Navitas Organics Cacao Powder Raw Powder Chocolate brings the Chocolate Factory to your kitchen, as it instantly transforms smoothies, desserts, pies, and countless other recipes into the healthiest chocolate indulgence around. Put a spoonful into your next treat and understand why this super food has been enjoyed for thousands of years. Plus, with no added sugar, Navitas Naturals Cacao Powder is an exceptionally healthy way to stock up on antioxidants and important minerals like magnesium and iron. Check out the cacao recipe section for great ideas, and make your life as chocolatey as you please!
Source and Processing
Navitas Organics cacao beans are hand-selected for quality, partially fermented to alleviate bitterness, and processed at low temperatures for maximum nutrient retention. Once extracted from the pod-like fruit, purified water is used to cleanse the beans. The whole beans are peeled and cold-pressed to from a paste, the bean’s oil is extracted, and their nutrient-dense cacao powder is formed. Navitas Organics Cacao Powder contains 100% pure cacao powder that is certified organic, kosher, vegan, and raw.
Cacao (k?-kau, ka-kow): the dried seeds of a South American evergreen tree (Theobroma cacao of the family Sterculiaceae), which are most commonly used in making cocoa, chocolate, and cocoa butter. Also called cacao bean, and cocoa bean.
About Navitas Organics
Power the positive in your everyday.
Navitas Organics super-simple, super-nutritious superfoods give you the energy you need to live each day to the fullest.
In fact, Navitas (Nuh-vee-tus) is Latin for 'energy.' They search the globe for the highest-quality organic superfoods to keep you energized. What's more, they work hard to power the positive in all they do: in how they source their products and work to better the greater good. Navitas work with small local farmers who use sustainable organic farming methods to grow their superfoods. They operate with a focus on leaving as light of a footprint on the earth as possible. They also contribute to healthy causes by supporting nonprofit initiatives like A Growing Culture.
Navitas is dedicated to the idea that success isn't just about profits and promotions. Along with 1,800 leading businesses from 130 industries across the world, they have earned B Corporation certification. Certified B Corporations are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. Together, Certified B Corporations lead a growing, worldwide movement of people using business as a force for good.
Navitas also believes that a healthy balance of work and play is the only way to work. They think that without a hearty amount of laughter and humor, no amount of success is worthwhile. And they know that nothing is unattainable when you bring together dedicated, creative, open-minded people and give them the freedom and tools to pursue their ideas.
Navitas gets a lot of pleasure from cultivating a healthy environment where they each get a chance to be themselves and do the work they enjoy. At their campus in Northern California, they are mindful in how they work. For those who work at Navitas fitness instruction, wellness counseling and meditation are all part of their daily routine. Their campus is powered by solar panels to reduce their energy footprint.
Navitas' story began in 2003 with a strong friendship and a penchant for adventure and wanderlust to exotic regions of the world. Curiosity about ancient cultures and traditional foods led to a special collaboration with a small farmer cooperative in Peru and the discovery of the wondrous health benefits of Maca. Through this relationship, founder Zach Adelman was introduced to a variety of additional health enhancing foods that have been sustainably cultivated and consumed around the world for centuries attributing to longevity and well-being. This new knowledge combined with Zach’s long held passion for healthy, organic food sparked an intense determination to bring these ancient treasures to North America and integrate them into theri modern lifestyle. By pioneering the superfood category, the Navitas brand now boasts over 60 products supporting a healthy diet including single ingredients, snack foods, nutritional blends and bars. Today, Navitas is an organic industry leader and has stayed true to its commitment to the discovery of ancient, indigenous foods, vowing to support causes that help reduce environmental burden through ethical agricultural practices.
At the core of Navitas' business are the principles they hold true and are evident in the diverse, playful community atmosphere at Navitas. They are a hardworking, creative and open-minded group resulting in a company culture that is defined through a collaborative team management approach. Their dedicated employees possess the commitment and determination to help fuel the health-conscious movement sharing in a passion for mindful living, at the heart of which is a robust, nutrient-dense diet. They embrace a culturally diverse team, strive to promote from within and provide mentoring and support to each individual to reach his or her own true potential. In gratitude, they provide a liberal wellness program that endeavors to augment balance and fulfillment in their lives. They work hard and they play hard, and believe that without a hearty amount of laughter and humor, no amount of success is worthwhile. Through the spirit of generosity, they are committed to developing the finest products in the industry, advocate for the principles they stand for and provide superior service to their valued customers.
Navitas' purpose is honoring a healthy lifestyle through the innovation of nutrient-dense foods.
- Organic: No pesticides, fertilizers or genetically modified organisms
- Nutrient Dense: Navitas' products contain higher levels of vitamins and minerals per calorie making them some of the healthiest foods on the planet
- Holistic: Navitas foods have a positive impact on mind, body, and soul
- Energizing: Navitas products have a transformative effect on metabolism, moods and energy levels
- Fair Trade Practices: Establish partnerships with producers where a fair price is paid for their products ensuring that workers and farmers are compensated equitably
- Traditional Farming: Support farming practices that have been developed over the evolution of time well known to increase yield and complement characteristics of the natural environment
- Green Business Practices: Committed to reducing their carbon footprint by incorporating strategies to recycle, decrease waste, limit water usage and conserve energy
- Sustainable Agriculture: Understand the importance of protecting the natural environment through the regeneration of soil health, complimentary planting, and crop rotation to ensure quality food supply for future generations
Navitas develop products that are:
- Pure & Simple: Navitas practice transparency, use unadulterated ingredients
- Original: Navitas pioneered the category with the introduction of single-ingredient superfoods
- Resourceful: They source their foods from countries around the world and will continue to search for and create other miraculous plant-based products
- Convenient: Provide a variety of nutrient rich foods and snacks that are easily incorporated into a modern, busy lifestyle
- Minimally processed: Navitas foods are pure, clean and maintain their nutritional integrity
- Certified: Navitas products are certified organic, non-GMO, kosher and gluten-free
- Wholesome: Their plant-based foods bring vitality and positivity to every aspect of daily life
- Consciously sourced: Navtias vet their suppliers to determine the highest quality of products to represent their brand