Picnik - Coffee Creamer with MCT Oil - 25.36 fl. oz. (750 mL)
Finally, a creamer that is truly functional. Similar to Picniks line of signature butter coffees, their creamer is made from the highest-quality blend of grass-fed butter, MCT oil, and grass-fed whey protein. The taste is reminiscent of classic half-and-half creamer and contains zero grams of sugar. Whether you drink decaf from a pour-over, crave cold-brew, or have a morning matcha habit, their creamer effortlessly mixes into your beverage of choice, regardless of whether it’s hot or cold.
- Enjoy a Coffee Creamer with MCT Oil
- No Sugar Added
- Made from Grass-Fed Butter, and Grass-Fed Whey
What is Butter Coffee?
Butter Coffee 101 - Butter coffee is a blend of organic coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil. When combined with coffee, the ingredients work together to keep your energy levels sustained for hours, without the typical coffee crash. Butter coffee is also known to boost cognitive function, support fat burn, balance mood and hormone levels, and reduce hunger. It’s one of their favorite drinks on the planet, and they’ve dedicated their lives to sharing it with you.
In order to make the best butter coffee, it's essential to start with the highest quality ingredients. They only ever use the highest quality ingredients at their restaurant and food truck in Austin, Texas and they have the exact same quality standards for their bottled butter coffee. Here’s a quick look into the building blocks of their butter coffee, and the health benefits associated with each ingredient:
- Grass-Fed Butter - When they blend fresh, grass-fed, unsalted butter into their coffee, it makes for a creamy, luxurious, ultra-delicious cup of coffee that they just can’t get enough of. They source their grass-fed butter from New Zealand and it is the highest quality butter around.
At Picnik, they blend grass-fed butter into their coffee instead of the typical splash of cream. This is because grass-fed butter is high in omega-3 fatty acids, CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K and it’s much easier to digest than pasteurized milk. The higher fat content in grass-fed butter serves a few purposes in butter coffee. It’s delicious, let’s be real. The healthy fat found in grass-fed butter helps metabolize caffeine more slowly, which means that you won’t experience the afternoon crash associated with a more typical cup of coffee with cream and sugar. When combined with a nutrient-dense, balanced diet, healthy fats can actually help regulate your weight and decrease hunger levels! That’s right! Eating grass-fed butter can actually help you to feel satiated, and drop excess weight. Bring on the butter.
- MCT Oil - At Picnik, they use MCT oil sourced exclusively from coconuts in their butter coffee. MCT stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides. They’re a type of fat found in coconut oil that is really easy for your body to digest. MCTs don’t need to be broken down the way other fats do, instead, they’re sent straight to your liver where they get turned into fuel for your body. In your liver, MCTs are immediately converted into ketones, which are a primary fuel source for your brain and muscles.
MCTs aren’t stored as fat in your body, in fact, they help speed up your metabolism and can actually help you to lose fat! Even though MCT oil is made from coconut oil, it doesn’t taste like coconut. You actually can’t taste it at all, it blends right into your coffee without changing the flavor whatsoever.
- Organic Coffee - So everyone knows the importance of food quality, but what about coffee? The quality of your coffee will also have a direct impact on how you feel and perform throughout your day. When you drink freshly roasted organic coffee, like the coffee they brew at Picnik, you’re less likely to experience the crashes and jitters that are frequently associated with coffee. The coffee that they use is 100% organic. It’s roasted with care in small batches and it’s incredibly delicious. They wouldn’t be able to make their product great without using great coffee!
- Grass-Fed Whey - Whey protein is a naturally delicious and convenient way to increase your protein intake. They only use the highest quality grass-fed whey protein in their coffee. While typical conventional whey proteins can be loaded with a ton of extra flavors, fillers, chemicals and additives, the grass-fed whey protein they use has only one ingredient: grass-fed whey protein. They don’t mess around when it comes to harmful and unnecessary additives.
You aren’t only what you eat. You’re also what you eat, eats. That’s why they only ever use grass-fed butter and whey at Picnik. Grass-fed cows are fed a natural diet that results in a higher quality nutrient profile for their meat and dairy. Grass-fed dairy is high in vitamins and minerals and has a fatty acid profile that helps to lessen inflammation. Grass-fed dairy is also high in CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that is 100% derived from diet alone. CLA is clinically shown to help raise metabolism, aid in fat loss, improve immune function, help fight inflammation and help lower risks associated with cardiovascular disease.
5. Organic Maple Syrup - Their cappuccino has no sugar added, but when they want to add some sweetness, they reach for Organic Grade A Maple Syrup. Maple Syrup is a totally natural sweetener that is harvested from maple trees. It has a lower glycemic index than table sugar, so it has a lesser impact on blood sugar. Maple Syrup is also significantly more nutrient dense than regular table sugar. Not only is it a source of zinc, manganese, potassium and calcium, it also contains up to 24 different antioxidants! These antioxidants can help lessen inflammation which can help protect your cells and fight disease. Unlike artificial sweeteners and refined sugar, Maple Syrup is way easier to digest, which is really important when it comes to the health and healing of your digestive tract.
The Picnik Philosophy
Vibrant food is what keeps us nourished, satiated, and alive. Sadly, the world has slowly transitioned to a time where the people are hard-pressed for the time to properly prepare vibrant foods, and the food and drink we consume daily on the go is making us sick. The food system has failed us, and they believe it's time for people to shift the paradigm of 'fast food' everywhere.
At Picnik, they offer the practical, convenient setting of a restaurant and coffee shop with a focus on better ingredients that make you feel and perform your best. Their menu items and the bottled coffees they sell are convenient and made with the highest quality ingredients. They accommodate a wide spectrum of food allergies, sensitivities, and dietary requirements, so that everyone is included. They make good food that also happens to be good for you.
The Picnik Manifesto
They focus on better ingredients that make their customers feel and perform their very best. They fully embrace the yin and yang of why they eat: to nourish our bodies and to experience pure enjoyment. They believe in eliminating the foods that do not serve their customers health, integrating foods that positively impact their customers’ health, and educating their customers as to why they choose these ingredients, so they can integrate healthy food philosophies into their own lives.
The Picnik History
Their founder, Naomi Seifter, has battled chronic, food-allergy-related illness since she was a child. Her search for a solution to improve her health led her to discover the beneficial effects of an allergen-free diet. But once she’d improved her eating habits, she realized that it was nearly impossible for her to eat healthfully unless she made the food herself.
Naomi decided to create a way to provide a vibrant food experience for everyone – regardless of their food sensitivities. She wanted to take the guesswork out of safe, nutritious, readily accessible food.
She opened Picnik as a food trailer in a repurposed shipping container in Austin in 2013. The concept was simple: vibrant food that’s convenient and nutritious. Picnik began serving gluten-free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch items, butter coffee, bone broth, and juices, all with a focus on sourcing locally and using organic, high-quality ingredients.
As one of the first Paleo-friendly concepts in Austin, Picnik quickly gained a devoted following (especially for their grass-fed butter coffee!), and in 2016, they opened their first brick-and-mortar restaurant. 2017 heralds the launch of their bottled butter coffee, and there’s more to come from here!
They're Famous for Their Butter Coffee
They're such huge believers in the nutritional merits of butter coffee that they've based their entire coffee menu and product line around it. They serve kicked-up, nutritionally-dense flavor variations to mimic standard coffee shop favorites, but with better ingredients. They use unsalted, grass-fed butter to make their coffee light and creamy. This replaces the traditional splash of milk. They also include MCT oil, a supplement-strength extract of coconut oil, which tells your body to start running on fat for fuel.
They blend this combination of healthy fats to help their customers achieve stabilized elevated energy levels, fat loss, a curbed appetite, increased levels of productivity and enhanced cognitive function. They make their drinks to order and don’t use any pre-made syrups or “flavors”. Their menu reflects every single ingredient in their drinks – if it’s not listed, it’s not in your drink! They can happily customize any of their drinks to fit your dietary preference, so don't be afraid to ask for what you know will fuel you the best.