Indigo Wild Zum Clean Granite and Countertop Cleaner Frankincense & Myrrh - 16 oz
They may never find the best solvent to clean a dirty mind, but they do have the cure for the messes - Indigo Wild Zum Clean Granite and Countertop Cleaner Frankincense & Myrr. They know that it doesn't take chemicals you can't pronounce to clean your counters, mirrors or your unmentionables. It's simple, they use natural cleaning products to clean nature's unnatural mishaps.
The facts behind their natural cleaning products:
- Zero, nada, zilch ammonia and bleach.
- No dyes or synthetic fragrance.
- No harsh-fumes, just the smell of pure essential oils.
- All-natural ingredients, no tox(icky) stuff
- No glycol ethers, aka solvents (they dont solve anything).
- Buh-bye streaks and chemicals.
- Biodegradable, so its flushable.
- Shake before using as essential oils may separate.
Wipe off the artificial cooties, wipe on the pure and natural goodies. Spray from granite countertops to kitchen tabletops with no VOCs, no ammonia, no bleach and no artificial acids (now that's a trip). Instead, we've included all-natural cleangredients like pure essential oils of eucalyptus and sweet orange that rid your counters of cooties.
All Zum Products Are:
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Indigo Wild test their products on animals?
- Vegan - Except for Zum Bars (Goat's Milk), Zum Kisses (Honey), & Zum Rub (Goat's Milk)
- Gluten Free - Except for Zum Body Lotions (Oat Bran Extract) & Oatmeal-Lavener Zum Bar (Oatmeal). Rosemary Extract is Gluten Free but Does Contain Soy.
- Harsh Chemicals Free
- Cruelty Free
They do not test their products on animals. They love to test them on themselves and their friends and family.
What kind of preservatives does Indigo Wild use?
For the products that require preservatives, they use tocopherol (vitamin e), rosemary oleoresin, and potassium sorbate.
What is the shelf life of the products?
Because Indigo Wild's products are all natural it is best to use them up. Zum Bars can last two years and they are still wonderful! The scent fades over time but it is still a great bar of soap. The lotions should probably be used within a year of the purchase date. Keep all products out of direct sunlight and heat. You can even put them in the refrigerator to extend their shelf life.
Do they have any vegan products?
All Zum Products are Vegan, Except Zum Bars (Goat's Milk), Zum Kisses (Honey), & Zum Rub (Goat's Milk).
Where did they get the name "zum"?
Zum is simply a play on the word "some". As in "This sure is "zum" bar of soap!"
There are a handful of ingredients Indigo Wild simply avoids when it comes to handmaking their products. These words are not just dirty, they're downright disgusting. Indigo Wild doesn't and will never use the following ingredients:
Animal Tallow or Sodium Tallowate, comes from rendered animal fat. Many rendering companies get their animal lard from road kill.
Cocamidopropyl Betaine is a surfactant, giving detergents their manufactured cleansing and lathering properties. It is a known irritant to skin, eyes, and lungs. Plus, it has been shown it can be carcinogenic.
Sulfates/Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
Sulfates/Sodium lauryl sulfate and its extended family are used in products as an inexpensive foaming agent. It's an eye and skin irritant, and products containing laureth chemicals have been found to contain levels of 1,4 dioxan, which the EPA has classified as a carcinogen.
Petroleum By-Products / Mineral Oil
Petroleum by-products and Mineral oil are by-products of the distillation of gasoline from oil. It coats skin like plastic, clogging pores and interfering with the skin's ability to eliminate toxins. It slows cell development and skin function. You'll find this inexpensive ingredient in a lot of baby products and lotions.
Phthalates are used in perfumes and beauty products to make fragrance last longer. It interferes with the endocrine system, which regulates your body's growth, metabolism, and sexual development and function.
Triclosan is an antibacterial, antifungal chemical used in many consumer products. Studies by the FDA show it may contribute to bacteria resistance to antibiotics and alters hormone regulations. It is registered as a pesticide with the EPA.
Parabens are chemical preservatives found in many body care products and cosmetics. They are linked to breast cancer as they have been found in breast cancer tumors and they mimic estrogen, a hormone known to aid in the development of breast cancer.
Artificial colors labeled as FD&C are believed to be cancer causing agents.
Propylene glycol, a chemical derived from natural gas that acts as a penetration enhancer. It can alter the structure of skin by allowing chemicals to penetrate your skin and increase likelihood chemicals will enter the bloodstream.
Chemical sunscreens absorb in the skin, thus also absorbing the harmful UV light and can cause skin damage, irritation, and increase risk of cancer.
DEA/TEA a chemical wetting agent and emulsifier for shampoos, lotions, and creams. They can react with ingredients in cosmetic formulas to form NDEA, a potent carcinogen. NDEA is readily absorbed through the skin and has been linked with stomach, esophagus, liver, and bladder cancers.
PEGS or PPGS
PEGs or PPGs are synthetic ingredients processed with ethylene oxide which is associated with reproductive effects, central nervous system depression and is an EPA classified carcinogen.
Tetrasodium EDTA a preservative made with carcinogens, formaldehyde, and sodium cyanide. It's a penetration enhancer so it breaks down the skin's protective barrier absorbing in the blood stream.
Diazolidinyl Urea is a preservative that acts as a formaldehyde releaser in body care products. Formaldehyde is classified as a human carcinogen by the EPA.
About Indigo Wild
Their people were born to be Indigo Wild. And - guilty as charged - every one of them is a true nature's child. They've banded together to thump and bump the rock and soul into every batch of Zum Bars, Glows, Rubs, Kisses, and more. Individually, their peeps are virtuosos who are oh-so major to helping the ingredients sing. But together, they're fusicians who ensure the holistic is always greater than the Zum of its parts.
They make Indigo Wild's stuff rock, balancing the rhythm that forms the backbone: Goat's milk, soy wax, jojoba oil, shea butter, argan oil, dragon's blood. They add stuff like meadowfoam seed oil, rosehip oil, and botanical extracts for bass vibes you can feel. Then they bring out the 100% pure essential oils to lay down a melody that hits the high notes.
Indigo Wild Trivia & Useless Facts
Passing down their pearls of... something. Yes, there's some wisdom in these pearls, too. Call this the "Did you know?" section for everything trivial about Indigo Wild. Herein lies knowledge, Indigo trivia, useless facts, and proof that a few bottles of wine are also a few bottles of inspiration. Enjoy.
Did You Know?
- "Zum" is a made up word? This was where the few bottles of inspiration came in.
- The Zum font on their labels was designed by Todd, Emily's husband, on a cocktail napkin.
- Zum Bars contain such a high percentage of essential oils they are considered therapeutic.
- Stores sellout of the F&M Zum Bar in an average of 4.5 days after receiving it.
- Betsy, Cathy & Annie's brother Joe owns an all natural dry cleaning company called Hangers.
- Tina hand-pours many of the products.
- Tina's husband John Paul is a famous harmonica player.
- Julie & Mary label all of the products.
- They stop packing & production every day so they can all eat lunch together. Aaaah, ain't that sweet.
- Some days they have as many as 16 dogs in the building.
- Zum Tub bath salts are jacuzzi-safe.
- Myrrhy is the dog featured on the Y.U.M. products & he was named after Frankincense & Myrrh.
- Shea butter is a natural sunscreen.
- Ylang ylang & patchouli are natural aphrodisiacs.
- Rosemary Mint Zum Mist is great for hangover headaches.
- Bobbi Brown has Zum Rub in her drawer? (as seen on Oprah)
- A well known plastic surgeon uses Zip's Scab Dab to help reduce scars.
- You can call Indigo Wild any time if there are more things you want to know.
- Andre, the soap cutter can also cut a rug?
Causes Indigo Wild Supports:
Indigo Wild loves dogs and hates breast cancer. Many of their own pups are rescues, and they are active in Kansas City Sheltie Rescue. They also have some badass cancer fighters in their ranks, and they're working with some great local charities to support cancer warriors.
Where The Indigo Wild Things Are
Before Indigo Wild touches your body, it touches these bodies. No worries, Indigo Wild is not showering with your soap singing "I'm Too Sexy" before they ship it off to you. They are talking handcrafted, handmade, hand-mixed, hands-on…which is all pretty dang handsome.
So take a spin with Indigo Wild's handy work. It's mixed and mashed with 100% pure essential oils, shea butter, meadowfoam seed oil, soy wax, goat's milk, botanical extracts and other jujulicious ingredients. It all helps to carry on some karma and magnify the mojo. Then it's flashed by the butt of a gnome, danced over by a shaman, kissed by a fairy and blessed by a goat.