Mineral Fusion Nail Polish Gold Rush 0.33 oz. (10 ml)
Mineral Fusion Nail Polish Gold Rush is gold with a small glitter finish. Mineral Fusion Nail Polish is a long-lasting, chip-resistant formula with a custom, extra-thick brush for flawless application. Mineral Fusion Nail Lacquer is free of formaldehyde, toluene, camphor and dibutyl phthalates. Mineral Fusion guarantees purity - these products are 100% vegan and vegetarian with no animal testing, parabens, gluten, phthalates, SLS, artificial fragrances and colors.
What are the benefits of mineral makeup over traditional makeup? What makes it different than the regular makeup I've used for years?
Mineral makeup is comprised of micronized minerals, so it actually sits on the surface of the skin and isn't absorbed into it. Therefore, mineral makeup will not clog pores or get a cakey look in lines or creases. Mineral Fusion is a better choice than traditional makeup because it is not only non-comedogenic, but the formulation are pharmaceutical-grade, free of parabens, chemical dyes and perfumes, and are created with natural preservatives, making them healthy and effective for all skin types. Minerals often used in mineral makeup include micronized Titanium Dioxide (which acts as a natural sunscreen), Iron Oxides (which give color to the makeup), Zinc Oxide (a natural sunscreen and soothes skin). Mineral Fusion does not contain talc. Talc is the #1 ingredient in many traditional makeup formulations and is used as a filler - unfortunately it can clog pores and make fine lines look worse, the longer it is on the skin. Mineral Fusion makeup lays on the surface of the skin and allows your skin to breathe and function normally. It's better to wear it than no makeup at all.
Okay, how is Mineral Fusion different than other mineral makeup?
The industry has changed and new technology is available. The new innovations bring clinically superior antioxidants and pharmaceutical grade mineral makeup together in a color palette as rich as the nature-inspired colors they are modeled after. Because this line utilizes the best technology available, they have eliminated some of the problems common with older mineral makeup technology: until now, you could wear mineral makeup that was good for your skin OR you could wear the industry's hottest colors and richest hues in traditional makeup lines. Mineral Fusion offers both, proving beautiful colors and treatment benefits work together beautifully. Modern women are conscious about their skin at a much younger age, and all women value color trends. By incorporating pharmaceutical treatment benefits and a brilliant color palette, Mineral Fusion is able to provide flawless coverage and healthy skin in a mineral cosmetic that appeals to women of all tastes and styles. Plus, Mineral Fusion pressed base is a no-mess alternative to other mineral makeup lines who offer a loose base formulation.
Is it true that mineral makeup contains a natural sun block?
Mineral makeup provides natural, broad-spectrum UV protection from nature's elements without skin irritation. In a world, that's turning to a "green" and a more natural way of living, artificial chemicals and preservatives are being left behind. Earth-based minerals are a wonderful alternative to chemical-laden cosmetics. Mineral Fusion makeup contains Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide that will provide UVA and UVB protection.
What is the difference in the pureness of minerals?
All minerals are a natural formation of the earth. The main difference between them when it comes to cosmetics is how they are processed and refined. Mineral Fusion an Italian triple mill process, making them the finest quality possible. Using minerals any finer than that (nano-particle) can clog your pores instead of staying on the surface.
Mineral makeup lines claim to be 100% pure. Are they?
Minerals in their raw form are pure. Based on the formulation (loose, pressed, liquid), other ingredients are blended with the minerals. This does not change the pureness or the benefits of the minerals; however, the different formulations allow each customer's skin condition needs to be more specifically met.
Is there a special way to apply mineral makeup?
The application of mineral makeup is different than traditional makeup. Since Mineral Fusion contains no talc (filler), you actually need less product on the brush to see more product on the skin. You can alter the coverage by using the right brush. The longer the hair is on the brush, the more coverage you will achieve. The blender brush gives a sheer medium coverage and the flawless brush gives a medium to full coverage. Mineral Fusion recommends doing multiple layers of sheer coats.
Is Mineral Fusion makeup easy to apply?
Yes! Using the "Brush and Blend" technique, it's simple to achieve the coverage and finish you want. First-time wearers commonly apply too much. Because they are used to using makeup that has large amounts of filler and not a lot of "pay-off"; they use the same techniques when applying Mineral Fusion. You can customize your needs by lightly building your layers until the desired coverage is achieved.
Are the powder bases drying?
Yes. Because this is a light-reflective cosmetic, it diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles to give a healthy glow to the skin, making it look younger, while matte makeup absorbs light and allows the eye to see "into" the skin. Spritz the hydration mist both before and after applying the base. This sets the makeup, soften fine lines and gives a dewy look.
Does Mineral Fusion makeup work on older or aging skin?
Yes. Because this is a light-reflective cosmetic, it diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles to give a healthy glow to the skin, making it look younger, while matte makeup absorbs light and allows the eye to see "into" the skin. Spritz the hydration mist both before and after applying the base. This sets the makeup, softens fine lines and gives a dewy look.
Can Mineral Fusion be used on compromised skin or skin undergoing treatments?
Yes, Mineral Fusion can be applied immediately after a microdermabrasion or a light peel. It will not only cover the redness but the titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are known anti-inflammatories, that will help to calm the skin. Application after laser resurfacing must depend on the physician's permission, which can be from 5-12 days, depending on the laser used and how deeply it was used. It is essential for healing skin to be protected from the sun. Minerals provide this as well as coverage and soothing properties.
Is the makeup safe for sensitive skin types?
It's important to know that anyone can be allergic or sensitive to anything. However, Mineral Fusion makeup does not contain the top three sensitizers, fragrance, FD&C dyes and synthetic preservatives. Individuals with extreme chemical sensitivities wear this makeup successfully.
Is it all right to use it on acne-prone skin?
Yes, Mineral Fusion makeup is completely non-comedogenic and allows the skin to breathe and function normally. It also easily covers redness common with breakouts without clogging the pores. Minerals like Zinc Oxide can even be healing to an acne condition. You can conceal and heal with Mineral Fusion.
What does "undertone" mean?
Your undertone is your skin's natural shade, which never changes. If you have a golden undertone, you will be golden for life. Tones vary from light to dark based on a person's ethnicity.
What does "surface tone" mean?
Varying color on the surface of the skin includes redness, freckles, acne, hyper pigmentation, etc.
How do I know what my undertone is?
Look at the inside area of your forearm. Do you see yellow, green, peach or pink? This is a good indicator of what your true undertone is. Or, if you hold your arm next to a white sheet of paper, you will also be able to see your skin's undertone. If compared to the white paper, your arm appears to be pink, then most likely your undertone is pink/peach. If it appears to be yellow/green, then most likely your undertone is golden/yellow/olive/deep.
- Light: if peach illuminates your complexion or pinkish-red brightens through your skin. Example: Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett.
- Medium: if you have a natural golden glow. Example: Jessica Simpson and Cameron Diaz.
- Tan: if your skin radiates a yellow/olive skin tone. Example: Halle Berry and Tyra Banks.
- Deep: if you have a deep warm tone. Example: Oprah Winfrey and Angela Bassett.
Other shade matching considerations:
- Is there a difference between the color of your face and neck? Your neck usually has a truer color, so you want to match the color of your neck as well. Determine the shade that will blend your face and neck seamlessly.
- Have you been in the sun? If yes, you can move to the next darker foundation shade or layer the bronzer to add more warmth to the skin.
Minerals On A Mission
Mineral Fusion is dedicated to making cosmetics, skin care, body care and hair care healthy and effective while contributing to the wellbeing of the community. They call this pursuit Minerals on a Mission.
- Mineral Benefits: All of these products deliver the wide-ranging benefits of minerals. Whether instantly perfecting your complexion with the ease of triple milled minerals or the revitalizing skin benefits of various minerals. They make it healthy and easy.
- Formula Purity: All of these products are free of gluten, parabens, SLS, phthalates, artificial colors and synthetic fragrances. All of these products are 100% Vegetarian and most are even 100% Vegan.
- Compassion: Mineral Fusion wants to contribute positively to social welfare through increasing awareness and compassion. Shockingly, one in four women will experience violence in her lifetime. Mineral Fusion partnered with the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence to help raise awareness of this growing problem and show these brave women that they are not alone.
Company History & Approach
Based in Denver, Mineral Fusion began as a mineral cosmetics brand in 2007. Mineral Fusion is now the leading natural cosmetic brand proudly offering cosmetics that instantly improve your complexion while nourishing the skin, all while being appropriate for even the most sensitive skin types. A range of shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, body washes and a full skin care line are their latest innovations - each delivering the uniquely beneficial power of minerals to the skin. All of the products are made in the USA and many of them are still handmade. Their approach to cosmetics and personal care has four goals:
- First, they aim to bring their customers the revitalizing and protecting benefits of minerals, such as magnesium, copper and zinc, which also provide antioxidant defense against damaging free radicals.
- Second, they aim to leave the skin in better condition than they found it. This includes providing active ingredients that heal and care for the skin and hair, as well as making the product free of gluten, parabens, talc, artificial colors, synthetic fragrances, SLS, and phthalates.
- Third, they want their products to contribute a level of social wellbeing and have officially partnered with the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence to support women in need.
- Fourth, they are committed to sustainability and utilize wind power, soy inks, packaging from recycled materials and packaging that is recyclable.
Mineral Fusion are dedicated to creating naturally effective, healthy and safe personal care products while contributing to the wellbeing of the community. They call this pursuit Minerals on a Mission.