamins and supplements based on solid, scientific findings
Innovative vitamins and supplements enhanced with special combinations of ingredients for maximum health and energy benefits
100% Consumer Satisfaction Guarantee. Nature's Plus is committed to supplying superior quality natural vitamins and nutritional supplements that meet the high-energy demands of their customers without shortcuts or compromise.