Lundberg - Long Grain Brown Rice - 32 oz (2 LB) 907g
Lundberg Long Grain Brown Rice is California-grown and famous for its full flavor and nutrition. It is a natural whole grain rice with nothing but the husk removed, yielding a drier, fluffy product. Lundberg Long Grain Brown Rice is perfect for stuffings, pilafs, casseroles, salads and stir fry.
- Non-GMO Verified
Cultivating a Family Tradition
Over the years, the Lundberg family has produced high quality organic rice products. It's their passion and has been for over three generations. They pride themselves on growing rice that is good for you and the environment.
Lundberg has grown their rice sustainably, long before anyone used the word. Their organic farming methods conserve water resources, build soil integrity, and support a healthier ecosystem.
At Lundberg Family Farms, they specialize in organic, whole grain, and gluten-free rice products. Nothing fancy there, just lots of natural deliciousness.
Facts about Rice
- Provides fast and instant energy, stabilizes blood sugar levels and provides an essential source of vitamin B1.
- Rice is the staple food in most of the countries and it is an important cereal crop that feeds more than half of the world’s population.
- Great Energy Source: As rice is rich in carbohydrates, it acts as fuel for the body and aids in normal functioning of the brain.
- Cholesterol Free: Eating rice is extremely beneficial for health, just for the fact that it does not contain harmful fats, cholesterol or sodium. It forms an integral part of balanced diet.
- Rich in Vitamins: Rice is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like niacin, vitamin D, calcium, fiber, iron, thiamine and riboflavin.
- Resistant Starch: Rice abounds in resistant starch, which reaches the bowel in undigested form. It aids the growth of useful bacteria for normal bowel movements.
- Reduces High Blood Pressure: As rice is low in sodium, it is considered best food for those suffering from high blood pressure and hypertension.
- Cancer Prevention: Whole grain rice like brown rice is rich in insoluble fiber that can possibly protect against many types of cancers. Many scientists believe that such insoluble fibers are vital for protecting the body against cancerous cells.
- Rice Improves Diet, Reduces Disease Risk - Food Product Design Magazine, December 2010
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Lundberg assure the quality of their rice?
Lundberg Family Farms is proud of their strong grower network. They regularly review their carefully selected growers, handlers and processors to ensure food safety regulations and agricultural standards are consistently met. Their strict quality requirements, which range from kernel moisture to prepared rice appearance/flavor/texture are routinely monitored from harvest through final processing and packaging. Their organic growers and rice are certified to the USDA Organic standards. All Eco-Farmed rice meets their Eco-Farmed criteria. In addition, they verify that all of their rice is not genetically engineered, through their participation in the Non-GMO Project.
Why is Lundberg so concerned with its impact on the environment?
Having moved west after losing their topsoil to the devastating winds of the Dust Bowl, the Lundberg family has a special understanding of the importance of preserving natural resources, and of building and maintaining soil fertility. Since 1937, the Lundberg family has been growing rice while preserving the local ecology and fertile soils of Northern California’s Sacramento Valley. In an era of declining natural resources and more people to feed, we all must take responsibility for decreasing our environmental impacts.
Are all of Lundberg's products Certified Organic?
Lundberg is committed to farming methods that build soil fertility, protect wildlife habitat, and produce an outstanding rice product. While 70% of Lundberg’s products are Certified Organic, the company also offers Eco-Farmed products, which are farmed using a less toxic conventional approach that allows them to offer more budget-friendly products.
What does Eco-Farmed mean?
Eco-Farmed products utilize a combination of conventional and organic farming techniques that takes a preventive approach rather than a prescriptive one. Their strict protocol allows for a blend of organic and conventional inputs but disallows any highly toxic chemicals, rice straw burning, or continuous cropping (without resting the fields periodically). They created this system to preserve higher yields, deal with pest outbreaks, and to continue to create products for budget-conscious consumers who still demand high quality, more natural rice foods.
Is Lundberg's facility gluten-free?
Yes. All of the products produced within their facilities are gluten-free which prevent their facilities from being exposed to gluten.
"Leave the land better than you found it," Albert Lundberg used to say. In 1937, Albert and Frances moved to California from Nebraska after experiencing the devastation of the Dustbowl. The growing and processing techniques of Lundberg Family Farms have developed out of the family's experience. Albert recognized the role short-sighted farming techniques played in the Dustbowl. He became committed to working in partnership with nature by using ecological farming techniques that care for the soil, wildlife, air and water. Albert shared his respect for the land with his four sons, who in turn passed their deep-rooted beliefs about the land onto their children. Since 1937, the Lundberg family has been faithful to Albert's farming philosophy.
Lundberg Family Farms supports the consumer's right to choose foods that have not been genetically modified. This product has been produced in accordance with the best practices of the Non-GMO Project Standard.
Lundberg Family Farms is a family-owned and operated business that is committed to producing the finest quality rice and rice products for your family. Since 1937, the Lundberg family has been growing healthy, great tasting rice while respecting and sustaining the earth.
Today, the third generation carries on the family heritage by using eco-positive farming methods that produce wholesome, healthful rice, rice cakes, rice chips and risottos while improving and protecting the environment for generations to come.