Big Tree Farms - Coco Hydro Coconut Water Electrolytes Lemon-Lime - 0.78 oz. (22 g)
Big Tree Farms Coco Hydro Coconut Water Hydration Lemon-Lime is the equivalent of the water from two whole coconuts contained in this one little packet, making it easy to get coconut water on-the-go, anutime you want it. Just add to water or a smoothie. Replacing two bottled drinks per week with Big Tree Farms Coco Hydro Coconut Water Hydration Lemon-Lime saves 104 plastic or glass bottlers per year. The U.S. population consumes 1,500 plastic bottles per second. That's 50 billion a year and 80% end up in landfulls, even with recycling programs.
Aren’t you tired of lugging around all that heavy coconut water yet? Well, you should be because only 3% of what’s in it is nutritious and the rest is just plain water. Coco Hydro is that super nutritious 3% which means it is naturally high in all kinds of great nutrients – five essential electrolytes as well as vitamins and minerals. Great for the gym, camping, kid’s events, at work, in your travel bag and in smoothies – the possibilities are endless. Coco Hydro is a healthy soft drink alternative and a healthy energy drink alternative, too.
- Grab & Go Portability
- Sustainably Sourced & Shipped
- One Packet is Equal to One Bottle of Coconut water
- Soy & Gluten-Free
- Magnesium & Nitrogen
Regulates blood sugar levels and blood pressure. Helps prevent and manage hypertension, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Called the "nutrient of intelligence" and is necessary for mental development.
Electrolytes help with muscular strength, cramps, diabetes maintenance and brain function.
Builds strong bones, reduces high blood pressure and kidney stones, and aids in weight management.
Big Tree Farms Coco Hydro FAQ
What is the best use for Coco Hydro?
Coco Hydro is a great electrolyte replenishment drink mix that can be used daily at your desk, as part of your exercise hydration needs and as a daily supplement to increase your intake of naturally occurring minerals.
What's the advantage of Coco Hydro over other electrolyte drink mixes?
Coco Hydro is made from pure coconut water electrolytes. These are macro-minerals made by nature, so your body and cells can easily absorb and utilize them. They also add 72 ionic trace mineral which are found in the same ratio as sea water. Big Tree Farms' trace minerals are harvested from an ancient sea bed in North America. Most other electrolyte powders on the market claim to be high performance, but the fact of the matter is, they are generally 100% synthetic GMO ingredients. Yuck.
Are there any GMO ingredients in Coco Hydro?
No. All ingredients in Coco Hydro are Non-GMO.
Explain the ingredients in Coco Hydro.
- Evaporated coconut water is the pure solid nutrients of coconut water after they enzymatically spray dry the coconut water.
- Tapioca dextrose is a simple carbohydrate made from tapioca. This is added to bring the carbohydrate level up to the same level as fresh coconut water.
- Hydro Boost is made up of high grade Non-GMO chelated minerals to ensure the nutritional facts they declare remain consistent season to season. Highly mineralized sea salt is added, as high quality natural occurring salt is super important for good health. In fact, according to most health professionals, sodium is more important than potassium when sweating and exercising.
- Natural organic compliant flavors are added to give you the fruity flavors you love.
- Vegetable based organic compliant colors are added to give you that visual yum factor (beta carotene and turmeric).
- Pure ionic trace minerals are added to ensure you get your daily dose of critical trace minerals which are lacking from your modern diet. The trace minerals help your cells function properly with the macro-minerals found in Coco Hydro.
- Citric acid is added to Coco Hydro to add a lil' bit of quenching tartness.
- Silica is added as a anti-caking agent. Silica is a naturally occurring compound and is organic compliant.
- Coconut flower blossom nectar and monk fruit are added for a hint of sweetness.
I bought Coco Hydro and the powder turned hard. What's up with that?
Coco Hydro is hygroscopic. Meaning, it will absorb ambient moisture from the air. When this happens, the free-flowing powder turns into a hard clump. Don't worry, it's a natural occurrence. The solution when this happens? Pour some water into the pouch and the clump will dissolve in about 5-10 minutes. Then you have a Coco Hydro concentrate that you can keep in the refrigerator and add to your water bottle anytime. Further explanation is available here.
Coconut Water Just Got Smarter with Coco Hydro
Coco Hydro is the evolution of what can be done with coconut water to serve a population that doesnt live in the tropics where fresh coconuts are readily available and who want a sustainable, affordable option. CocoHydro is not a substitute for the real thing (nothing beats fresh coconut water), yet, its a smarter option in circumstances when carrying around 25 coconuts just isnt logical or practical (they tried a couple times and it was just really really difficult).
Coco Hydro developed Coco Hydro for the coconut water fanatic who drinks it everyday and wants to incorporate it in all aspects of their active lives. Coco Hydro created Coco Hydro for the professional athlete who is looking for a healthier and more natural hydration formula.
For people like them, who hike, bike and climb to places that questions typical sanity, run distances that are best for left for migrating caribou, work long hours because their passion is their work and their work their passion, do yoga in a room that is essentially a massive sauna and the floor a sopping wet sweat mess, or because they drink WAY too much coffee and need an alkalizing balance in their blood stream, or perhaps all the above. Yup, this is the Coco Hydro Posse. Welcome to their team.
Coco Hydro is made by taking the coconut water, which is on average 97% water and 3% nutrients, evaporating the water back into the global cloud system, collecting the nutrients and shipping them off to your local store where you can buy it. Once its in your hands, you just scoop some into your glass or water bottle, mix in your favorite local water, mix, stir, shake it up and drink it down while youre at your desk dreaming up the next internet craze, preparing for your tango lesson, on the 11th hour of your 12 hours bike race or ascending El Capitan. Or pour the whole pouch into a big water jug (gallon size) and just keep it in the fridge for the whole family to enjoy.. its all good.
The key Benefits of CocoHydro:
- High in the 5 essential electrolytes your thirsty cells and swooning heart love: Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, Manganese and Magnesium.
- Super portable - one 275gm pouch of Coco Hydro is about 25 servings (depending on your strength of flavor). This means you can really carry it around with you pretty much anywhere. Much easier than carrying around 25 bottles of coconut water or 25 coconuts.
- More sustainable - they're not shipping water around the world just for the 3% nutrients. Nope. They're bringing the nutrients to you so you can Jack & Jill up the hill to fetch a pale of water from your local water well.
- And because they arent shipping water around the world, they can bring this super duper product to you at super duper prices. Crazy Eddy would be so happy.
- Coco Hydro add a pinch of Ionic Trace Minerals to each batch to make sure you are getting your absolute critical dose of trace minerals in your diet. When all food was organic and the soil rich and fertile, this wasn't an issue. But with the stress that their modern soil is put under and the depletion of vital nutrients in their soils, most of them lack these essential trace minerals that their cells crave. Coco Hydro is watching your back. They just want you to be healthy.
- And it tastes great.
It's really pretty simple. It's a great product that serves your coconut water addiction at a lower price which also cuts down on fossil fuel usage. It tastes great and you can bring it anywhere. Hallelujah.
Coconut water is legendary as a natural healing and preventative elixir of nature. If you have ever drank the juice from a freshly cracked coconut, you know exactly why. Coconut water is high in life supporting electrolytes, such as Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese and Sodium which are lost during daily activity and especially during exercise. In fact, coconut water contains the same electrolyte balance as their blood, which leads many to call it "the fluid of life" and during war time in the Pacific Ocean, soldiers were actually given plasma infusions with coconut water.
Bottom line, coconut water is good. Real good.
Here are some well known Coconut Water Facts:
- A 100ml serving of coconut water contains more potassium than a couple large bananas and more potassium than your standard bottled sports drink.
- Coconut water is more nutritious than whole milk with less saturated animal fat and no cholesterol.
- Coconut water is generally regarded as more healthy than orange juice, with much lower calories.
- Coconut water contains lauric acid, which is naturally found in mothers milk.
About Sweet Tree
The current history of Big Tree Farms is charmed with adventures and jaw dropping tales that will one day find their way into a book. Or perhaps even a movie. From Ben and Blair's hair raising adventures across Australia and Indonesia to Frederick's rampant exploration through Central and South America, the stage of Big Tree Farms is a fusing of synergetic passions and a relentless quest for food fun, culminating in a company that continues to push the boundaries of how the food industry conducts business.
Big Tree Farms is run by co-ceos & owners Ben Ripple and Frederick Schilling, who came together in a serendipitous meeting that was foretold by an industry associate, just moments before it happened. Twilight Zone style. No joke. From that day, it was clear that the two were to join forces and make Big Tree Farms what it is today; one of the most respected vertically integrated food companies, serving their 9,000+ farmer partners and millions of customers worldwide, each with zealous passion and sincerity.
In early June of 2000, Blair and Ben Ripple dug deep into rich volcanic soil and pulled out a handful of creamy white new potatoes. It was the first harvest for Big Tree Farms, Bali. Since those first humble beginnings on just under an eighth of an acre, Big Tree Farms has developed to become the premier producer of sustainably grown produce in Indonesia.
Now, over ten acres of land yields more than eighty different crops that are harvested daily in the wee hours of the morning, when ghostly clouds roll through the mountainous forest and the night crickets fill the air with a melodious symphony. From long time standards such as heavy heads of Broccoli, and crisp Romaines to more exotic heirlooms like French Chantenay Carrots, D'avignon Radishes, Pennsylvania Brandywine Tomatoes and Italian Chiogga Beets. Vines of succulent Passion fruit hang from 30 year-old coffee and cacao trees, Vanilla orchids trail up the trunks of shade producing Gamal and Dapdap trees and among it all are the beds of organic vegetables. Situated on the verdant slopes of Bali's second highest volcanic peak, Big Tree Farms' hand-carved terraces of produce flow seamlessly with the meandering contours of the jungle highland.
Having a vegetable farm was their first dream. The constant challenges of watching the sky and praying for no rain or pleading with the clouds to unleash their downpour, coaxing carrots to grow big and strong with compost, love and weeding, watching the seasons and veggies go through there ever changing dance and of course growing produce that is vibrant, delicious and organic will always be at their core. However, they soon realized that supporting themselves through planting carrots here in Bali was never going to work. Out of that realization came some bold new ideas.