Hurraw Balm LLC - Lip Balm Chocolate - 0.15 oz.
Dark, raw chocolate is a favorite treat here at Hurraw! Balm so we just had to have a real chocolate balm to soothe our cravings with Hurraw Balm LLC Lip Balm Chocolate. The real raw chocolate in the mix won't leave any color on your lips. It's not "sweet", but the creamy, "tootsie-rollish", chocolatey-ness makes this balm an anytime treat!
Why Hurraw! is unique
They hand mix and individually pour each tube of Hurraw! Balm. They truly care about the quality and integrity of their product and feel Hurraw! is the finest all natural, vegan, raw balm available... a great product to be used by everyone regardless of lifestyle or eating habits!
Sourcing honest, fair trade, organic, vegan and raw ingredients from reputable suppliers was difficult at best. They finally did it and they are thrilled to share the labors of their hard work with other balm lovin' individuals. Your purchase supports legit fair trade, organic farmers and suppliers here in the States and around the World. Thank you!
Hurraw! Balm is a Certified Vegan product! 'Vegan' means no animal products (ie: beeswax) are included in their product. They are proud to also be CCIC approved. The CCIC provides the leaping bunny logo which assures their cruelty free standards (no animals are used/harmed/tested on in any stage of the manufacture of their product, including their suppliers).
Hurraw! Balm contains certified organic, raw, cold pressed and centrifuged extracted, nut/seed oils and butters that have been processed below 118F degrees and are still chocked full of their essential nutrients and enzymes. Although more expensive, the quality of raw oils and butters is superb and you'll feel the difference!
They gently warm their oils and butters separate from their candelilla wax (which melts at 155F). They combine them at a high speed which keeps the overall temperature low and also why you might get a lucky tube with a few tiny air bubbles on top! They hand pour them into their custom made tube cooling trays (yeah, they are a lil' obsessed :) ... your lips will be stoked!
Hurraw! Balm contains certified organic ingredients, if you would like their supplier certificates, please contact them. They choose not to use the USDA Organic Seal on their product until:
- The USDA and FDA can define and legitimate the National Organic Program guidelines for the cosmetic industry and make it a viable option for small companies.
- The USDA must designate and enforce humane and sanitary methods of treatment for animals raised for food (factory farms), leather, and other commercial practices.
It's hard for them to support and promote the seal of an agency that doesn't make this a priority and they look forward to the day when it does.
Gluten Free, No GMO's, Kosher:
Hurraw! balm is Gluten Free. Their ingredients contain no GMO's and all are certified Kosher Parve.
No petroleum, parabens, preservatives, artifical flavors or colors. Did you know the shine in many lipsticks and glosses come from petroleum jelly (a bi-product of oil drilling linked to many health problems including cancer). A recent statistic showed that over the course of a decade regular users of lip products containing petroleum, can end up ingesting seven pounds of the stuff... essentially it's like drinking gasoline. Ugh.
Their Core Ingredients:
- Almond oil: Their 100% natural almond oil is pressed in California at a family-run mill from raw almond kernels.
It comes direct to them right after pressing, allowing it to be super fresh and exceptionally rich in nourishing fatty acids.
Great for your lips; almond oil moisturizes, softens, soothes, and re-conditions them superbly.
- Coconut oil: They use a raw, organic, fair trade coconut oil direct from Mexico (less travel=less pollution) that has been extracted using a centrifuged method. This method gently separates fresh coconuts and allows a pure raw oil to be obtained. The result is amazing. Coconut oil is a fabulous moisturizer, a great free radical buster and super soothing for chronic lip inflammation.
- Cacao butter: Their natural sourced, equitable trade cacao butter is pressed from the organic raw seeds of the cacao tree.
Their rich, certified raw butter comes direct to them from small farmer owned lands in Bali. It will nourish, soften, soothe and moisturize your lips. Cacao butter not only improves skin elasticity but smells oh so divine.
- Jojoba oil: Their organic jojoba oil is obtained farmer direct after being cold pressed in Arizona from simmondsia chinensis beans and is actually a "liquid wax." Jojoba oil's properties are very similar to their skin's own, allowing it to be a deeply absorbed, wonderful moisturizer for the lips.
- Olive oil: Cold pressed from a fruit and used for over 5000 years...no doubt olive oil is amazing! Their Californian grown olive oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A & E; natural squalene properties moisturize, repair and protect your lips.
- Castor oil: A natural emollient from India, their organic, cold pressed, hexane free castor oil makes an excellent protective barrier against harsh conditions. Anti-inflammatory, healing, very soothing and deeply absorbed, it will help your lips stay soft and supple.
- Candelilla wax: They use a very high quality candelilla wax that is sustainably wildcrafted from candelilla plants in Mexico.
They combine this fabulous wax with their raw / cold pressed oils and butters to provide an excellent long lasting protective shield for your lips.
- Flavors: All of the flavors they use in their balms are derived from 100% natural sources. Most come from pure essential oils, the others (Rootbeer, Chai Spice, Chocolate, Green Tea, Black Cherry) are made for them from 100% natural, organically derived flavor compounds through various processes of distillation and extraction.
They make Hurraw! Balm in small, fresh, handcrafted batches. This allows them to infuse their balms with raw seeds, pods, fruit zests, barks and roots for flavor and natural color! It's not a quick process but they think it makes a better balm! Oh, and those little black specks in the vanilla balm are real vanilla bean seeds. Yum!
Hurraw! Balm comes in an oval tube for one main reason: so it doesn't escape from the back jeans pocket like their round tubes used to...
they also really love applying Hurraw! "ovally!"
Being an environmentally conscious company is important to them. Their wholesale packs are made from 100% post-consumer paperboard and they ship in recycled and recyclable corrugated packaging. Their oval tubes are recyclable #5 plastic. They realize #5 is a tough one at times to recycle locally. Please check with your local recycling center about recycling #5 plastics and if they don't recycle #5, encourage them to do so! Did you know that almost all screw on plastic bottle caps and prescription bottles are #5 plastic? There is a huge amount of #5 circulating and a big need for it's recycling. Preserve's "Gimme 5" program is awesome and they are making it easier then ever to recycle #5.
Yes! They just launched the Sun & Moon Balms.
These are their brand new treatment balms and they are packed with tons of great ingredients for your lips!
Hurraw! Balm lives in Whitefish, Montana; a tiny ski town nestled among the amazing peaks of Glacier National Park.
They started out of pure intent; a personal obsession to create the perfect balm: all natural, vegan, made from premium raw, organic and fair trade ingredients... complete with a bunch of natural and fun flavor options! It also had to meet some tough criteria...
Super smooth, not draggy, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, never grainy, long lasting; plus, it had to hold up to being in a back jeans pocket all day without melting! It took them several obsessed years to formulate Hurraw! Balm and put it through all the rigors. They love it, use it, and hope you do too!