NoGii - High Protein Bar Cocoa Brownie - 1.93 oz. (54 g)
Elisabeth's Hasselbeck's NoGii Cocoa Brownie High Protein Bar is a gluten-free solution for healthy families! NoGii High Protein Cocoa Brownie bar contains 20 grams of high quality protein. Perfect for a quick on-the-go meal or to refuel after a workout, these tasty bars are just the right fit for your nutritional gluten-free food choice.
NoGii High Protein Bar Features:
- No Gluten
- 20 g Protein
NoGii Manufacturing and the Very Sensitive Topic of Gluten-Free Manufacturing
ALL NoGii Products are being manufactured in a facility approved and certified by the stringent testing of the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO)
- Ingredients review, down to the original supplier
- Onsite inspections by experienced, trained independent (third party) Field Inspection Agents
- Product and ingredient testing using scientifically AOAC approved testing methods
- GFCO certification mark located on product packages for easy identification
- Here is some important and hopefully comforting information about our "zero-tolerance" allergen cross-contamination manufacturing.
With 30 Years of manufacturing "allergy sensitive" products, NoGii has a disciplined approach to allergen management procedures and policies, and a stringent "highly rated" sanitation program. In addition, they have incorporated different allergen management strategies that are all compliant to all regulatory requirements (GMP, SQG, Food Safety and Food Defense).
Starting with product production and ingredient sourcing NoGii only uses dedicated, single source ingredient suppliers who do all parts of production - from growing, to harvesting, milling and packaging. This provides the least possible risk of contamination of allergens. Each ingredient supplier must provide written documentation on product specification and analysis, processing conditions, certifications.
Additional certification is then required from a 3rd party that all the ingredients have been tested by an independent lab to confirm they are Allergy free and Gluten free. After production, NoGii's finished products are then tested for gluten and allergens after every batch produced. All this testing is through the well-respected Brunswick Labs.
The following list should generally outline the approach NoGii has incorporated:
- Adopted a "zero tolerance" philosophy for allergen cross-contamination.
- Conducted an allergen risk assessment as part of our Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Trained all associates in allergen management strategy. Include R&D, production, maintenance and sanitation.
- Made sure that all incoming ingredients are clearly labeled and that the labels are reviewed periodically to assure suppliers have not changed ingredients without notice.
- Have a clear allergen storage policy including a procedure for spills cleanup.
- Designed equipment to facilitate cleaning and prevent allergen harborage niches.
- Schedule production to prevent cross-contamination.
- Clean between runs of allergen ingredients.
- Clearly identify work-in-process materials and rework. Have a clear rework policy.
- Reject in-process materials or finished product suspected of cross-contamination.
- Have a process for reviewing labels prior to use, and confirm that the correct labels are used in process.
- Conduct internal audits or use a third party auditor (NSF) to assess the allergen management strategy. NoGii's facility must undergo inspection by the National Sanitation Foundation. The company scored 97 percent on its latest inspection - the highest rating NSF has ever given.
NoGii proactively provides consumers with quick, honest answers. One of the benefits of the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act, which they have incorporated into their policies, is that their good labeling practices let consumers know that they care and they want to help.
About Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, known primarily as a television personality, Emmy-Award winning talk-show host of The View and ABC news contributor, is also a New York Times Best-Selling author, a designer, and a Gluten-Free living advocate. And, those are just the dynamics of her professional career! On the personal side, Elisabeth is a busy mother of three and is married to ESPN/NFL correspondent and former NFL Quarterback Tim Hasselbeck.
Becoming a Gluten-Free living advocate has evolved from Elisabeth's own amazing testimonial. Elisabeth went years trying to figure out what was causing her severe stomach pain and fatigue, however specialists and nutritionists were never able to diagnose her real problem; Celiac Disease. It wasn't until her participation on the TV show Survivor that her stomach ailments vanished due to a very restrictive diet of living-off-the land for 39 days. Call it a light bulb moment! Following Survivor, Elisabeth was able to reintroduce foods into her diet and pinpoint the food that made her sick -- gluten, the binding element in wheat. By simply eliminating gluten from her diet, she was able to finally enjoy a completely normal, healthy life. Following that experience, Elisabeth was led toward being officially diagnosed with Celiac Disease-and its only treatment: a lifelong gluten-free diet.
After being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, Elisabeth has committed herself to raising awareness about the autoimmune disease. In May 2009, Elisabeth brought the gluten-free lifestyle into the mainstream spotlight with her New York Times Best-Selling Book "The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide." Since its release the book has become a guidepost for those suffering from Celiac Disease, as well as individuals who are eager to adopt the health-related benefits of a gluten-free lifestyle. Today Elisabeth has entered the next phase of her commitment to this growing community with the creation of the NoGii gluten-free nutritional products focused on the entire family.