ZeaVision EyePromise Vizual Edge Pro 30 Daily Performance Packs
ZeaVision EyePromise Visual Edge Pro is the eye vitamin that maximizes performance on and off the field. It's formulated to help athletes see better and reach faster by improving sensitivity to light, glare, contrast, and visual processing speed. How important is vision to your game?
- Improve visual processing speed to react faster
- Reduce sensitivity to light and avoid the pain and hassle of bright day games
- Diminish debilitating glare that can lead to on-field mishaps
- Enhance contrast sensitivity to pick up on fine detail
- Increase clarity of vision through better light refraction from moist eyes
- Improve the uncomfortable, gritty feeling caused by dry eye
- Protects against damaging sun exposure
- Enhance joint and cardiovascular health
- NSF Certified for Sport
- Contains essential nutrients like high-quality Omega-3 Fish Oil and Vitamin D that go beyond just eye health
- Packaged in convenient multi-packs for on-the-go athletes
- Highest quality, natural ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Science based
- Doctor recommended
NSF Internation's Certified for Sport program is a rigorous program that certifies that a dietary or sports supplement is free of banned substances, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2-agonists, masking agents and other substances, as well as unsafe levels of contaminants. Dietary supplements and nutritional products are evaluated to certify that they are free of athletic banned substances and contaminants of concern. The certification process requires:
- Toxicological and label review to verify product formulation
- Product testing to verify and quantify dietary ingredients declared on product label
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audits
- Contaminant screening, which involves testing to ensure there are no ingredients present that have not been declared on the label nor ar there unsafe levels of contaminants
- Banned substance screening to certify the product is free of prohibited substances on World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) list, NFL, MLB and NCAA prohibited substances lists. This includes screening for over 160 athletic banned substances.
- The NSF certification process also requires ongoing monitoring and testing to ensure the products comply with these requirements.
Eye Promise macular pigment formulas are designed to increase macular pigment, providing vision protection and enhancement. Low macular pigment is a leading risk factor for AMD, which is the leading cause of severe vision loss in adults over the age of 55, affecting millions of Americans each year. The leading risk factors for AMD and visual performance challenges include:
- Family history
- Light skin and eyes
- Poor diet
- Low macular pigment
- High BMI
- Night driving difficulty
- Discomfort due to glare (day or night)
- Sensitivity to bright light
- Difficulty seeing objects against their background (contrast sensitivity)
EyePromise is formulated for:
- Patients with AMD risk factors
- Low MPOD
- Improved visual performance
- Zeaxanthin: A superior photo-protectant and antioxidant due to its chemical structure. Primarily found in the central part of the Macula, low levels are associated with increased risk of AMD.
- Lutein: Primarily found in the peripheral part of the Macula, an important photo-protectant that helps filter damaging blue light as it enter the eye.
- Omega-3: Fatty acids from fish are a vital and seriously lacking nutrient - significant structural components of tissues' cell membranes throughout the body - especially rich in the brain and particularly important in the retina where deficiency can result in decreased vision.
- Vitamin C: A major antioxidant nutrient - strengthens blood vessels, aids in iron absorption, and is required for the synthesis of collagen, the intercellular "cement" which holds tissues together. Excellent healing agent that helps the body resist infection.
- Vitamin D3: D3 maintains adequate levels of vitamin D in the body - regulate the body's inflammatory response; immune health; joints and muscles; and more.
- Vitamin E: Major antioxidant that slows cellular aging due to oxidation, strengthens blood vessels, and may help combat AMD.
- Zinc: Very important in human metabolism - more than 100 specific enzymes require zinc for their catalytic function. Recommended upper tolerable level of zinc is 40 mg per day.
- Mixed Tocopherols: Plays a significant role in systemic inflammatory adjustments.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: A powerful antioxidant that works most effectively in synergy with Vitamins C & E - fighting free radicals that can damage cell structures, impair the immune system, and may contribute to vision loss.
Science-Based. Doctor Recommended. Since 2001.
Considered one of the leading companies in ocular nutrition, EyePromise places the highest priority on product quality. These nutraceuticals are pharmaceutical-grade, contain the highest-quality ingredients, and are manufactured to the exacting standards of the FDA current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements.
Benefits of EyePromise Nutraceuticals
- 40 million doses consumed and counting
- Doctor recommended
- Highest level of dietary Zeaxanthin available
- Highest-quality, natural ingredients
What is MPOD?
Macular pigment is comprised of Zeaxanthin Lutein, which are found in the center of the macula (fovea) at a natural 2:1 ratio. MPOD (Macular Pigment Optical Density) is important for three specific reasons:
- Low macular pigment is a key risk factor for Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), the leading cause of significant vision loss over age 55
- Macular pigment absorbs harmful blue light, protecting the photo-receptors from damage
- Macular pigment improves visual performance, including:
- Visual acuity
- Contrast sensitivity
- Light sensitivity
- Glare recovery
Did you know that 78% of the US population has less than optimal macular pigment? Healthy macular pigment acts as "internal sunglasses" to protect against harmful blue light that enters the eye and negatively impacts the visual cells responsible for central and peripheral vision.
Zeaxanthin: The Heart of ZeaVision
Studies show that Zeaxanthin (zee-uh-zan-thin) increases low macular pigment levels - a leading risk factor for AMD. These patented formulas contain the highest levels of dietary Zeaxanthin available featuring ZeaGold, a natural highly bio-available Zeaxanthin derived from an exclusive whole food source - paprika.
EyePromise supplements are recommended by thousands of leading EyeCare Professionals every day and enjoyed by tens of thousands of patients.
- A healthy fovea contains a natural 2:1 ratio of Zeaxanthin to Lutein
- Zeaxanthin protects eyes from harmful blue light induced photo-oxidative stress
- Zeaxanthin is scarce in the average US diet.
Zeaxanthin is particularly scarce in the average US diet leaving a significant dietary gap for most people. These patented formulas contain the highest levels of dietary Zeaxanthin available, helping bridge that dietary gap in supporting ocular health. The body does not produce Zeaxanthin or Lutein, so nutritional intake and supplementation are key in maintaining healthy Macular Pigment Optical Density (MPOD).
What benefits can I expect by increasing my macular pigment?
Results may be patient dependent, however many patients report reduced sensitivity to bright light or photophobia, increased contrast sensitivity, increased color saturation, improved fine detail discrimination, improved night vision and night driving, better visual acuity, and better dark adaptation. Healthy macular pigment level has also been scientifically demonstrated to reduce the risk of age-related eye disease.
How does ZeaVision ensure EyePromise quality?
EyePromise is manufactured to the FDA government cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) standard to ensure the highest-quality production standards. All ingredients are evaluated for purity, composition, strength, and quality. Testing occurs before, during, and after manufacturing. ZeaVision also conducts third party analysis of finished product to ensure EyePromise content is consistent with product labeling.
What makes EyePromise supplements unique versus others in the market?
The level of dietary Zeaxanthin in Eye Promise is patented protected and the highest level available. The Zeaxanthin in EyePromise is natural form of dietary Zeaxanthin. Zeaxanthin is less common in the average diet than lutein and EyePromise is uniquely designed to fulfill this important need. EyePromise has the right mix of ingredients scientifically demonstrated to be essential for healthy vision.
How does each EyePromise ingredient benefit the eye?
Vitamins C and E are powerful antioxidants; Omega 3 is an important constituent of the retina modulating inflammatory processes; Zinc is involved in enzyme catalytic function and metabolism; Zeaxanthin is a superior photo-protectant and antioxidant; Lutein is also a photo-protectant and antioxidant; and Alpha Lipoic Acid is another powerful antioxidant that recycles Vitamins C and E.
When should I take EyePromise Zeaxanthin versus EyePromise Restore?
If the consumer cannot consume fish oil or they are taking a large number of other vitamins contained in EyePromise Restore, a Zeaxanthin-only supplement may be preferred. For instance, if one is taking an eye supplement with a low level of Zeaxanthin or no Zeaxanthin, adding EyePromise Zeaxanthin to one's daily supplement regimen may be desirable.
When should I take EyePromise?
EyePromise supplements should be taken with a meal, preferable a meal that contains at least a small amount of fat, such as a piece of buttered toast.
What is the maximum dose of Zeaxanthin I can safely consume per day?
Although the safety of much higher daily doses has been documented, ZeaVision only recommends the daily dosage listed in the supplement fact panel.
Can I take EyePromise with a multi-vitamin?
Yes, EyePromise Restore is scientifically formulated with that in mind and it is recommended that you can take a multi-vitamin each day along with EyePromise.
Should children and young adults take EyePromise?
Consult with your eye care and family doctor regarding the consumption of Eye Promise if under the age of 18. It is believed that much of the eye damage manifests late in life occurs during the younger years. Mounting evidence also suggests that consuming Zeaxanthin may provide functional improvements. Some patients report these improvements within six months of beginning EyePromise supplementation. Improvements such as reduced light sensitivity, increased contrast, sensitivity with more saturated colors, improved night driving, and overall night vision are reported. Adults should follow the dosage recommendation provided on the label.
Why does EyePromise contain only 250 mg of fish oil?
250 mg of fish oil per day is consistent with 2 servings of cold water fish consumption per week, the recommended weekly dietary intake. All EyePromise ingredients are the highest available quality. In spite of the associated cost related to high quality, ZeaVision is focused on minimizing per serving cost to consumers while providing a formulation that delivers optimal eye protection. Additionally, adding more fish oil would increase the number of softgels required daily and significantly increase the size of the softgel, both of which are undesirable. In general, ZeaVision agrees more Omega-3s would be healthy, however, the formulation balances consumer cost, softgel size, and required softgel servings per day to meet the needs of the majority of consumers. EyePromise is scientifically formulated with the right ingredients and dosage to provide optimal eye health benefits, at an affordable cost.
How long will I need to take EyePromise supplements?
To maintain your macular pigment level after you reach the desired level, you must continue to take EyePromise. Once you achieve the target level, your doctor may lower your prescription to one softgel per day if you were taking two softgels. If you stop taking EyePromise, your macular pigment level will return to your baseline level over time. Additionally, you should make the lifestyle changes your doctor recommends to receive the maximum benefit of EyePromise.
Some individuals have high macular pigment scores after taking lutein supplements. Is lutein the only carotenoid needed to protect healthy vision?
The macula contains both lutein and Zeaxanthin and the eye preferentially accumulates Zeaxanthin in the center of the macula where the highest density of visual cells reside. Supplementing with lutein will increase macular pigment; however, the most crucial area of the macula may have deficient protection without Zeaxanthin and recent science demonstrates unique and beneficial differences between the two carotenoids.
Has Zeaxanthin safety been reviewed by the FDA?
The FDA does not approve vitamins and supplements. Three Zeaxanthin safety studies have been conducted and submitted to the FDA and safety approval obtained. ZeaVision takes safety and quality very seriously.
Why does EyePromise contain only 4mg of lutein?
The decision to incorporate a 2:1 Zeaxanthin to lutein ratio in EyePromise is based on the actual ratio in the center of the macula. Lutein is more readily available than Zeaxanthin in the diet. The eye still chooses to place a 2:1 ratio of Zeaxanthin to lutein in the center of the macula, the area with the highest concentration of visual cells.
How do Zeaxanthin and Lutein differ? Are there benefits to taking both?
Zeaxanthin and lutein are molecularly similar however they each orient themselves differently in the cell with Zeaxanthin having two ends reactive for antioxidant activity, and lutein only one. The deposition of these antioxidants in the eye varies as Zeaxathin is in higher concentration in the cone rich center of the macula and lutein is in higher concentration in the peripheral area of the macula. The eye preferentially deposits Zeaxanthin in the fovea (the very center of the macula containing the highest density of vision cells in the retina), suggesting a distinct and different role for each.
What Zeaxanthin and lutein source does ZeaVision utilize in EyePromise Supplements?
Both carotenoids provided in EyePromise are derived from natural sources. The lutein utilized in EyePromise is derived from marigolds and the Zeaxanthin is derived from red peppers.
ZeaVision, the parent company of EyePromise, was founded in 2001, with a mission to fight vision loss and preserve healthy vision. With more than 20 years of research, the co-founder Dennis Gierhart, Ph.D. pioneered the use of Zeaxanthin for eye health use.
EyePromise eye vitamins are recommended by thousands of leading EyeCare Professionals every day, and enjoyed by tens of thousands of patients. Considered one of the leading companies in ocular nutrition, EyePromise places the highest priority on product quality. These supplements are pharmaceutical-grade, contain the highest-quality ingredients, and are manufactured to the exacting standards of the FDA current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements.