Natrol Melatonin Time Release 1 mg. 90 Tablets
Natrol Melatonin Time Release 1 mg. is a biphasic delivery system that releases melatonin quickly and then steadily to help you fall asleep fast and stay asleep all night. Getting a good night's sleep is even easier with Natrol Melatonin - a natural nightcap. A hormone found in the body, melatonin, helps promote more restful sleep. Natrol Melatonin provides relief for occasional sleeplessness, and helps promote a more relaxing night and better overall health. The body naturally releases melatonin in response to changes in light, with melatonin levels rising at night. It is in this way that melatonin helps promote sleep. There's nothing like a good night's sleep. When your body is well rested, there's nothing it can't do. But sometimes, you need some extra help when your head hits the pillow. Natrol Sleep Support products help you get the rest you need when it's time to turn out the lights.
What is the maximum amount of Melatonin I can take each day?
Experts indicate that short-term use (i.e., 3 months or less) of melatonin in a daily amount of 10 mg does not raise concern of harm for healthy adults. Long term use at this dosage requires recommendation and supervision by a health care professional.
Who should not use Melatonin?
Anyone that is pregnant or lactating, has or suspects a medical or psychological condition, or is taking prescription drugs should not use melatonin. Melatonin is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18.
What are the possible side effects I may experience from taking this product?
The most common side effects associated with melatonin include headache, stomach discomfort, morning grogginess, daytime "hangover" or feeling of a "heavy head". The chance of side effects increase with higher doses.
Is Natrol Melatonin vegetarian?
Yes, Natrol Melatonin is 100% vegetarian.
For decades, Natrol, Inc. has been offering consumers a full line of specialty nutritional products, including many proprietary formulations that are innovative and scientifically tested. Natrol is driven to become the most desired nutritional supplement brand by creating products that support your healthy life. Given this goal, consumer needs are central to our focus. Natrol’s mission is to deliver nutritional products with uncompromised quality, service, and innovation through the best that science, nature, and technology can offer.
Quality Materials Used In Natrol's Products
Natrol buys raw materials from companies located in the U.S. and abroad. Regardless of the country of origin, their extensive quality procedures ensure that Natrol’s products are safe, pure, and meet label claims. Natrol’s Quality Assurance Program involves the following key components:
- Natrol’s strict vendor qualification program includes screening by a GMP audit questionnaire, followed by facility audits to ensure they select reliable suppliers. As a result, Natrol has close working relationships with a group of trusted vendors who consistently furnish the highest quality materials.
- All ingredients are carefully inspected upon receipt, sampled, and held under quarantine until analytical testing is completed to confirm that they meet all specifications for purity, activity, and physical characteristics. All materials undergo thorough testing prior to release for manufacturing. Any material that does not meet all specifications is rejected. Natrol’s reputation for having strict acceptance criteria and rejecting unsuitable materials is well known throughout the nutraceutical industry.
- During the manufacturing process, testing is also conducted to assure that each product conforms to the specifications established for it.
- Finished Product Testing: All manufactured products undergo final analytical testing to ensure their safety, purity, and activity levels.
- Final testing includes physical and chemical analyses and microbiological testing to guarantee each Natrol product meets all quality specifications. Sensitive analytical testing is also performed to ensure that products are below the legal limit (California Proposition 65) for heavy metals (Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, and Mercury).
- All aspects of the quality program and test results are thoroughly documented. Traceability of every ingredient used in each of their products is an absolute requirement of this system.
- All production and testing records are maintained in safekeeping for several years.
- Natrol undergoes regular quality audits by its licensing and certifying agencies. They also conduct internal audits of procedures and processes to ensure compliance within the organization.
Consumers can be assured of the safety and effectiveness of Natrol’s products no matter where the raw materials originate because of the extensive testing and GMP quality procedures they maintain.