Host Defense - Myco Botanicals Peaceful Mint Tea - 16 Tea Bags
Floral and minty describes both the flavor and scent of this mellow tea. Chamomile, Rose oil and Lavender deliver the sensual experience of both powerful aroma with subtle flavor. This tea comes through as revitalizing and cool, due to using the combination of both Peppermint and Spearmint herbs.
The Superfood Mushrooms
Reishi, known as the "Mushroom of Immortality" supports healthy adrenal function, a key to a healthy stress response. Lion's Mane promotes brain and nerve support.
Chamomile, Rose Oil and Lavender support a gentle relaxation and deliver this tea's floral aroma. Spearmint and Peppermint add a coolness and help support a calming effect without extreme drowsiness.
Plants and mushroom mycelium have worked in unison for millennia. MycoBotanicals teas take a similar approach, combining commonly understood herbal ingredients with health-supporting mushroom mycelium. The result is a tea that tastes like premium tea (not mushroom soup) while delivering the health-supporting benefits of both plants and mushroom mycelium. 16 tea bags per box.
MycoBotanicals Teas feature environmentally conscious packaging:
- Unbleached, staple-free, natural fiber tea bags
- Tea boxes from recycled material
- Printed with plant-based inks
- Manufactured with renewable power offsets
Why Take a Beneficial Mushroom for Health?
Mushrooms are a functional food. Host Defense mushroom supplements can be used everyday to help:
- Augment the body's immune system
- Support stress and fatigue reduction
- Provide support for daily environmental assaults
- Deliver enzymes to support digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Provide polysaccharides to increase the activity & impact of natural killer cells and macrophages
How It Works
Mushrooms provide a unique array of nutrients for their bodies that help keep us healthy and strong.
Mushrooms contain a wide variety of nutrients and compounds to support their natural immunity
- Memory & Focus
Mushrooms like Lion's Mane support mental clarity, focus & nervous system health.
- Full Body Support
Beyond immunity, mushrooms support a multitude of body systems for optimal health.
Only The Highest Quality
Host Defense Mushrooms are certified organic and grown on their own farm in Washington State, USA. Host Defense maintain organic growing conditions to ensure a pure, contaminant-free mushroom harvest. Host Defense's mushroom fruitbodies and mycelium are sustainably cultivated, protecting wild species and their environments. A portion of proceeds are devoted to saving rare strains of mushrooms that dwell within old growth forests. Host Defense maintain complete control over all growing and harvesting processes for their mushroom ingredients.
Bridging Science and Innovation with Nature's Wisdom
Host Defense is built on Paul Stamets' visionary research into the power and potential of mushrooms, especially mushroom mycelium, the root-like structures found growing below ground. The power of Host Defense comes from the discovery that the mycelium is the immune system of the mushroom.
Just as mycelium helps to support the immune system of humans, it also supports the health and immunity of the natural habitats where it grows. Mushroom mycelium is a cellular bridge connecting bees, trees, bears, plants and humans to the ecosystems in which they live. Host Defense's work is to build a healthier world with the power of mushrooms.
Host Defense's Global Mission
- Collaborate with doctors to help support immunity and health.
- Protect the natural environment and all its inhabitants.
- Pioneer strategies to save the honey bee using mushrooms and fungi.
- Educate communities about growing mushrooms for food.
- Develop filtration methods to clean water using mushroom mycelium.
- Aid agriculture and forest health by building soil with beneficial fungi.
- Invest in integrated mushroom technologies to break down or neutralize toxic wastes.
- Replace toxic pesticides with natural, non-toxic, non-invasive mushroom-based solutions.
- Encourage research to develop new biofuels using fungi.
About The Founders
Host Defense emerged from the fusion of skill sets from two experts: Paul Stamets and C. Dusty Yao.
Paul Stamets with Reishi Mushrooms
Paul Stamets, D.Sc (Hon.), is the founder of Host Defense Mushrooms, and has been a dedicated mycologist for over forty years.
He has written six books and pioneered countless techniques in the field of edible and functional food mushroom cultivation. Two of his books, Growing Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms and The Mushroom Cultivator have been heralded as the ‘bibles' of the mushroom industry. His latest book, Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World, has propelled his vision of using mushrooms to help save ecosystems and improve population health to the world stage.
Paul has received numerous awards and honors for his contributions to the science of health-promoting mushrooms and ecology, including:
- the highly acclaimed National Award from the North American Mycological Association (namyco.org) award for expanding the field of mycology for both amateurs and professionals. (Jan 2014)
- recognition as an "Invention Ambassador" by the American Academy for the Advancement of Science, the largest and most prestigious scientific organization in the world. This honor was in recognition of bridging scientific discovery, education and applications for societal benefit. (June 2014)
- the Gordon & Tina Wasson Award from the Mycological Society of America, for expanding the field of mycology more so than any mycologist in history (July 2015)
Paul's influence has now flowed into popular sci-fi culture with his appointment as a Starfleet Science Officer, Astromycologist Lt. Stamets (played by actor Anthony Rapp), in the new Star Trek: Discovery series.
Stamets occupies his days writing, teaching and researching. He is engaged in diverse projects with universities and non-profit groups centered on finding fungal solutions to global problems.
As Paul states, "the path to the future is the path of the mycelium."
C. Dusty Yao
Paul's expertise in mushrooms perfectly matched C. Dusty Yao's experience in preparing herbal extracts. Their shared passion for exploring the natural world, from thousands of hours of hiking through the old growth forest, and their combined ideas created the wellspring that gave birth to the Host Defense product lines that continue today.