Food For Life - Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Pasta Fettuccine - 16 oz. (454g)
Most like their world famous Food For Life Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Pasta Fettuccine this pasta has a simple flavor and can be used in any recipe for your dish.
Frequently Asked Questions.
What is the difference between "Enriched" White Breads and Sprouted Food for Life Breads?
"Enriched" White Breads are made from the starchy "endosperm" of the wheat kernel (the inside portion), which contains few vitamins and minerals (mostly carbohydrates). The milling of grain into white flour requires the removal of the bran and the germ. During this process, important natural fiber and bran are lost (including 21 vitamins and minerals). 5 vitamins and minerals (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium and folic acid) are added back into the flour and are thus, called "enriched". By contrast, Food for Life sprouted breads are made from freshly sprouted grains, which contain all of the fiber, bran, vitamins and minerals of the original grain plus a sizeable increase in those nutrients.
How can Food for Life make bread without flour?
They start with whole, certified organically grown grains, beans and seeds, and sprout them in water. Then, they take the freshly sprouted live grains and slowly mash them, mix them into dough in small batches and slowly bake into bread.
Are Food for Life sprouted grain foods "gluten free"?
No. Food for Life breads contain naturally occurring gluten. However, their unique sprouting process activates enzymes, which naturally metabolize starch, carbohydrates and gluten protein. This may explain why so many gluten sensitive people may tolerate sprouted grains.
What does the term: "certified organically grown" mean when referring to the grains in Food for Life foods?
"Certified organically grown" assures you the grains have been grown and processed without the use of spray fertilizers, chemicals or pesticides and the land (where the grains were grown), has not been sprayed for at least 3 years (including current year's harvest). Certified organically grown grains are 3rd party verified by certifying agencies National Organic Program (NOP).
The Sprouted Grain Difference. Sprouted for Life!
Cooking classes on how to sprout and bake with your own seeds and grains are on the rise. Stories on the nutritional benefits of sprouting are popping up all over the web. And natural foods grocers are carving out more shelf space for sprouted grain and seed-based products than ever before.
Why? Because more and more people are finding out that the only way to unlock the vital benefits people expect from grains is to sprout them first. Here are some benefits you’ll get from sprouted grains:
- Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily adsorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- Increased Antioxidants – Sprouting releases more antioxidants that are naturally stored in the grains and seeds.
- Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6
In addition to all the vital benefits you’ll receive from spouted foods, they at Food for Life, craft their food to promise you even more integrity.
- They use only freshly sprouted certified organic live grains.
- Their products are kosher.
- They use absolutely no flour. Studies have shown that grinding grains into flour increases the surface area upon which enzymes in the body can work to more quickly convert starch into glucose.
- They don't use any genetically modified organisms (GMO’s)
- They don't use refined sugars. When sugar is refined and processed there are many harmful ingredients that are added to the sugar as a result. Instead, they use malted barley, a natural sweetener produced from sprouted barley, which is basically a carbohydrate comprised mostly of complex carbohydrates rather than the "sugar" carbohydrates.
- They don’t use anything artificial – no preservatives or shortenings.
- They use a unique slow-bake process to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of grains.
High Fiber. The Fiber of Life.
Every time you eat bread, you have an opportunity to improve your diet. And for many of us, choosing whole wheat bread is the easiest way to get the daily dose of fiber people's bodies need for digestion and a healthy heart. Not all fiber is created equal however, they set the bar if high fiber and nutrients are what you want.
The Food For Life High Fiber Difference
- Their first ingredient is always 100% whole grains.
- They maintain the bran and germ of the seeds, and slow bake their breads to retain the natural benefits of minerals and vitamins
- They only use certified organic whole grains
- They sprout most of their grains.
Their special combination of ingredients, and their unique baking process will help you achieve the benefits of a high fiber diet.
- Promotes better digestion
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels
- Helps control blood sugar levels
- Aids in weight loss
Yeast Free. Yeast Free-dom!
You don't have to give up spaghetti, turkey sandwiches, or any of your favorite foods bundled with carbs because you have too much yeast in your system. Helping you live a healthier, happier life without having to give up your favorite things is why they crafted a wide assortment of yeast-free breads, tortillas, pastas and cereals.
So not only can you enjoy fettuccini alfredo for dinner, but you'll also be excited to know that everything about their yeast-free products are good for you.
- They bake in small batches – to ensure only the highest quality products leave their facilities.
- They use a unique cold baking process – Their yeast free breads are made using a unique cold leavening process which works with the naturally occurring yeast in the air to slowly and naturally help the bread rise.
- Delicious taste and texture – countless hours of research and development have gone into the creation of each and every delicious yeast free product that Food For Life bakes.
- They use no artificial anything – no GMOs, no artificial flavors or preservatives, no refined sugars, and no shortenings.
Many of their yeast-free products are made with sprouted grains, which aid with lowering blood sugar, lowering cholesterol, and increasing digestion.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Certified, Safe and Tasty!
- Whether you're diabetic or looking to lose weight, it doesn't mean you need to cut the carbs you love out of your diet. It just means that you need to be able to trust that the food you buy and the companies that make them have your best interest in mind.
Food for Life specially makes an assortment of low-glycemic foods that have been awarded the Diabetic Friendly Seal by the International Government Accredited Organization, The Glycemic Research Institute. This means all our offerings can help you:
- Lower your blood sugar levels
- Reduce "highs" and "lows"
- Reduce weight
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Control Type I and II Diabetes, hypoglycemia and hypertension
- Reduce the incidence of Type II diabetes
Above and beyond the health benefits of a low-glycemic diet, and meeting the strict standards of the Seal, they take more precaution and all the extra care and steps to provide you with the best tasting and most nutritious low-glycemic products out there.
Vegan Story. Vegan Super Foods.
There are a few vegan breads, some vegan pastas, and yes, of course, there is a good selection of vegan meat alternatives out there. But, they at Food for Life, take their name seriously. They know that going vegan means you need to find a way to get fiber, iron, calcium and protein into your diet. That's why their head bakers specially crafted and combined specific seeds, beans and grains so each and every one of their vegan offerings provides you with all these hard-to-get vital nutrients.
All their vegan products provide you with every benefit you can imagine.
- Source of complete protein
- Good source of zinc
- Excellent source of fiber
- Excellent source of Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid and Niacin
- Excellent source of Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Phosphorus
And as is true with all their Food for Life Vegan Products, they only use the very best ingredients and baking methods to ensure you get the very most out of your food.
Their Story. Food for Your Life. From Their Family to Yours.
Their story probably began a little something like yours. It was 1964, and their grandfather, Max Torres, worked at a local, neighborhood natural foods store. He started to become more aware of his body and his health, and very passionate about understanding the intricacies of food. He began to study how foods, when paired with an understanding of one's own body, can truly uplift, relieve and fulfill one with strength and energy. 50 years and more than 60 products later, their mission is the same. To craft truly wholesome baked goods that specifically cater to helping health aware people who understand the needs of their bodies live life to the fullest. They take the time to sprout the grains in most all of their products to release nutrients that would otherwise remain dormant. In other cases, they use more than 18 grains and seeds from all over the world in a single loaf of bread, so you can benefit from the most nutrient rich, wholesome products out there. And developed yeast-free, gluten-free, vegan and diabetic-friendly selections that promote wellness, happiness and assure peace of mind.
From their pastas and breads, to their cereals, tortillas and english muffins they literally strive to bring you the very best food for your life.
- Their diet-specific products are certified by 3rd parties for peace of mind.
- The majority of ingredients in their products are certified organic.
- They use sprouted grains in the majority of their products .
- Their products are certified kosher.
- They don't' use any genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- They don't use anything artificial - no preservatives, shortenings or refined sugars.
- They use a unique slow-bake process to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of grains.
- Being aware and respecting what your body needs and requires is not a stigma, it's a way of living a healthier more active life - and they're here to support you on your journey.