Living Essentials 5-Hour Energy Extra Strength Berry Flavor - 2oz. (59 ml)
Ready to kick it up a notch with Living Essentials Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy? Some people, maybe you, need a lot of extra energy. You’re working two jobs, or working and going to school, or working and a single parent. Sound familiar? Then try Living Essentials Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy shots. Living Essentials Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy is the energy shot for extra busy, extra hard working people that need a big boost of extra energy. Living Essentials Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy features a beefed up energy blend and a cool new look. Living Essentials Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy contains as much caffeine as 12 ounces of premium coffee. Like original 5-Hour Energy shots, Living Essentials Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy contains zero sugar, and only four calories. Living Essentials Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy has a delicious berry flavor.
What is 5-Hour Energy?
5-Hour Energy is a 2-ounce liquid energy shot that provides hours of alertness and focus without the crash or jitters you may get from canned energy drinks. It contains a blend of B-vitamins, amino acids and essential nutrients. There is zero sugar, zero herbal stimulants and only four calories.
How much caffeine is in 5-Hour Energy?
Original 5-Hour Energy shots contain as much caffeine as a cup of premium coffee. An Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy shot contains as much caffeine as 12 ounces of coffee. If you are sensitive to caffeine try a Decaf 5-Hour Energy shot. It contains only as much caffeine as a half cup of decaffeinated coffee.
What are the best times to take 5-Hour Energy?
The simple answer is "when you are tired." Why take energy shots if you’re wide awake? Assuming that, the answer depends on your lifestyle. Here are a few ideas:
What is in 5-Hour Energy?
- Morning: Not a morning person? Let 5-Hour Energy help you get your act together. One 2-ounce energy shot will keep you going strong.
- After Lunch: Research shows that over 70 percent of us hit the wall after lunch. Let 5-Hour Energy help you get over that wall and have an alert, productive afternoon.
- Workouts: Looking for motivation to workout? Want to experience more focused workouts? Make 5-Hour Energy shots part of your healthy lifestyle.
- Sports: Get in the zone and stay there longer with 5-Hour Energy.
- Travel: Do you drive for a living? Travel on business frequently? 5-Hour Energy can help you overcome travel fatigue and keep you alert behind the wheel.
- Weekends/Vacations: Action-packed weekends and vacations require a lot of energy. Whether you are painting the house, going on a hike or playing on the beach, a 5-Hour Energy shot can give you the extra boost you need.
5-Hour Energy contains a blend of B-vitamins, amino acids and essential nutrients. It contains zero sugar, zero herbal stimulants and only four calories. The amount of caffeine varies depending on t:" ":ed coffee.
How are 5-Hour Energy shots different from canned energy drinks?
5-Hour Energy is different from canned energy drinks in several ways:
8333% Vitamin B12? 2000% Vitamin b6? Isn’t that dangerous?
- Lasts Longer: When you’re tired, 5-Hour Energy shots can help you feel bright, alert and focused for hours without the crash*.
- Works Faster: Since it’s a 2-ounce energy shot and not a 16-ounce carbonated energy drink, you can slam it down in seconds. You can feel it start working in minutes.
- Small and Portable: You can carry a 5-Hour Energy shot with you wherever you go. It fits neatly in your pocket, purse, desk, locker, car or truck cab. Best of all, you don’t have to nurse a big 16-ounce energy drink. One quick sip and 5-Hour Energy is in your system and out of your hands.
- No Refrigeration Required: Warm carbonated energy drinks don’t taste so good. But 5-Hour Energy tastes fine at room temperature.
Not at all. In fact, the levels of B12 and B6 are well within safe limits. The RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) is minimum daily amounts set by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine. This board also sets upper limits of consumption. According to the Linus Pauling Institute, “No toxic or adverse effects have been associated with large intakes of vitamin B12 from food or supplements in healthy people.” As a result, no upper intake limit has been set. Doses as high as 1,000mcg are used to safely treat pernicious anemia. 5-Hour Energy contain 500mcg of vitamin B12. Doses of vitamin B6 higher than 200mg per day over an extended period have been shown to cause side effects. The Food and Nutrition Board set a safe upper intake level of 100mg per day. However, 5-Hour Energy contains only 40mg of vitamin B6.
Has 5-Hour Energy been approved by the FDA?
The FDA categorizes products like 5-Hour Energy shots as “dietary supplements.” Government rules for supplements differ from those established for foods or synthetic medicines. All dietary supplements must comply with DSHEA (Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act) regulations for labeling, manufacturing practices, and use ingredients categorized as GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe). The FDA does not test and approve dietary supplements, as they do with medicines, because their ingredients are already established as safe.
My skin is hot and itchy. What is happening to me?
You are experiencing a niacin flush. Some people are sensitive to elevated amounts of niacin (Vitamin B3). The flushing is a result of the niacin in 5-Hour Energy increasing blood flow near the skin. It will go away in a few minutes, and you may not experience a niacin flush again. To avoid a niacin flush drink half a bottle or less and save the rest for later.
How many bottles of 5-Hour Energy can I take per day?
It is recommended that you take no more than two bottles per day. Be sure to space them several hours apart.
5-Hour Energy is gluten free. 5-Hour Energy is sugar free and safe for diabetics. However, check with your doctor before taking 5-Hour Energy if you have concerns about how it may affect you.