Garden of Life - Organic Plant Protein Grain Free Smooth Coffee - 9 oz. (260 g)
Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein is a Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified plant protein supplement that is different to any other protein in the Garden of Life line. Organic Plant Protein is uniquely formulated to have superior taste and texture, ideal for anyone looking for a clean protein supplement that is free of common allergens such as gluten, grains, dairy and soy.
- Unique Protein Blend - Organic Plant Protein is made with a new different innovative blend of certified organic proteins which gives it an exceptional smooth and creamy texture... with no gritty texture
- Tastes Delicious – Designed for superior taste and texture when mixed just with water. Available in 4 mouth-watering flavors…Smooth Chocolate, Smooth Vanilla, Smooth Coffee (with Marley Coffee) and Smooth Energy (with Guayaki Yerba Mate and added vitamin B12). All flavors are natural and organic, no artificial ingredients are used. Also tastes incredible with 8oz unsweetened almond milk.
- Grain Free and Gluten Free - all Garden of Life proteins are labelled gluten free, however Organic Plant Protein is unique in that it does not contain any grains or brown rice, and is therefore the only GOL protein that is considered both grain free and gluten free.
- Highly Digestible – Organic Plant Protein delivers highly digestible grain free plant protein with 13 enzymes and 1 billion CFU of probiotics. This is important for those people who have difficulty digesting grains.
- USDA Organic Farms - Garden of Life is working closely with and supporting several family farms in North America and Canada to produce high quality clean proteins. Organic Plant Protein is made with a unique blend of seven nutritious plant proteins, five organic American seed proteins — organic pea seed, organic flax seed, organic cranberry seed, organic chia seed and organic pumpkin seed. We work with our farmers to ensure that these ingredients are top quality and the cleanest available.
- 2 African Super Foods - Moringa and Baobab are rich in protein, minerals and antioxidants. We purchase them through the African Hub to guarantee Fair Trade.
- Excellent Source Protein – 15 grams of quality plant protein per serving with Complete Amino Acid Profile – ideal for growth, building muscles and repairing tissues.†
- Over 3g Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) - Great for athletes, pre- or post-exercise, and anyone who wants to boost protein intake.
- Less than 1g Sugar*, 2g to 4g of Fiber and Only 100 Calories per Serving - ideal macronutrient profile for the health conscious and for weight management.
- Cleanest protein on the shelf with DUAL Certification - All Garden of Life proteins including Organic Plant Protein are dual certified, Certified USDA Organic, and Non-GMO Project Verified (Independent, third-party verification). This is a gold standard for Garden of Life, yet it is surprisingly rare in our industry at present.
- Vegan Certified, Kosher - No Dairy, No Soy. No Artificial or Chemical Ingredients.
Because USDA Certified Organic Matters - to Garden of Life and to You!
At Garden of Life, they believe that health matters. That's why they have been, still are, and always will be committed to the highest quality standards in their products. They are entirely committed to this mission and organic farming. Not satisfied to sit back and watch USA's organic family farmers dwindle in number, they are proud to provide long-term contracts and create security for the family farmer community. In fact, their commitment to quality compelled them to make sure as many of their products as possible are USDA Certified Organic, which means no toxins such as pesticides, genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and more. The USDA Certified Organic seal also ensures that the entire product contains 95 percent or more certified organic content, delivering an elite status because USDA organic standards are set high and enforced from start to finish - every step along the way.
By Definition, the USDA Organic Seal Means:
- No Irradiation
- No Sewage Sludge
- No Synthetic Fertilizers
- No Prohibited Pesticides
- No Genetically Modified Organisms or GMOs
- Adherence to Animal Health & Welfare Standards
- Zero Antibiotics or Growth Hormones
- 100 Percent Organic Feed
- Giving Animals Access to the Outdoors
- Specific Soil & Water Conservation Methods
- Pollution Reduction
It's a three-year process to convert land to organic status, and only in the third year - not before - can produce be called organic. There's also a residue-testing program to verify that prohibited pesticides aren't applied to organic crops, since over 3,000 high-risk toxins, including pesticides, are by law excluded from organic products. On the other hand, conventional farming results in products grown with pesticides or other toxins that can get to anyone who consumes them - and over one billion tons of pesticides are used in conventional farming in the United States each year.
Those pesticides show up, too. A CDC data analysis revealed that 100 percent of blood and urine tests from all subjects showed pesticide residues - some over four times what's deemed "acceptable." It's no wonder, though. In conventional farming, there's a limit on the maximum amount of each pesticide used, but there's no limit to the number of different pesticides that can be on food or the total amount of contamination - and chemicals can have synergistic effects, even at very low levels.
However, you can avoid these toxins by choosing USDA Certified Organic. Scientists say that pesticide levels drop to undetectable levels when people eat an organic diet, but return almost immediately with a non-organic diet. The USDA Certified Organic seal means high-quality, pure, nutritious products. They're not filled with toxins, including prohibited pesticides, GMOs and much more.
You see, health and quality truly matters to Garden of Life. They always have and always will. That's why they are committed to their products wearing the USDA Certified Organic seal, and why they continue to work diligently to provide only the highest quality products.
Where Do Vitamins Come From?
Hint: They don't grow on trees.
Garden of Life's Commitment to Non-GMO Project Verified Products
At Garden of Life, it is their mission to Empower Extraordinary Health and one way they can help achieve that mission is to provide the highest quality, purest, non-GMO products for their consumers. Having their products verified by the Non-GMO Project is paramount to that mission.
What is a GMO?
According to the Non-GMO Project, "genetically modified organisms" (GMOs) are plants or animals created through the gene splicing techniques of biotechnology - also called genetic engineering, or GE. This experimental technology merges DNA from different species, creating unstable combinations of plant, animal, bacterial, and viral genes that cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding.
According to Megan Westgate, Executive Director of the Non-GMO Project, "Virtually all commercial GMOs are engineered to withstand direct application of herbicide and/or to produce an insecticide. GMOs are connected with health problems, environmental damage and violation of farmers' and consumers' rights. Non-GMO Project Verification gives consumers the informed choice they deserve."
What Does It Mean to be Non-GMO Project Verified?
The Non-GMO Project is North America's only third-party verification program for Non-GMO. It's a non-profit organization to help preserve a non-GMO food supply and to give consumers an informed choice and to ensure that we have safe, healthy food. Their extensive Non-GMO verification process - and, hence, the Non-GMO Project Verified label - assures that a product has been produced according to consensus-based best practices for GMO avoidance through:
- verification maintenance by an annual audit and onsite inspections for high-risk products.
- rigorous traceability and segregation practices (after testing) to ensure ingredient integrity through to the finished product.
- ensuring that any ingredient that is also grown commercially in GMO form is tested prior to use in a Non-GMO verified product to ensure Non-GMO status.
- an Action Threshold of 0.9%. This aligns with laws in the European Union, where products containing more than 0.9% GMO must be labeled.
- a thorough review of ingredient specification sheets to determine absence of GMO risk.
The best way to avoid GMOs is to look for the Non-GMO Project Verified label.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Garden of Life works with third party organizations to ensure the highest possible quality in the products they manufacture for your extraordinary health.
Are dietary supplements regulated?
Yes. The FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering "conventional" foods and drug products (prescription and Over-the-Counter). Under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA), the dietary supplement manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that a dietary supplement is safe before it is marketed. The FDA is responsible for taking action against any unsafe dietary supplement product after it reaches the market. Generally, manufacturers do not need to register their products with FDA nor get FDA approval before producing or selling dietary supplements. Manufacturers must make sure that product label information is truthful and not misleading. FDA's post-marketing responsibilities include monitoring safety, e.g. voluntary dietary supplement adverse event reporting, and product information, such as labeling, claims, package inserts, and accompanying literature. The Federal Trade Commission regulates dietary supplement advertising.
On June 25, 2007, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published the dietary supplement current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) final rule 21 CFR 111. The new regulations apply to all persons who manufacture, package, label, or hold dietary supplements, with the exception of persons who hold dietary supplements at a retail establishment for the sole purpose of direct retail sale to individual customers. According to FDA, the cGMPs are intended to establish a comprehensive system of process controls, including documentation of each stage of the manufacturing process, which can minimize the likelihood of, or detect problems and variances in manufacturing as they occur, before the product is in its finished form. The process controls that are a part of cGMPs are essential to ensure that a dietary supplement is manufactured, packaged, held, and labeled in a consistent and reproducible manner. Although the compliance date for medium size businesses such as Garden of Life was June 25, 2009, Garden of Life has operated under GMPs for several years.
What are GMPs?
GMPs or Good Manufacturing Practices (also referred to as cGMP or Current Good Manufacturing Practices), are a set of guidelines that address the principles required in the manufacturing and care of products intended for human use and regulated by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). GMPs are established due to common standards set by the industry to ensure products are manufactured safely and with quality assurance.
How does Garden of Life implement cGMPs?
Garden of Life knows and understands the regulations; they have a Quality Department that oversees cGMPs. They have established manufacturing and operating procedures, documentation for following these procedures. They train employees on how to follow these procedures and have implemented processes for corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA). Garden of Life works very closely with contract manufacturers and raw material suppliers, conducting GMP supplier audits, evaluating GMP status and identifying gaps; they confirm raw material identity and determine action plans to maintain and/or improve supplier's status. Garden of Life has created quality systems by establishing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), product specifications, implementing and following Good Documentation Practices and reviewing and investigating product complaints.
The safety and efficacy of their products is of utmost concern. All raw materials have strict specifications and their Certificates of Analysis are kept on record. As part of Garden of Life's testing protocol, they test all finished products for pathogens. Their premium quality products are manufactured in carefully selected facilities, and they work with manufacturers who have the highest quality standards and follow GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) set by the FDA. They have an extensive quality program that surpasses many industry standards in order to deliver the best product to customers.
About Garden of Life
Mission - Empowering Extraordinary Health
- Empower. Their products are designed to let you take control of your own health.
- Extraordinary. They believe in premium nutrition that goes beyond the ordinary.
- Health. Your health is a gift, and extraordinary health is a goal worth pursuing - both for you and for your family.
With Your Help, Garden of Life Makes a Difference
Every time you, as a valued customer, purchase certain Garden of Life products, you not only are supporting your health, you are also supporting various causes specially chosen for their outstanding work. At Garden of Life, they are always striving to offer customers solutions that are life-changing, because they truly believe they can change the world by empowering extraordinary health.
So when Garden of Life considers other organizations they'd like to partner with, they focus on those dedicated to making the world a better, healthier place. They are proud to partner with the following organizations and foundations who are devoted to improving people's lives through their efforts:
- SOS Children's Villages International
- Vitamin Angels
- WomenHeart, the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease
- National Parkinson Foundation
Garden of Life's commitment to health goes beyond offering some of the most effective nutritional products in the world. They are interested in building relationships with people to help them transform their lives to attain extraordinary health. By combining the best of nature and science, the Garden of Life brand offers a path to healthy living with premium products that are supported by education and innovation.
As recognized by the United States Congress, there is a direct correlation between nutrition, exercise, and health. Raw, whole food nutrition, from organically grown sources, is more beneficial for health than isolated nutrients. When coupled with exercise, a diet that includes the consumption of raw, live foods, particularly those containing probiotics, enzymes, and products of their fermentation, is the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.