Thinkbaby - Complete BPA-Free Feeding Set Orange - 1 Set (1 Cup & 3 Containers with Lids)
Thinkbaby Complete BPA-Free Feeding Set Orange is free of Bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, nitrosamines, lead, PVC, PET, Melamine and biologically harmful chemicals. The Complete BPA Free set contains Bento box, soup bowl, baby bowl, and kids cup:
- Free of Bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, nitrosamines, lead, PVC, PET, Melamine & biologically harmful chemicals.
- The Complete BPA Free set contains: Bento box, soup bowl, baby bowl, kids cup.
- Made from highly sustainable materials.
- Bento box with air tight lid. The container does not leak even with water placed inside it.
- Great for baby bags or lunch boxes.
- Baby Bowl - Low profile baby feeding bowl with lid. Designed for early feeding. The lid will be easy to locate among other clear lids commonly found in household drawers as they are color coordinated.
- Soup Bowl - High profile baby soup bowl. Perfect for soup or cereal. Also comes with color coordinated lid.
- Kids cup - Perfect first cup and comes with handle that can clip onto bag straps.
- The bento box, baby bowls, and Kids cup are made from food grade stainless steel and then wrapped in polypropylene. The interior and exterior separate for easy cleaning.
Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals
Endocrine disrupting chemicals are foreign chemicals which have the ability to mimic hormones in the body. These foreign chemicals, known as xeno compounds, have ability to bind to receptors, both on the external membrane of cells or on receptors on the nucleus. In some instances the xeno compounds block your body's natural hormones from doing their job. In other instances, they cause they cell to initiate the hormonal receptor's particular function. What troubles scientists is not only the increased rate at which cells are being triggered, but the timing, as the processes that take place in the body are highly sensitive.
Recent scientific research is changing previously held notions that the "Dose Makes the Poison". The earlier held thought was that if a little is bad, alot is much worse. Instead, laboratory studies show hormone disrupting chemicals exhibit the opposite phenomenon. Whereby, minute quantities of these chemicals cause adverse effects in laboratory animals, and large amounts can have smaller effect. Industry has completed roughly 15 studies attempting to discredit worldwide research (over 100 studies) which show alarming effects on laboratory animals. Conducting conclusive studies would require testing on pregnant mothers and infants which would be unethical. instead of waiting for more science, parents are switching to alternative products.
With a team of physicians and scientists focused on the latest chemical and biological science, Thinkbaby and Thinksport continue to lead in the usage of safe materials for consumer products. Their efforts are further energized by working to with their leading child advocacy partners and like-minded individuals who seek alternative products.
It became clear during the founder's work within a biological testing lab (non-animal) that products on the market were fraught with issues. It didn't matter if the product was made in China, the US or Switzerland, there were chemicals leaching that had the potential to cause endocrine disruption, cancer, and reproductive harm. It also became quickly clear that governmental regulation was not on the near horizon. So Thinkbaby and Thinksport set off to create alternatives. The company first identified baby bottles, as 95% of the bottles on the market were composed of Bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical that is suspected to disrupt the endocrine system. They then proceeded to target other products within the baby feeding realm and where led by parents to design a sports bottle. Thinkbaby and Thinksport approaches each product category with the same criteria. Safe. Functional. Sustainable.