RawSkinCeuticals Baby.Ceuticals Healing Salve Shea 1 oz. (30 ml)
Raw Skin Ceuticals Baby Ceuticals Healing Shea Salve can heal minor cuts, burns, irritations, and red and inflamed skin. Healing Shea Salve is a multi-purpose soothing healing salve formulated for a variety of minor skin irritations and is safe for baby skin. Shea Butter is known for its soothing healing properties, when combined with calendula and Raw Skin Ceuticals' rich triple-infused herbs, aloe, butters and oils. Often, the results are nearly immediate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes a diaper rash, or general rashes?
Diaper rash is most commonly caused by the constant wetting and drying of the skin along with repetitive exposure to a variety of irritating substances. Once the naturally dry barrier of a baby's skin has been irritated, it becomes red, warm, rough and can lead to a variety of infections. The most common irritants are urine, stool, bacteria from urine and stool, ammonia - which is formed by baby's stool breaking down the chemicals in urine, detergents, perfumes, plastics and dyes from single use disposable diapers, pre-moistened baby wipes, soaps and reactions to creams. The term "diaper rash" describes several different kinds of skin conditions in the diaper area. Below is a list of the different types of diaper rash and what they usually look like.
- Chafing dermatitis (diaper chafing): This is the most common form of diaper rash, which can make the genital area and folds of the thighs and buttocks appear red and puffy. Diaper chafing or the baby being in a wet and dirty diaper for too much time causes this type of rash. This type of rash generally comes and goes, causing little discomfort as long as it's not complicated by a secondary infection.
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema): This type of rash shows up as red scaly patches on the legs in the groin area. This rash may turn up in other parts of the body first while spreading to the diaper area between 6 and 12 months of age. Atopic dermatitis can be caused by many things including allergens, irritants, environmental and hereditary factors.
- Candidal dermatitis (yeast infection): This type of rash is usually tender and painful, appearing in the folds of the baby's genitals, legs and the creases between the abdomen and thighs. This rash will starts as small red spots that become more numerous, and then form together as a raised bright red rash with distinct edges. The most common cause of this type of rash is a baby that is taking or has been taking antibiotics.
- Perianal dermatitis: This type of rash appears as a bright to dark redness around the anus. The stools of bottle fed babies being more alkaline than normal are sometimes the cause of it. This rash will usually not appear with breast fed babies until after solids are introduced.
- Seborrheic dermatitis (cradle cap): This rash will appear as a deep red rash that is rough, raised, and often has yellowish scales. This type of rash usually starts on the scalp as cradle cap, although it can sometimes being in the diaper region and then it spreads upward. This rash is usually caused by overactive oil glands in the skin.
Can I use the Baby.Ceuticals Cleanse on my baby's face?
Absolutely, but be careful not to get the soap directly in the eye - may cause slight irritation.
Are the Baby Ceuticals products safe for my infant?
Yes, but it is our recommendation to always do a patch test on more sensitive areas.
My baby has numerous allergies and skin sensitivities. Are your products safe for the most sensitive skin?
Yes, Baby.Ceuticals products are safe and gentle and contain immune-boosting ingredients to help encourage healthy, strong skin.
About Raw Skin Ceuticals
About Sarah, Co-Founder
Sarah suffered skin problems from the very early age (11) and like so many others used everything from OTC products to dermatologists prescribed solutions. Obviously there were periods of diminished blemishes, but she can never remember when her skin wasn't irritated by either redness caused by breakouts or red dryness as a result of the products. Makeup was the only salvation and though it covered the problems, constant coverage perpetuated the breakouts. Only in her mid-twenties did Sarah take a different approach. With the advantage of being an "at home" mom and not so much worry of day to day blemishes, Sarah was able to research natural solutions and begin experimenting. It should be understood that Sarah has always believed in home remedies and naturally healing your body; avoiding doctors and prescriptive medicines whenever possible. That said, the turn to natural and organic materials was simply philosophy crossing necessity. The original intent was something that worked for her - not a product line. Now as the experimenting and research became fruitful, the natural herbs and oils began to become more organized, and soon, actual products materialized; then an entire line. Soon others were asking to try the solutions - as they saw success a completely different plan began to materialize. Herein lies the beginning of Raw Skin Ceuticals - almost ten years from the first herb purchases to full product line.
With over ten years experience in research and development to provide real skin solutions, it is the guarantee of Raw.Ceuticals, maker of Raw Skin Solutions and Treatments, to provide tested and naturally balanced products for its customers. Believing and proving that true results are achieved by default of nutritionally balanced formulas coupled with customer loyalty is the core of their philosophy. This relationship continually allows for each line in the Raw.Ceuticals brand to go beyond natural and chemical free. These products are a concerted effort to bridge the gap between perception of the natural products industry and the reality of solution driven regimes - especially as it pertains to acne. Whether it is their full line of clean color cosmetics, skin solutions, or professional strength aging and sun protection lines, they strive to provide the cleanest, most purpose driven products on the market. They challenge themselves to use only what is necessary to be eco-efficient. To maintain ingredient integrity that makes transparency a simple extension in their philosophy.