Enjoy Life Foods - Perky's Crunchy Flax with Chia Cereal - 9 oz (254g)
Enjoy Life Foods Perky's Crunchy Flax with Chia Cereal contains crispy, crunchy puffs with ground flaxseed and chia seeds for a delicious and nutritious start to your day. Crunchy Flax with Chia is 100% natural, sweetened with fruit juice and has 44g of whole grain, 7g of protein, 1000mg of Omega-3s and 5g of fiber per serving. What's not to love about this cereal?
Whole grains are packed with important nutrients to keep our hearts and bodies strong and lean. Most of us don't get enough. Aim for at least three servings a day. Did you know you can be well on your way to meeting this goal with only one bowl of Perky's Crunchy Flax with Chia? It provides almost three servings of whole grain!
- High in Fiber: Chia is high in fiber, helping you stay fuller, longer!
- High in Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Chia has more omega-3 fatty acids than any other plant food!
- High in protein. Chia is a great source of protein and antioxidants to help keep your body healthy and fit!
Free of the 8 common allergens:
- Tree Nuts
Enjoy Life Foods - Proud to be Gluten-Free!
Great news! All Enjoy Life foods are specially made to be gluten-free so they are perfect for people with Celiac Disease or gluten intolerances. They’re made in a dedicated gluten-free bakery and certified gluten-free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO), so you can eat their foods with confidence and know that you are eating gluten free. Look for the GF symbol on all their products - it means they are certified to be free of gluten and possible cross-contamination from gluten.
Did You Know?
- Eight major food groups (milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soy) account for 90% of all food allergies. Enjoy Life is free of all eight!
- The US FDA now requires all food manufacturers to clearly label common allergens on their product labels.
- It’s estimated that 12 million Americans have food allergies, with 6.9 million allergic to seafood and 3.3 million allergic to peanuts or tree nuts.
- Each year 30,000 people go to the emergency room and 150-200 people die from food allergic reactions.
- It’s estimated that 2% of adults and 5% of infants & children have food allergies.
- Adults can develop food allergies at any time. Children sometimes outgrow the allergies they have as infants, but an early peanut allergy may be life long.
- Cow’s milk, egg, wheat and soy are the most common allergies in children, while tree nuts, fish, shellfish and peanut allergies are most likely to affect adults.
- In Canada, there are ten recognized common food allergens—the eight recognized in the U.S. (milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soy) PLUS sesame and sulfites. Enjoy Life is free of all ten allergens!
About Enjoy Life Foods
Enjoy Life Foods is the leading brand in the growing Free-From category, featuring a robust portfolio of Certified Gluten-Free and Non-GMO Project Verified products that are free-from the eight most common food allergens, identified as wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish. Founded with the mission to create great-tasting Free-From options anyone can enjoy, Enjoy Life’s product line includes cookies, snack bars, chocolate bars, baking chocolate, baking mixes, cereals, seed and fruit mixes and Plentils, a plant-based savory chip made from lentils. Enjoy Life’s mission and brand promise is to deliver safe, better-for-you products free-from the top eight food allergens, but not free-from taste, so everyone can Enjoy Life to the Fullest!
Founded by Scott Mandell in 2001, Enjoy Life was established to make delicious free-from foods for the ingredient conscious consumer and the more than 100 million individuals and families with food intolerances, Celiac Disease and food allergies. Enjoy Life has grown to be a globally-recognized company and trusted source for tasty, allergy-friendly foods. The first company to receive independent gluten-free certification from GFCO, Enjoy Life helped develop the gluten-free and larger free-from category and was one of the first of its kind to receive Non-GMO Project Verification for 100 percent of its products. Today, Enjoy Life continues to grow exponentially, offering 46 free-from products with a team of more than 200 dedicated and highly trained food specialists. In February 2015, Enjoy Life was acquired by Mondelez International and continues to operate as a separate, wholly owned entity.