PediaSmart! Vanilla Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage Powder For Kids 1 to 13 Years - 12.7 oz. (360g)
Kids love the flavor of PediaSmart Vanilla Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage is the only organic complete nutrition beverage for kids ages 1 to 13. Organic assures non-GMO ingredients, no chemical processing & nothing artificial. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage is gluten-free, contains no corn ingredients, & appropriate for lactose sensitivity. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage's organic vanilla flavor is so rich and smooth, even picky eaters love the great taste!
When Dairy Isn't an Option
PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage is recommended for kids with a cow's milk protein allergy or an intolerance to lactose. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage is excellent for vegetarian diets and may be appropriate for galactosemia under healthcare professional guidance.
PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage contains no gluten or corn.
For Picky Eaters
Kids need to eat a balanced diet to support rapid growth, and PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage can fill the gaps left by picky eating or limited availability of nutritious food. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage contains all the nutrients found in a balanced meal.
For Medical Issues
When medical or digestive problems hamper normal growth, consider PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage as a nutritional alternative. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage offers complete nutrition for children who suffer from chronic illness, growth failure, food aversions, or curbed appetite due to medication. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage meets or exceeds 100% Dietary Recommended Intake (DRI) and can be used as a sole source of nutrition and in a feeding tube under healthcare professional supervision.
For Food Sensitivities
PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage is gluten-free, contains no corn ingredients & is appropriate for kids with lactose sensitivity. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage offers relief for kids who are sensitive to chemical processing.
For Breakfast Skippers
Studies show kids who eat a balanced breakfast in the morning have higher test scores than those who skip breakfast. PediaSmart Soy Organic Complete Nutrition Beverage is perfect when there’s no time for breakfast & offers advantages over empty calorie foods like pastries and doughnuts.
Organic Quality. Good Nutrition. Competitive Price.
High quality ingredients promote good health, strong growth and make better tasting products. That’s why Nature’s One takes pride in offering PediaSmart that contains top quality ingredients with natural flavors & colors and no chemical processing. Nature’s One is serious about good nutrition because we know kids who drink PediaSmart tend to skip meals or are fussy eaters.
Some kids are in need of added calories or even use PediaSmart as their sole source of nutrition.
Fuel for Back to School: PediaSmart Soy Offers a Balanced Organic Breakfast
A child's eating habits last a lifetime, so kids need to learn the importance of refueling every morning. Kids who go to school without breakfast experience a drop in blood sugar, which leads to low energy, restlessness, moodiness and poor food choices as the day progresses. PediaSmart Soy provides complete nutrition similar to an egg, slice of whole wheat toast and a glass of orange juice. Studies prove that kids who eat a balanced breakfast in the morning have higher test scores than those who skip breakfast. Without breakfast the body becomes fatigued and the brain is unable to concentrate.
PediaSmart Soy tastes great and is the ONLY nutritionally complete organic soy beverage that's perfect when there's no time for breakfast or when you need to supplement an incomplete meal. This beverage offers advantages over high carbohydrate foods like pastries and doughnuts that contain empty calories. PediaSmart Soy is scientifically developed to maintain blood sugar levels that will successfully get your child through the morning.
Nature's One's Mission for Your Child's Good Health
Nature's One is a privately held company founded in 1997 and based in Columbus, Ohio. The company is a pioneer in the organic medical nutrition category introducing the first organic baby formula to the United States in 1999 under the brand Baby's Only Organic.
From the beginning, Nature's One has heavily invested in research and development to offer the very best in organic and nutritional science. Today most of Nature's One organic medical nutritionals remain the first and only in their product categories. These products are sold nationwide and internationally through a wide range of retail outlets and medical suppliers.
Celebrating 15 years of innovation, Nature's One continues to search for ways to improve its brands and discover new organic medical foods to meet the growing needs of concerned consumers.
A Company For All Generations:
- Nature's One only manufactures products based on sound nutritional science as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Nature's One uses independent analytical labs to rigorously test their products for purity and to insure all nutrients are present at the levels stated on labels.
- Nature's One promotes breast feeding as the best source of nutrition for developing babies and toddlers. Their formulas are nutritionally complete to supplement or replace breast milk when necessary.
- Nature's One is sensitive to the fact that breast milk is not always available to mothers with physical limitations and adopting parents.
- Going beyond organic, Nature's One sources only the highest quality and most nutritious organic ingredients available.
- Nature's One stands for environmentally friendly business practices and avoids profit motivated behavior that negatively impacts the well-being of children.
- International distribution includes China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Mexico, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
- Nature's One supports charities like Feed the Children in its effort to provide nutrition to hungry children in the USA and worldwide.
- Nature's One also supports specific orphanages that provide life-saving surgeries and a loving home to orphans with special needs.
Organic Benefits: More New Parents Feel Driven to "Go Organic"
What is the Meaning of "Organic?"
The term "organic" refers to the way agricultural products are grown and processed. Specific requirements must be met and maintained in order for products to be labeled as organic. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) defines organic as food that is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations. Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals that are given no antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides; fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge; bioengineering; or ionizing radiation. Only foods that are 95 to 100 percent organic can use the green and white organic seal on the label which indicates compliance to strict USDA organic standards and inspection. A prepared food that is labeled "made with organic ingredients" must contain at least 70% organic ingredients, but cannot use the USDA organic seal.
What are the Benefits of Eating Organic Food?
The movement toward the use of organic foods continues to grow and for good reasons. In addition to environmental motives, parents are driven to "go organic" based on their concerns for their children's health. With the growing awareness that the conventional US diet can be the cause of increasing childhood issues, such as ADHD, diabetes, allergies, and obesity, eating an organic diet is no longer a "fad." Some of the benefits of organic food include:
- Organic foods contain fewer pesticides. Children are most vulnerable to chemical pesticide exposure because they drink more water, eat more food, and breathe more air on a per unit weight basis when compared with adults. Children also metabolize, detoxify, or excrete environmental agents differently than adults. Exposure to harmful pesticides at an early age can cause developmental and behavioral problems. A recent study linked organophosphate pesticide exposure to attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Federal law does not allow organic farmers to use these toxic pesticides.
- Organic foods may taste better. Although taste is an individual preference, many consumers are of the opinion that organic food tastes better. This may be due to the fact that organic foods do not contain artificial dyes, artificial flavoring agents, preservatives, or other chemicals to extend shelf-life.
- Organic farming is better for the environment. With organic farming, there is a reduction in pollution, conservation of water, reduction of soil erosion, increased soil fertility, and less energy usage.
- Organic foods may be more nutritious. Although there continues to be debate about this claim, many studies have reported the nutritional superiority of a number of organic foods versus their non-organic counterparts. For example, organic milk can contain more desirable fatty acids and antioxidants than found in conventionally produced milk. Agricultural scientists continue to investigate the nutritional superiority of organically grown foods, especially their higher content of many antioxidants.
- Organic foods do not contain genetically modified organism (GMO) ingredients. Genetically modified crops are designed to increase productivity and yield for farmers. Since genetic modification is a relatively new concept, little is known about the long term effects it may have on humans and the environment.
- Organically raised animals are not given antibiotics or growth hormones or fed animal by-products. Animals raised on organic farms cannot be given antibiotics or growth hormones, and they must be fed organic feed and given access to the outdoors. Humane treatment, good nutrition, and a more natural living environment contributes to healthier animals with a better quality of life.
Shopping Organic on a Budget
One comment often heard is that organic foods are more expensive than conventional foods. This is not necessarily the case. The growth of the organic industry has made many items such as fruits, vegetables, grains and milk comparable to their non-organic counterparts. Planning and strategizing can help you make organic purchases on a budget.
Some suggestions to stay within your budget when purchasing organic foods include:
- Plan menus ahead of time
- Buy in season
- Buy in bulk and freeze
- Buy from local farmer's markets and/or join a community co-op
- Join a community -supported agriculture program (CSA)
- Purchase frozen organic foods
- Do price comparisons of generic brands versus branded organic products
- Search for sales and clip coupons
- Plant an organic garden
If organic options are not available, choose fruits and vegetables that are least likely to have high pesticide levels such as avocados, mangoes, bananas, pineapple, kiwis, eggplant, broccoli, cabbage, sweet potatoes, onions and watermelon. Each year, the Environmental Working Group puts together a list called the "dirty dozen" which includes produce most likely to have high pesticide residues. Their 2012 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce includes produce with high pesticide residues such as apples, celery, strawberries, peaches, spinach, nectarines, grapes, sweet bell peppers, potatoes, blueberries, lettuce and kale as well as a list of fruits and vegetables with low pesticide residues.