Wild Friends - Almond Butter Vanilla Espresso - 16 oz. (454 g)
Wild Friends Almond Butter Vanilla Espresso is your morning cup of coffee: now in almond butter form. When they first started their company in college, they decided to try swirling their freshly roasted almond butter with espresso and pure vanilla. Ever since, this wild combination has been the perfect 'morning blend.' Enjoy!
- All natural ingredients
- Gluten Free
- Sweetened with agave
Frequently Asked Questions
Do their nut butters have to be refrigerated?
That is a great question. The answer? It's up to you! Nut butters technically do not need to be refrigerated. The reason it is often recommended is to prevent oil separation. They have a lot of customers who prefer their nut butters refrigerated, especially after they have been sent in the mail. If you live somewhere where it is hot, the nut butters can arrive thinner than you would like. Putting them in the fridge and giving them a good stir produces a thicker texture and stronger flavor. Do what feels right to you and your nut butter spreading needs.
What is the shelf life on their nut butters?
Their peanut butter is good for a year sealed on shelf. Once opened, they recommend eating within 3 months of being opened if stored on the shelf or within 6 months if kept in the fridge.
Where did their chocolate espresso peanut butter (Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed flavor) go?
They will no longer be making their Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed flavor. When they were experimenting with almond butters, they decided that the coffee flavor was even better with almonds! So for those of you who were loyal Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed fans, they encourage you to try their new Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter.
Does their nut butter have sugar in it?
They prefer to use less processed versions of sugar in their nuts butters. In their Honey Pretzel Peanut Butter, they use high quality clover honey as a sweetener, while their other four flavors are sweetened only with agave nectar. For more info on these ingredients, check out their ingredients page!
What's the most delicious way to eat their nut butters?
They're so glad you asked! They have tons of ideas. They suggest spreading it on your morning toast or bagel, stirring it into a hot bowl of oatmeal, with your fruit or celery sticks, on top of your morning pancakes/waffles, baked into brownies or cookies, as a frosting for yummy baked goods, in a smoothie, milkshake or ice cream, and their favorite…with a spoon! For recipes using their nut butters, check out their recipe page.
Are their products Dairy-Free? Vegan?
All of their products are dairy free. Besides Honey Pretzel, which has honey, all their other 5 flavors are vegan.
Are their products gluten free?
Their only flavor that contains an ingredient with gluten is their Honey Pretzel, which has bits of pretzels swirled into it! That being said, their facility is not gluten free certified, so they do not recommend consuming their nut butters if you are acutely allergic to gluten
Their wild flavors are unique and delicious, without confusing or misleading nutrition facts. They are naturally and minimally sweetened to create flavors that please the palate, while keeping a clean nutrition profile to fuel your body and mind.
Agave nectar or syrup is a natural sweetener that has a flavor similar to honey, made from the natural juices of the agave plant. Unlike cane sugar, agave has a low-glycemic index, meaning agave does not cause a sharp spike in blood sugar levels after consumption. Another benefit to using agave is that it is generally around 1.5 times sweeter than sugar, which means they can use less and still achieve optimal sweetness.
Rich in fiber, protein, healthy fats, potassium, calcium, iron and antioxidants, almonds are said to have the most nutrients out of any other nut! These perfectly sweet and savory nuts are a healthy addition to any diet, as they help to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure, improve brain function, boost energy levels, control weight and prevent cancer. What's not to love?
With flavor as rich as its history, coffee is one of the most universally known crops in the world today. Coffee beans come from the berries of coffee plants that are grown in tropical regions close to the equator. Coffee is highly prized for its distinctive characteristics such as flavor, caffeine content, acidity and body, which reflect the growing region. Coffee is not only beneficial as an energy booster, it can also provide surprisingly positive health benefits. The coffee bean is filled with anti-cancer properties and antioxidants that are thought to protect against common cancers, it can lower blood sugar, fight type 2 diabetes, and even regulate high blood pressure. They use coffee beans in their Vanilla Espresso almond butter.
About Wild Friends
- Friendly Ingredients: Their friendly ingredients are all natural, dairy free, Kosher, non-GMO, and organic whenever possible. They are constantly raising their own standards of product quality. They will never compromise quality or taste for easier production or profit. Learn more about their ingredients here!
- Be Transparent: They are committed to operating with integrity and transparency. They want you to know what you are eating and what you are feeding your family. They strive to create a product as healthy as it is delicious.
- Be Accessible: You can email, call, Facebook, Tweet, and Instagram Them. (They are also reachable by snail mail, telegraph, and carrier pigeons). They always aim to respond to your questions and concerns within 48 hours. They know that quick responses keep customers happy, and they want to sustain an open dialogue to help them grow and improve.
- Strive to be Better: They are constantly inspired by the work other companies are doing to improve their product and their customer's experience. Through watching and learning, they are able to follow suit and continually grow as a company.
- Give Back to their Community: They are eager to spread a positive impact on the world around us while growing their company. Right now that means sponsoring local events, fueling incredible athletes, and donating their product, time, and energy whenever possible. They hope to expand this culture of giving in the future.
- Enjoy the Process: They started this company with a simple goal - to share their delicious peanut butter with their friends. The core of their company remains to the same -- to make something worth sharing, and have fun along the way.
Wild Friends began by happy accident one dreary Sunday at the University of Oregon. The two of them were in their college apartment, scraping the bottom of yet another jar of peanut butter. With no more peanut butter and a surplus of celery, they were faced with a familiar conundrum. However, neither of us wanted to ride a bike out in the pouring rain to buy more.
Luckily, they had a bag of raw peanuts, a brand new food processor, and two squirrelly little minds. It didn't take long before they had created their first batch of homemade peanut butter. However, as creative chefs, they were not content with leaving their freshly made peanut butter to be just plain or crunchy. So they began adding every conceivable ingredient from their pantry. They sprinkled in cinnamon, raisins, chocolate chips, coffee, coconut...the list went on and on.
After extensive sampling, they decided their product was simply too good to keep to theirselves, so they brought a few jars over to their friends. They loved it, and encouraged us to make a website to sell their tasty creations.