PowerBar - Protein Snack Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp - 1.94 oz.
PowerBar Protein Snack Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp contains 11g of protein and 4g of fiber. The most committed athletes in the world train as hard as they can. PowerBar Protein Snack Bars can help build lean muscle and provide sustained energy. PowerBar Protein Snack Bars contain high-quality protein, and they're a good choice for use after high-intensity exercise. Made with natural flavors, they also provide a source of calcium and iron.
Use PowerBar Protein Snack Bars to help build lean muscle and push farther.
PowerBar knows you wear many hats. And to get it all done, sometimes you need a convenient snack you can just grab and keep on going. At PowerBar, they don't just stop at offering you a convenient snack. Like you, they are over-achievers. They made PowerBar Protein Snack Bars to be nutritious solutions that taste great, help curb your hunger and give you long-lasting energy so you don't just get it done but kick butt doing it. These great-tasting bars come in 5 indulgent flavors that satisfy not only your afternoon cravings but also your need to maintain an active lifestyle. With 11-12 grams of protein, 3-4 grams of fiber and 220 or fewer calories, PowerBar Protein Snack Bars let you indulge without the guilt.
Athlete Nutrition - Top Pre & Post Workout Meals & Snacks
What you eat makes a big difference in the quality of your workouts and your performance benefits. Learn what to eat, when and why, to improve your fitness.
Try to consume a meal about 2-4 hours before your workout. This meal should consist of carbs to top off your muscle reserves and some lean protein. Stay away from slow-to-digest foods such as those high in fat and fiber.
If all you have time for is a snack, try to consume a carb-based snack about an hour before you start your workout.
Try incorporating some of these meal and snack options in your nutrition plan depending on what time of day you are exercising:
- Cold or hot cereal with fruit or fruit juice and low-fat or nonfat milk
- French toast or pancakes with maple or fruit syrup plus 2 eggs
- Breakfast burrito (scrambled eggs, salsa, low-fat cheese in a flour tortilla) and fruit juice
- Toast with jam or honey and low-fat yogurt
- Bagel or English muffin with jelly and/or peanut butter, a banana, and fruit juice
Lunch or dinner
- Deli sandwich on whole wheat bread with turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, extra veggies, and mustard, and baked chips
- Bean burrito (light on the cheese and skip the sour cream); 2 soft tacos with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, and extra salsa; and Mexican rice
- 2 small hamburgers with fruit or fruit juice and a side salad
- Grilled chicken sandwich, frozen low-fat yogurt, and baked potato with low-fat sour cream or salsa
- Pasta or cheese ravioli with red sauce, French bread, steamed vegetables, pudding, and fresh or canned fruit
- A slice of thick-crust veggie pizza, low-fat gelato, and fresh or canned fruit
- Baked or grilled lean beef, chicken, turkey, or fish; steamed rice; dinner roll; cooked green beans; low-fat frozen yogurt; fruit juice
- Trail mix with dried fruit
- Fresh fruit
- Wheat or rice crackers
- Small sandwich
- PowerBar Performance Energy Bar
- PowerBar Gel Blasts Energy Chews
- PowerBar PowerGel
- PowerBar Harvest Energy
Consume carbs and proteins after exercise to help repair and rebuild muscle tissue. Make sure you are fueling your recovery effectively by consuming food within 30 minutes of when you finished and by gradually replacing the fluids and sodium you lost while sweating.
Try these recovery foods after your workouts for something fast and practical to consume:
- Bagels or pita bread with a slice of cheese or turkey
- Peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich
- Pretzels dipped in peanut butter
- Fruit smoothie
- String cheese and crackers with beef jerky
- Low-fat chocolate milk
- Bean burrito with salsa
- PowerBar Recovery Sports Drink
- PowerBar Recovery bar
- PowerBar ProteinPlus Bar 20g, 22g, 30g
- PowerBar Triple Threat Energy Bar
Nutrition Science - PowerBar C2Max Dual-Source Energy Blend
What Is It?
A 2:1 glucose to fructose blend found to deliver 20-50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone and improve endurance performance by 8%.
Which Products Have It?
PowerBar sports nutrition products featuring the muscle-fueling innovation, C2Max dual-source energy blend:
- PowerBar Performance Energy bar
- PowerGel Energy Gel
- PowerBar Energy Blasts Energy Chews
- PowerBar Performance Energy Blends
- PowerBar Perform Sports Drink Mix
How Does C2Max Deliver More Energy?
Glucose is the gold standard for fueling muscles. But glucose alone empties more slowly from the stomach than C2Max and is also absorbed across the intestine, and subsequently oxidized (burned) at rates 20-50% lower than C2Max. The C2Max dual-source energy blend of glucose and fructose can mean ~8% greater endurance performance.
Consuming a mixture of both glucose and fructose takes advantage of two separate transport systems within the intestine (SGLT1 for glucose and GLUT5 for fructose). Compared to glucose alone, approximately 20 to 50% more carbohydrate fuel is delivered from the gastro-intestinal tract to the bloodstream and delivered to working muscles when glucose and fructose are taken together in a 2:1 ratio. With C2Max, you will utilize the carrying capacity of two transport systems instead of just one as with glucose alone. When more carbohydrates are delivered, more energy makes its way to working muscles.
Typically, carb intake during exercise is recommended at the rate of about 30-60 grams per hour when exercising less than a few hours. However, when using PowerBar products with C2Max for long duration events, carb consumption can increase to up to 100 grams per hour. Some athletes can tolerate more carbs than others. Practice taking in different amounts of carbohydrates during training to find out what works for you.
Thirty years ago, PowerBar started with a vision to revolutionize sports nutrition. Paying close attention to what athletes needed to perform at their best, they created high-quality products that replenished muscles and revived the spirit at every turn. No matter the feat, you were always ready to power on and cross the finish line. But over time, the way you play has changed, so now, they've upped their game.
Today, PowerBar are leaders of the market they helped create, because at PowerBar, they know athletes. They know the thrill that comes from the play-offs and the rush you get when you conquer a challenge. From the never-ending days to the unbelievable comebacks, from the pre-game warm-ups to the post-game high-fives, PowerBar encourages every athlete to get the most out of their time and celebrate every win, no matter how small. Which is why they're dedicated to providing all athletes with great taste and the proper nutrition needed through every stage of training.
Coupled with their premium Protein and Endurance Nutrition products that help you sustain in all conditions, their Harvest Bars are created from wholesome ingredients that make the perfect snack, whether you're in-between games or off the field. Their new ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar bars deliver the high-quality protein you want without any of the added sugar you don't. And their innovations don't stop there. They're passionate about providing today's athletes with everything they need to prosper and achieve new goals, so don't be surprised if they have a few tricks up our sleeve. Their dedication to using the right, simple ingredients to satisfy your taste buds and to power your body and mind so that no matter the sport, you always feel exhilarated to take it on.
When you pause with bated breath to score the midfield goal. When you celebrate with the team after an unbelievable victory. When you and your crew make it over that last hill, PowerBar is always there to help you power on.