Nelsons - H+ Care Cream - 1 oz. (30 g)
Nelsons H+ Care Cream has been uniquely formulated to help provide soothing relief from the burning, itching, pain and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids without the use of vasoconstrictors, steroids, anesthetics or parabens.
Designed to provide relief from:
- Irritated Tissue
Who Has Hemorrhoids?
More than 32 million people deal with hemorrhoids each year. Affecting equal numbers of men and women, hemorrhoids are more common after age 30, but can happen to anyone, at any age.
What Are Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids (Hem-uh-roids), also called piles, are a very common problem, and while they can be uncomfortable, they are usually not serious. Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and lower rectum. Veins can swell inside the anal canal to form internal hemorrhoids, or swell near the opening of the anus to form external hemorrhoids - you can have both types at the same time. Itching, discomfort, burning, swelling and painless bleeding during bowel movements are all common symptoms of hemorrhoids. Affecting equal numbers of men and women, hemorrhoids are more common after age 30, but can happen to anyone, at any age. About half of people over age 50 have hemorrhoid symptoms. Many women develop hemorrhoids during the last 6 months of pregnancy and immediately postpartum. Hemorrhoids may be the result of a number of issues, however straining during bowel movements, poor diet and the increased pressure on the pelvis and blood vessels during pregnancy are common causes.
What Are Vasoconstrictors?
Several hemorrhoid products include vasoconstrictors,such as phenylephrine, to decrease swelling of user's hemorrhoid. Although effective in dealing with hemorrhoids, such products' labels advise that the product not be used without first asking a physician if the user has high blood pressure. Most people are aware that certain prescription medications can raise blood pressure, or interfere with the process of high blood pressure treatment. Fewer, though, realize that over-counter medicines - common remedies like cold medicine, cough syrup, and allergy pills - can also have similar effects. Many well known and easily accessible treatments have been shown to cause negative blood pressure effects. Several medicinal ingredients, like vasoconstrictors, can cause direct alterations in blood pressure, causing blood vessels to tighten, immediately raising blood pressure.
There are a number of remedies to ease hemorrhoid discomfort. The following treatments can help relieve hemorrhoid symptoms within a few days. If your symptoms do not subside, if they worsen or if you have severe pain or bleeding, consult your physician immediately.
- Use Topical Treatments: Apply an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository containing active ingredients that alleviate pain and itching, or use pads containing witch hazel or a numbing agent. If you have high blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid disease, and/or diabetes, you should avoid treatments with vasoconstrictors as they can elevate blood pressure.
- Regularly soak in a sitz bath or a warm bath: Soaking the affected area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day can help. A sitz bath fits over the toilet, and can be found at most drugstores may also provide relief.
- Keep the area clean: Shower or preferably bathe daily to gently cleanse the skin around your anus with warm water. Soap isn’t necessary and may aggravate the problem. Gently dry the area with a hair dryer after bathing.
- Avoid using dry toilet paper: Moist towelettes or wet toilet paper without perfumes or alcohol are gentler when cleaning after a bowel movement.
- Apply cold: To relieve swelling, apply ice packs or cold compresses on your anus.
- Take oral pain relievers: Acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) can temporarily help relieve your discomfort.
Nelsons Questions & Answers
Is H+ Care Cream safe for internal use?
H+ Care Cream comes with an applicator for internal use.
Can I use H+ Care while pregnant or nursing?
As with any medicine, if you are pregnant or nursing, check with a healthcare professional before using H+ Care products.
Can I flush H+ Care wipes down the toilet?
Yes, H+ Care wipes are flushable, biodegradable and septic safe. For best results, flush only one or two wipes at a time.
How should I store H+ Care Cream?
Store H+ Care cream below 77 degrees F
How do I use an applicator?
For interectal use, remove the cover from the applicator and attach the applicator to the H+ Care Cream tube. Lubricate the applicator well and gently insert applicator into the rectum. Thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace the cover.
Can I use H+ Care products while taking prescription medication?
If you are taking medication, check with a healthcare professional before using H+ Care products.
What is a vasoconstrictor?
Any agent that causes a narrowing of an opening of a blood vessel.
Nelsons is the UK's largest manufacturer of natural healthcare products. They have been providing trusted natural medicines to the general public since 1860. Their US office was established in 1995 to meet the broadening needs of health conscious consumers and the natural products industry in the United States. Today, their brands are appreciated and sold all around the world. They are made with the same care and attention as they have always been, in accordance with the international regulatory standards of the day. Through their ever-growing range of brands, millions of people will enjoy naturally healthier and happier lives.
Nelsons use modern production methods and rigorous quality control procedures to produce natural remedies that also continue to uphold traditional values. Their commitment to quality is supported by their company ethos:
- They aim to make the highest quality natural healthcare products as widely available as possible
- They are committed to playing their part in delivering a stronger and more appropriate evidence base for the safety and efficacy of complementary medicines.
- They support informed and appropriate regulation of complementary medicines to ensure safety and public confidence.
- They are passionate advocates of an integrated approach to healthcare