Dr. Mercola - Complete Probiotics - 30 Capsules
Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics is Dr. Mercola's number one pick to support digestive health. Complete Probiotics has two highly-researched strains of beneficial bacteria, Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. Also, it adds multiple highly beneficial strains to give added support to your digestive system. Each power-packed dose of Complete Probiotics includes 70 billion "gut-friendly" bacteria in every 1 capsule serving. Complete Probiotics promotes an optimal environment for the growth of good bacteria and provides critical support for your immune system health. Dr. Mercola's Complete Probiotics does not require any refrigeration.
Complete Probiotics Benefits:
- Dr. Mercola's #1 pick to support digestive health
- Very high probiotic count - 70 billion CFU
- Strains specifically selected for natural resistance to acid and bile
- Includes specific strains to support immune and digestive health
- Contributes to good balance of gut flora through variety of strains
- Promotes a favorable environment for the growth of good bacteria
- No refrigeration required
As you mature, you're faced with many threats to the beneficial bacteria in your gut, from chlorinated drinking water to overly-processed foods. The good bacteria in your gastrointestinal system can only provide you with optimum health if the proper balance of different types of bacteria is maintained in your gut. This is where probiotics can have a profound effect... not just on your GI health, but on your overall health as well. Keep in mind, 80% of your immune system actually lives in your gut.
Prebiotics help keep beneficial bacteria healthy. They basically are non-digestible foods that end up in your digestive system to help beneficial bacteria (probiotics) grow and flourish. The prebiotics that feed the "good" bacteria in your GI tract primarily come from carbohydrate fibers called oligosaccharides that you don't digest. They remain in your digestive system to help boost the growth of beneficial bacteria. Natural sources of prebiotics include fruits, raw honey and legumes. Dr. Mercola beleives adding prebiotics to a high-quality probiotic benefits the entire formula.
Dr. Mercola's Must-Haves in a Probiotic Formula
- Contains specific super-strain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1
- Shows high potency through independent lab test
- works together with prebiotics for improved probiotic performance
- Is stable at room temperature for at least 18 months
- Is non-dairy, free from soy, corn, wheat, and gluten
- Helps maintain a healthy flora, promotes digestion, and supports your immune system
- Adapts naturally to the human body due to its human origins
- Is acid- and bile-resistant to naturally survive the stomach and intestinal transit
- Produces natural ensymes, vitamins, lactic acid, and hydrogen peroxide
- Utilizes nitrogen packaging and is freeze-dried
- Comes available in vegetable-based probiotic capsules
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the shelf life?
Unrefrigerated, Complete Probiotics have an 18 months shelf life.
Can I open the capsules and just take the powder?
This product was designed to be swallowed in capsule form. However, you can still receive benefits if you prefer to open the capsule and sprinkle the powder over your food.
Are Complete Probiotics safe for diabetics?
Diabetics can take Complete Probiotics.
Are there any medical conditions or medication that should not be used in conjunction with this supplement?
Check with your Doctor before taking Complete Probiotics if you are on blood thinning medication. You should consult with your physician if you have any medical conditions or are on any type of medication to ensure the safety of consuming this product.
Are the capsules enteric coated?
The capsules are not enteric coated as enteric coating would deplete the shelf life and the survival of the bacteria.
Are the bacterial strains freeze dried?About Dr. Mercola
Yes, they are freeze dried. The freeze dried process is why Complete Probiotics do not require refrigeration. The strains come alive again once they reach the heat and churning of your stomach.
It has always been his goal to proactively help preserve and enhance the health of our global community. Along with his team, he has continuously worked hard to promote efforts through Mercola.com and their daily newsletter.
The purpose of their website is to provide you with valuable information and give you the knowledge you need to take control of your health. You’ll notice that they partner with like-minded organizations that are as concerned about your health as you are, and push for initiatives that can improve your health all while creating a sustainable world for you and your family.
His motivation, whether you are a member of the Mercola.com community or have just heard about me for the first time, is to make you as healthy as you can possibly be. This involves:
- Providing the most up-to-date natural health information and resources that will most benefit you.
- Exposing corporate, government, and mass media hype that diverts you away from what is truly best for your health.
- Offering only the highest quality, premium products that meet my stringent criteria.
When he offers or recommends products, he does so because his research team or he has actively tested and scrutinized each and every item. In addition, he only has products created that he knows he will use, and that he would highly recommend to his family and friends.