New Chapter - Headache Take Care with Feverfew - 30 Softgels
New Chapter's Headache Take Care provides a potent and effective herbal solution for occasional minor headaches associated with the normal stresses of life. Scientific research has clearly identified that the parthenolides within the feverfew flower have singular value in providing headache relief. New Chapter's exclusive supercritical CO2 extraction creates a uniquely high potency and stable parthenolide content enhanced with an array of nature's best recognized and synergistic herbs to promote comfort and release from the occasional headache.
New Chapter's Supercritical Herbal Extracts
“Supercritical” means Super Purity, Super Potency, Broad Spectrum, and No Chemical Solvents. New Chapter takes nature's finest herbs and then extracts and highly concentrates (as high as 250 to 1) their precious ingredients. They do not isolate single ingredients or spike their extracts with synthesized additives. New Chapter delivers the wisdom of nature with the complexity and organic nuances of the natural herb preserved for you. In fact, the supercritical process is the gentlest way to extract these delicate plant compounds in a manner to optimally preserve their potency and stability. And when you take New Chapter's supercritical extracts, neither you, nor the environment, have to contend with chemical solvents.
- Feverfew - Used historically to approach many different kinds of pain including cramps and fevers, feverfew has also been declared the best-studied relief for headache discomfort.
- Rosemary - Used in Europe since ancient times to counter headaches, rosemary is one of nature's best researched herbs for relief from oxidative stress, a condition that can lead to occasional headaches.
- Lavender - An herb that has been known for centuries as a response to occasional stress, lavender helps promote a calm and peaceful mind.
- Ginger - Used for thousands of years for relief from headaches and other painful conditions, recent research shows that ginger possesses numerous constituents that can modulate the formation of inflammatory prostaglandins.
- Green Tea - Humankind's most popular and healthful herbal beverage; research at prestigious medical universities shows green tea and its naturally occurring caffeine content can help counter headache discomfort.
- Meadowsweet - One of the most sacred therapeutic herbs in Celtic tradition and recommended in ancient Ayurvedic medicine for pain and stomach complaints, meadowsweet is now recognized as a rich source of inflammation modulating salicylic acid.
- Wintergreen - Used traditionally by Native Americans to relieve strained muscles and promote a healthy inflammation response, wintergreen is also recognized as one of nature's richest sources of inflammation modulating salicylic acid.
- Purple Willow - Noted by the Greek physician Hippocrates as a valuable herb for pain relief, the herb is now recommended in European pharmacopoeias for its gentle inflammation modulating benefits.
- California Poppy - Used traditionally by Native Americans for its sedative properties, recent French research confirms the poppy's anti-stress effects and ability to significantly improve sleep.
New Chapter Frequently Asked Questions
What makes your whole food vitamins and minerals better than conventional supplements?
New Chapter's Probiotic Nutrients deliver vitamins and minerals in the form of probiotically cultured whole food rather than the chemical forms found in conventional vitamin and mineral supplements. Research has shown that nutrients from cultured foods are more potent, bioavailable, and safer than the synthesized or isolated forms. Probiotic Nutrients are also the only line of nutritional supplements made with at least 70% organic ingredients and certified by a third party to the USDA's National Organics Program
How does New Chapter ensure the quality, purity and potency of their products?
New Chapter's Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Regulatory Compliance team have over 47 years combined experience divided equally between New Chapter and related industry experience. From Paul Schulick, New Chapter's Founder & Chairman, down through the organization, all New Chapter Associates share in their commitment to quality. New Chapter requires that all lots of raw materials used for the manufacture of their products are tested for potency markers, heavy metal contamination and/or microbiological content. New Chapter's co-processors forward this information on a Certificate of Analysis for their approval prior to use or shipping. They randomly verify information contained on C of A's through third-party laboratory analysis. New Chapter does finished product testing on weights, potency, marker assays, micro and heavy metals. New Chapter also does expiration date testing on a random basis for the duration of declared shelf life: 18 months to 3 years.
Are New Chapter's products gluten-free?
Yes. All New Chapter products are naturally gluten-free.
Do any of your products contain dairy?
The only New Chapter product that contains dairy is Probiotic Immunity. The form of dairy in this product is probiotically cultured organic milk which is similar to yogurt or kefir.
Can I take New Chapter products if I am also taking prescription medications?
New Chapter cannot provide information about combining prescription medicines with herbal or nutritional supplements. New Chapter suggests you always advise your prescribing physician or pharmacist about the use of dietary or herbal supplements. Only he or she can determine the risk for herb-drug interactions and supervise your response to the prescribed therapy. You may also want to consider consulting a qualified expert in herbal and nutritional therapy on this matter. While herbal medicine has experienced a long history of safe use, this history has not included many of the modern pharmaceutical medications that are frequently used today. By making your health care provider aware of your supplement regimen, you are protecting yourself from any known potential interactions and allowing for any future information on this topic to come to light.
Do I need to refrigerate New Chapter's products containing live probiotics: Berry Green, Probiotic Colon, Probiotic All-Flora, Probiotic Immunity, Probiotic Anti-Aging, and Probiotic Cleanse?
NOT UNTIL AFTER THESE PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN OPENED, New Chapter's "live active culture" probiotics are designed to be shelf-stable in their growth medium and deliver the labeled potency of probiotic species for the life of the product. To maintain optimal effectiveness, they suggest refrigerating all live probiotics after opening and using them before the date on bottle.
Are all of your products organic?
Not yet! Currently, over half of New Chapter's products are either certified organic or made with at least 70% organic ingredients. As a certified organic company New Chapter is committed to the organic movement and will continue to source the finest organic ingredients whenever possible. Please refer to the product label or catalog information for the organic status of individual products.
New Chapter's Guiding Principles
Devoted to Sustainability
- To deliver the wisdom of Nature, thus relieving suffering and promoting optimal health.
- To advance the organic mission, nourishing body and soul with the healing intelligence of pure whole foods and herbal supplements.
- To nurture and sustain Mother Earth, the source of natural healing.
- To honor and reward personal growth, for enlightened teamwork depends on the vitality of every member of the New Chapter family.
New Chapter is proud of their certified organic products. And they're equally proud to work with their organic partners to further the mission of sustainable agriculture. You'll love discovering Luna Nueva, their own biodynamic farm in Costa Rica.
New Chapter is the first and only vitamin and supplement company to have at least 75% of its products Non-GMO Project Verified. They are deeply committed to maintaining a socially responsible, environmentally conscious supply chain throughout their business.
From packaging and shipping to procurement and energy use, New Chapter strives to reduce their entire carbon footprint; it comes naturally to everyone who works here.
Helping By Doing
New Chapter tries to help those in need. They support and participate in the causes that are true to their hearts.