Operation and Maintenance:
- Do not repair or adjust the unit. Servicing must be performed by professional or qualified personnel.
- Do not operate any appliance with an aging, knotted or damaged cord or plug, the replacement must be performed by the manufacturer, service center, or qualified professional personnel.
- Stop use if there is an unusual noise or smell. Servicing should be performed by qualified personnel only.
- Humidifier should be unplugged when not in use for a long period of time.
- Do not touch the water in the main unit or the parts in the water when the unit is on.
- Never operate unit without water in the tank. Only use water in the tanks.
- Never add any additive to the water that is not produced or under the supervision of the manufacturer.
- Do not wash, adjust or move the humidifier without first unplugging the unit from its electrical outlet.
- Keep the appliance out of reach from children. Do not allow children to use the appliance without supervision.
This appliance has a polarized plus (one blade wider than the other). To reduce the risk of chock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shock hazard.
Plug unit in to a 120 volt AC electrical outlet. Turn the POWER knob clockwise to turn unit on. When the water in the tank is almost empty the red indicator light in the tank will turn on and the power will shut off to indicate to the user to refill water.
Mist Adjustment Setting
Mist adjusts from Lowest output to Highest output. To increase the mist output, turn the MIST knob clockwise. To decrease mist output, turn the MIST knob counter-clockwise.
Press the NIGHT LIGHT button to turn on the night light. The light at the bottom of the water tank will turn on, illuminating the tank.
When the humidifier is producing mist, press the OSCILLATION ON/OFF button to turn on the motorized oscillation feature. The nozzle at the top of the unit will oscillate in a 120 degree range from side to side. To target the nozzle and mist in a fixed direction, press the OSCILLATION ON/OFF button when the nozzle is at the desired position and the nozzle will stop and direct mist to the desired area only.
- Note: The oscillation feature will not operate if the humidifying function is not operating. Oscillation feature will only work when mist is being produced.
How To Fill:
Before filling unit with water, turn power off and unplug unit from outlet.
- Remove the oscillation nozzle. To remove the nozzle, turn the ring on the bottom of the nozzle to the left until the Locator icons on the head, ring and base all line up and are aligned with the UNLOCK position. Lift up to remove the nozzle and set aside.
- Raise the flip-up handle on the water tank and remove the tank from the humidifier base by lifting it up and away.
- Turn the tank upside down - remove the tank cap by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Fill the water tank with clean, cool (not cold) tap water. HoMedics recommends using distilled water if you live in a hard water area.
- Replace the tank cap by turning clockwise until tight.
- Install the tank back on the base of the unit. Make sure the tank is firmly seated.
- Place the oscillating nozzle back on the unit making sure that the locator icons on the head and ring are aligned with the locator icon on the base above the UNLOCK icon.
- Lock into place by turning the ring to the right until the locator icon is aligned with the LOCK position.
Cleaning and Care:
Before cleaning the unit, turn power off and unplug unit from the outlet.
- Tank Cleaning: Remove the oscillation nozzle. To remove the nozzle, turn the ring on the bottom of the nozzle to the left until the locator icons on the head, ring and base all line up and are aligned with the UNLOCK position. Loft up to remove the nozzle and set aside. Remove the water tank from the humidifier base by lifting it by the flip-up handle. Unscrew the tank cap; wipe the tank with a soft cloth then wash it with clean water.
- Suggestion: Clean the water tank once every two to three weeks, depending on your water conditions.
- Ultrasonic Nebulizer Cleaning: Put small amount of mild dish soap on the surface of the ultrasonic nebulizer, then pour in some water and soak for 5 minutes. Brush clean with soft bristle brush (not included) and rinse.
- Surface Cleaning: Clean the surface of the unit with a clean damp soft cloth.