P28 - High Protein Spread Peanut - 16 oz. (1 lb.) (453g)
The original P28 High Protein Peanut Butter Spread is made with the highest quality Whey Protein and Dry Roasted Peanuts. The High Protein Peanut Butter spread is the perfect nutrient-rich addition to P28 Bread, Bagels, and Flat Bread. Peanut Butter is a good source of Fiber, Protein, and Vitamins B3 and E. It's been known that poly-and monounsaturated fats in peanut butter can lower your risk of developing certain ailments.
- 14g Protein Per Serving
- Made with Natural Ingredients
- Made with Whey Isolate
- Gluten Free
- 0 Trans Fat
- Cholestrol Free
Whey Isolate Benefits:
Whey Isolate is superior to all other forms of protein. It provides the body with the perfect Amino Acid profile for building, strengthening, and repairing muscle. Whey protein is the fastest absorbing type of protein available. It is perfect for when you wake up and for your post work out nutrition. At these times, your body is at its most catabolic state, and desperately needs the protein. Why not use the best possible protein available?
Whey Protein helps:
- Build lean muscle mass
- Decrease recovery time
- Increase metabolic rate (which in tune helps burn body fat)
P28 Chicken Satay with Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: (Thai Peanut Sauce)
- 3/4 cup of P28 Peanut Butter
- (1) 13.5oz. can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 tablespoons Salt
- 3/4 cup Granulated Stevia
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinager
- 1/2 cup Water
Ingredients: (Chicken Satay)
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast - (pound slightly and slice into 1" strips)
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Light Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Shallot, sliced thin
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1.5 tspn. Thai Fish Sauce (or 2 additional teaspoons of Soy Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tspn. Lime Zest
- 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger
Directions: (Thai Peanut Sauce)
- Put everything into a medium sized pan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Whisking constantly.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes over low heat.
- Take the pot off the stove. Let cool down to room temperature.
Directions: (Chicken Satay)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, coconut milk, soy sauce, shallot, garlic, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime zest, and ginger.
- Add the chicken strips and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl, discard the marinade.
- Spray a nonstick grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over a medium high flame/temp.
- While pan is heating, thread chicken onto skewers.
- Grill chicken on skewer in pan, 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly through, with light grill marks.
- Serve Chicken with Thai Peanut Sauce and garnish with Basil or Cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I properly store the P28 Spreads?
It is recommended that you store P28 Spreads at room temperature. Refrigeration/freezing is not recommended. The Spreads will stay fresh for 1 year.
What is the shelf life of the P28 Spreads?
P28 Spreads last up to 1 year!
Why do I need protein?
Protein is an important nutrient needed by everyone on a daily basis. It is made up of essential and non-essential amino acids, which are the "building blocks" for healthy bodies. Protein has a number of different roles in the body including the following:
Repair body cells.
Build and repair muscle and bones.
Provide a source of energy.
Control many of the important processes in the body related to metabolism.
P28 was developed by three brothers in the bakery business, with the help of their personal trainer/nutritionist. The three of them were overweight and out of shape. They wanted to lose weight and get back into shape quickly.
The first thing they did was join a local gym. Their personal trainer sat them down before they started their workout program and explained that nutrition was just as important as working out. They started working out regularly and made some changes in their diets. After months in the gym, they were not seeing the results they expected.
They soon realized that exercising alone wasn’t enough. They began to understand their trainer’s beliefs of how important proper nutrition was in their diets in order to reach their fitness goals.
Growing up in the baking business, one thing they didn’t want to give up was bread. They wanted to develop a healthy line of bread products that not only helped them reach their fitness goals, but also was enjoyable to eat every day. They wanted someone with fitness and nutrition experience involved with the development of their products. Their personal trainer who is an experienced all natural body builder/nutritionist was their first choice.
Once he heard about their idea while they were training, he was excited to become a partner in this product line. He also strongly believed in the need for nutritious bread products for anyone who wanted to reach their fitness goals.
In 2008, after a year of development, they introduced P28 Bread. P28 is the first Original High Protein Bread on the market. They now offer this quality product to you as part of your family’s healthy lifestyle.
As consumers increasingly become aware of the benefits of a healthy, high protein diet, the demand for P28 products has consistently grown at a rapid pace. Their promise to their customers is to constantly research and develop healthy new food alternatives for all to enjoy and benefit from nutritiously.