The Prefect Bar - Perfect Foods Bar Peanut Butter - 2.5 oz. (71g)
The Perfect Bar & Company Peanut Butter Bar is made of creamy peanut butter that meets sweet organic honey - loaded with over 20 expertly-hidden whole foods. It’s a delicious meal on the go, so you can eat healthy wherever life takes you. And the ingredients are simple, wholesome and yes, perfect.
- 17g of Whole Food Protein
- 20+ Organic Super Foods
- High Energy
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- No Preservatives, Additives, or Salt
- No Coatings or Refined Sugar
- No Synthetic Additives
Look, most energy bars have that same chalky aftertaste. Guess what? That taste is the chemical preservatives that some scientists cooked up in a lab somewhere. It's actually the same reason you can lose a bar under the seat of your car and a year later it will taste exactly the same! Well, at Perfect Bar they do things a little differently. Perfect Bars are delicious, great tasting bars that don't have any added chemical preservatives. They start with a delicious, creamy blend of freshly ground peanut butter and almond butter, then add organic honey and nutrient dense whole foods and whole food protein. They taste so good, you won't believe they're so good for you.
10 Reasons to Try Perfect Bar:
- Simple Ingredients. Real Food. You can pronounce all of the ingredients without a chemistry degree.
- Over 20 nutrient dense organic whole foods provide good vitamins and minerals on-the-go. Plus, with ingredients such as tomato, bell pepper, alfalfa and celery, you will finally be able to tell your mother that you're eating your vegetables!
- No Refined Sugar. Since the only sweetener we use is organic honey, your body can digest it slower than it would refined sugar. This means you'll have long sustained energy without a crash.
- Good source of fiber. Everyone knows fiber is important and aids in proper digestion.
- Soy free. Research suggests soy consumption might be linked to several health conditions including: bloating, hormonal imbalance, unusual weight gain, and allergies. (Hidden Dangers of Soy by Dianne Gregg.) The problem with soy is that most products you find at the grocery store have some form of this ingredient - you have to know what to look for because it’s hidden in so many ingredients.
- Handmade. These bars are handmade by happy people in sunny San Diego. They create jobs and support thei local community. Besides, robots are kind of scary.
- High in Omega-3s. Anti-inflammatory omega-3s are an important addition to your daily diet.
- Gluten free. Whether you've been diagnosed with celiacs or have found that your body doesn't digest gluten very well, we are committed to being gluten-free. They encourage everyone to read more about the ill effects of gluten on your body's digestive system.
- Refrigerated. Because there are no artificial ingredients or chemical preservatives these bars are stored in the fridge. Yum!
- They taste amazing. PERIOD. Seriously, you really won't even remember the 9 other reasons once you try a bar. They taste like cookie dough, but are packed with the nutrients your body needs to stay active!
The Swinging 60's
It was the 1960s and the mantra of the times was: "Turn on, tune in, drop out” But our father, Dr. William Keith, had another message: “Eat right, get fit and work out.” Dad opened his first gym, “Health House,” in Mission Beach, San Diego. Health House had a gym, a juice bar (something way ahead of its time) and was the scene of several muscle beach competitions.
As Dad continued to be a pioneer in the health industry, it was only natural that he joined forces with Jack LaLanne, the legendary workout guru. If you grew up in the 1960s and 70s, you certainly remember Jack LaLanne’s popular TV show. Eventually, Dad ended up becoming a Vice President at the LaLanne Paris Corporation. It was a partnership he was very proud of.
You are what you eat.
Their dad knew that good health begins with eating right. He became a founder of whole food supplementation. He practiced what he preached, and always followed a strict healthy, whole food diet. Naturally, he encouraged the kids to eat healthy too. They grew up not knowing the wonders of Cocoa Puffs and Twinkies. While they weren’t always so crazy about what Dad made us eat then, now that they’re older they appreciate the healthy foundation he gave them.
Road trip across America.
As the years passed, their family started to grow, and grow and grow. One year, their Dad and Mom put all eight of them on a bus and they spent the next twelve months on the road while Dad taught others about nutritional “quality over quantity.” He had several products that he sold in stores across the country. Yes, those were some pretty cozy times on the bus but they look back on that time with fond memories.
As children, they were subject to Dad’s continuous experiments in the kitchen. He would grind up natural whole food supplements and make healthy concoctions. (Yes, getting all our vitamins was never an issue in our household.) Finally in 1995, Dad hit the taste jackpot when he added whole food supplements to a mix of organic peanut butter and honey. They were small, delicious balls packed with nutritional awesomeness. Dad took one taste and just said, “It’s Perfect! The Perfect Foods Bar was born.
In Dad’s footsteps.
Their family grew to number 13 of us brothers and sisters. (The one time where quantity = quality.) And it was inevitable when the oldest siblings started creating their own healthy concoctions in the kitchen. In 2005, they decided to share Dad’s recipe with everyone and started Perfect Foods Research, rooted in the tradition of healthy living that was instilled in us from our youth.
The first few years were not easy, but having such a strong family and a delicious product has helped them continue to grow. Dad was there to watch the first few years of the growth of their family business. They were sad when he passed away in 2009, but it is with great joy that they work together as a family to keep his dream alive and share his nutrition principles with the world.