Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion (15 Servings)
Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion is a powerful and satisfying blend of Green SuperFoods, plant based protein, phytonutrient rich fruits & vegetables, digestive enzymes and probiotics. For a nutritional breakdown see below.
- 10 grams of complete protein, 6 grams of fiber in every serving.
- Full spectrum of Green SuperFoods – wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa & kale.
- Organic Super Fruits – Goji & Açaí berries.
- Great source of chlorophyll, antioxidants and essential fatty acids.
- 100% whole food nutrition – no fillers or isolated vitamins.
Confluence of Functional Foods:
- Hemp Protein Powder can supply any diet with a vegetarian source of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, chlorophyll and a complete, balanced gluten-free source of the essential amino acids.
- Rice Protein is an excellent source of vegan, hypo-allergenic protein that is an alternative to soy, without the animal products of whey.
- Organic Wheat Grass Powder - One of the most potent green vegetables available. Wheat grass is an excellent source of natural vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes. Wheat grass is known to be highly alkalizing and will help detoxify the body.
- Organic Kale - Kale is rich, calcium, and iron. Kale has seven times the beta-carotene of broccoli and ten times more lutein.
- Organic Barley Grass Powder - Part of the cereal grass family green barley grasses contain a multitude of enzymes. It appears that there may be thousands of active enzymes in barley grass, especially superoxide dismutase (SOD), a major detoxifying enzyme sometimes recommended in combating arthritis.
- Organic Alfalfa Powder - Roots grow very deep to absorb many minerals and nutrients from the soil. Contains eight essential amino acids, is a rich source of vitamin B12, natural fluoride and chlorophyll.
- Organic Açaí - This berry is grown in the Brazil rainforest by our friends at Sambazon. It packs more antioxidants than blueberries or pomegranates, plus an abundance of omega fats, protein and fiber.
- Organic Carrot Powder - Excellent source of vitamin A from Beta Carotene. Carrots are believed to be very beneficial for eye health.
- Organic Blueberries - Blueberries are concentrated in anthocyanins and other health promoting antioxidants, plus they add to the great taste of Amazing Meal.
- Organic Goji Berries - This healthy berry shows off its phytonutrients in bright red colors. Goji berries are one of the most nutritionally dense fruits on the planet and have been long revered in Tibet for its health promoting effects.
- Organic Maca -This amazing adaptogenic root enhances your ability to deal with stress while boosting energy, endurance and performance.
- Organic Rose Hips - Natural source of Vitamin C. Promotes good health with bioflavonoids and strong antioxidant and immunity support.
- Organic Banana - We added organic banana to Amazing Meal so it would taste like you just stepped out of a smoothie shop, only healthier. The great taste it not overmatched by its excellent source of energizing B vitamins and potassium.
- Organic Flax Seed Powder - Organic flax seeds are a great source of Omega 3's and fiber.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Green SuperFood and Wheat Grass?
Their Green SuperFood combines organic greens foods with antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables and a probiotic and enzyme blend. Click here for a complete listing. Green SuperFood provides a great way to get a full spectrum of all the major green superfoods in a delicious and slightly sweet tasting drink powder. It mixes easily with any beverage and tastes great even mixed with water. Our Wheat Grass is 100% organic whole leaf wheat grass. It's vegan and gluten free. Click here for more information. Amazing Grass wheat grass is not bitter like some other wheat grasses and has a slightly earthy flavor that many green food purists crave when mixed in water. It also mixes easily into any cold beverage and is a great way to 'green up' your favorite smoothie. Many people consume both our Green SuperFood and Wheat Grass daily; either at separate times or mixed together to get an even bigger serving of greens.
What is the difference between Berry Green SuperFood and Green SuperFood?
Essentially they are the same formula with the following exception: Our Berry Green SuperFood adds extra Acai and includes Gogi Berries. We also infuse a delicious natural berry flavor. For many people, our Berry Green SuperFood tastes delicious only mixed with water and it is quickly becoming one of our best selling products.
Are Amazing Grass products Gluten Free?
Yes, Amazing Grass products are gluten free. Our cereal grasses are harvested prior to jointing, before the grain forms and any gluten is present. We test for gluten and our products are enjoyed by people worldwide with gluten free diets including celiac disease. Please note, our Energy Bars are manufactured in a plant that processes wheat, milk, eggs, soy, peanuts and tree nuts.
What is the ORAC of our Green SuperFood?
Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities of different foods. There are many things to consider when looking at the nutritional value of a product including; vitamins, minerals, enzymes, alkalinity and of course phytochemicals. Phytochemicals can support antioxidant protection, hormonal action, stimulation of enzymes, anti-bacterial effects and interference with DNA replication. Essentially they can help protect your body from diseases and cancer mutations.
In addition to providing an abundance of whole food nutritional benefits, our Green SuperFood is also very high in antioxidants. One 8 gram serving has an ORAC score of 2900. One ounce would equate to approx 10,200.
What do Amazing Grass products do for me?
Life's daily functions, such as digestion, stress, exercise, and the consumption of processed foods, coffee or alcohol all form acid. When your body's pH is in the acidic range, it retains water to dilute the acidity and stores fat to protect the body's organs from the acidity.
Amazing Grass wheat and barley grass has a high alkalizing effect, which helps restore the balance between acidity and alkalinity in our body. Most processed foods are acidic, and when we consume too many of them, the acidity-alkalinity balance is upset. Our cells cannot effectively function if our body is out of balance. Prolonged acidity can lead to stress of our body's cells and organs and ultimately may lead to illness and disease. Cleansing and detoxifying our body will balance the acidity-alkalinity ratio resulting in rejuvenated cellular activity. After our body's pH levels are balanced, you will notice an increase in energy, stamina and less need for sleep. Consuming Amazing Grass may also lead to a decreased craving for junk food, sweets and may limit overeating.
Amazing Grass has many live enzymes that help aid in digestion and other bodily functions. In addition to the live enzymes, Amazing Grass is also high in naturally produced anti-oxidants that neutralize free radicals and protect the skins' connective tissues. There are many testimonials from wheat grass consumers that have noticed an improvement of their skin's complexion and overall appearance.
Can I take Amazing Grass products if I'm pregnant?
Absolutely! We like to answer that question by asking 'Is it good to eat kale, broccoli or spinach while you are pregnant?' Our wheat grass is also a whole-food, green leafy vegetable. It very is important to get the best nutrition possible when you are pregnant. Not only for yourself, but of course for your baby. Nearly every doctor or nutritionist will attest that eating vibrant fruits and vegetables everyday is good for your health, especially when you are pregnant. We receive great feedback from pregnant mothers who consume our products during their pregnancy. The Amazing Grass co-founders wives both took our wheat grass and green superfood daily during pregnancy. They felt great during the entire pregnancy and both are convinced the greens made a huge difference in her health as well as the health of their children.
The fiber and naturally occurring digestive enzymes really help with constipation. Wheat grass is a good source of folic acid and other naturally occurring vitamins and minerals that your body and baby need more than ever when you are pregnant. Best of all, it is a green leafy vegetable...so you are getting your quota of greens everyday.
Amazing Grass Green Food Blend
- Organic Wheat Grass - One of the most potent green vegetables available. Wheat grass is an excellent source of natural vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes. When grown properly and harvested at the ideal time, wheat grass is highly alkalizing and will help detoxify the body.
- Organic Barley Grass - Green barley leaves contain a multitude of the body's spark plugs, enzymes. Enzymes are the catalysts for the body's essential chemical reactions and are responsible for our digestive processes, for providing cellular energy, and for antioxidant effects. Considered one of the world's experts on green barely, Dr. Hagiwara, believes that there may be thousands of active enzymes in green barley, especially superoxide dismutase (SOD), a major detoxifying enzyme that helps maintain healthy joints.
- Organic Alfalfa - Roots grow very deep to absorb many minerals and nutrients from the soil. Contains eight essential amino acids, is a rich source of vitamin B12, natural fluoride and chlorophyll. Recent French studies have found that alfalfa can reduce tissue damage caused by radiation exposure. In addition, it has also shown to maintain healthy cells. Because it neutralizes acidity, it promotes healthy bladders and urinary tracts.
- Organic Spirulina - Like all edible dark green plants, is also highly alkalizing, meaning that it helps restore the acid-base balance. In other words, Spirulina helps neutralize the acidity caused by eating excess meats, starches, sugars, soft drinks and preserved foods, excess stress, excess exercise, environmental pollutants, drugs, alcohol, coffee and tobacco.
- Organic Cracked Cell Chlorella - Chlorella is the number one selling health food supplement sold in Japan. Chlorella, a unique single-celled fresh water green algae, contains high concentrations of chlorophyll, nucleic acids, amino acids, enzymes, antioxidant carotenes, and vitamins and minerals, especially zinc.
Organic Spinach - Good source of folate (folic acid) and loaded with antioxidants that combat free radical damage to the body's cells.
- Organic Broccoli - Good source of iron and folic acid. Broccoli is one of the richest sources of anti-oxidants and contains sulforaphane, which is believed to help maintain optimal health.
- Organic Acai - We feature Sambazon Organic Pure Acai. (Ah-sigh-ee) is a purple berry from the Amazon Rainforest. It contains more anti-oxidants than pomegranates and is loaded with healthy omega fats, proteins and dietary fiber. It has a rich berry-cocoa flavor that unites perfectly with our Green SuperFood. Our friends at Sambazon created a supply chain that benefits thousands of local families while protecting the Amazon rainforest through sustainable agriculture. Excellent source of vitamin A from Beta Carotene.
- Organic Maca - Organic Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a perennial that grows between 13,000 and 14,500 feet above sea level high in the Andian plateaus of Peru. It has tuberous roots that resemble it's relative the radish. It is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica, as well as B vitamins. It also contains four alkaloids proven in scientific investigation to nourish the endocrine glands, including the reproductive system of men and women.
- Organic Carrot - Excellent source of vitamin A from Beta Carotene. Carrots are believed to be very beneficial for ocular (eye) health.
- Organic Beet - High source carotenoids such as lycopene and lutein that supports optimum health. Contains betaine, which stimulates the function of liver cells and protects the liver and bile ducts.
- Raspberry - Great source of beneficial photochemicals and antioxidants, which are compounds or groups of compounds that neutralize unstable molecules in humans.
- Rose Hips - Natural source of Vitamin C. Promotes good health with bioflavonoids and strong antioxidant and immunity support.
Pineapple - Good source of digestive enzymes, vitamin C and natural source for flavoring.
- Green Tea 40% - Since ancient times, green teas have been used to boost immune function. Supports liver health and contains catechins which show a wide range of protective effects, including cardioprotective, chemoprotective, and anitmicrobial properties.
- Acerola Cherry - Nature's richest source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a premier antioxidant and important for overall health of the immune system.
Essential Fatty Acid Fiber Blend
- Organic Flax Seed Powder - Flax seeds contain a high percentage of alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which promotes weight loss. This flax is also very high in lignans, which have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-tumor properties plus, antioxidants. Flax seed contains high levels of the desirable Omega-3 oils that are also found in fish.
- Apple Pectin Fiber - Helps modulate blood glucose by slowing its absorption into the bloodstream. It also chelates toxins, such as heavy metals, in the intestinal tract. In addition, soluble fiber helps maintain normal cholesterol levels by binding the bile salts that cause the body to break down cholesterol to manufacture even more bile salts.
- Digestive Enzymes and Active Culture - Pre & Pro Biotic BlendFOS from Chicory Root - (Fructo-oligosaccharides) are naturally occurring short-chain polymers composed of simple carbohydrates (fructose and sucrose). FOS are not metabolized by the body like simple sugars are and, therefore are considered soluble fiber. They occur naturally in bananas, garlic, onions, artichokes, and a variety of other plants. Our premium FOS comes from Chicory Root. FOS are considered prebiotic, because they feed beneficial intestinal bacteria (probiotics), particularly Bifidus. FOS are low-calorie sweeteners and are only half as sweet as sucrose, while having minimal caloric value.
- Probiotics - L Acidophilus: Balanced spectrum of beneficial bacteria found in human intestinal tracts. Regular intake of beneficial probiotics can aid in maintaining healthy intestinal flora.
- Digestive Enzyme Blend - Tom Bohager explains enzymes in his book 'Enzymes: What the Experts Know' as. "A powerful blend of unique proteins that contain energy. Enzymes are the catalysts that provide organisms with the formation, breakdown and rearranging of molecules to provide organisms with the energy and materials to live and function."
- Alpha and Beta Amylase - breaks down carbohydrates, Protease - breaks down and hydrolyzes proteins, Lipase- breaks down lipids (fats) Lactase- breaks down lactose, Cellulase - breaks down cellulose.
Energizing Herb Blend
- Siberian Eleuthero Root - Offers therapeutic benefits and increased energy. Ginseng can play an important role in maintaining sound physical as well as mental health.
- Peppermint Powder - Acts as a muscle relaxant, particularly in the digestive tract and has many therapeutic benefits.
Amazing Grass Mission
To help people lead healthier more active lives by achieving their full potential through better nutrition. They strive to educate the world by spreading the word about the amazing benefits of cereal grasses. Amazing Grass will spare no resources or expense to produce nutritionally superior products with the highest quality organic cereal grasses available anywhere in the world.
Amazing Grass Vision
To enhance peoples lives by connecting health, nutrition, and the environment.
Amazing Grass Story How they got started….
Amazing Grass' Story They started this business out of their garage (actually Brandon's dining room table) in San Francisco, California in 2002. Two guys with a desire to build a grass roots business that compliments their passion for the outdoors and a healthy lifestyle. Both founders, Brandon and Todd, spent years in the "corporate grind" and realized how stress from the workday and poor eating habits adversely affected the lives of the typical American. They became convinced that phrases "I'm exhausted" and "I think I'm coming down with something" directly reflected that daily stress and inadequate diet.
Co-workers at a previous job, Todd noticed that Brandon was always drinking this "green drink" and seemed immune from the office flu and the contagious mid-afternoon yawn. It wasn't long before Brandon was supplying Todd and the rest of the office with wheat grass. After trying it for a couple weeks and picking up a book on it's incredible benefits, Todd became a true believer. As word spread, Brandon developed a long list of friends hooked on wheat grass that often called or stopped by his house to replenish their supply. The number of wheat grass believers grew so fast that Brandon's supply couldn't keep up. His freezer was getting pillaged on a daily basis. (They know this sounds like a scene from "Cops", but they swear its just wheat grass!)
With the help of a college class from Cal Poly SLO, their families and great friends (not to mention the support of their "AMAZING" and patient…OK… extremely patient wives), they started their company called "Amazing Grass". Amazing Grass' goal is to educate the world and share the amazing benefits of wheat grass that are coveted by those who are already in "the know." It is their passion to help people live healthier lives. They pledge to always listen to their customers, and work to constantly improve, create and offer "healthy" products that are also affordable. It's an amazing adventure to grow this business to reflect their dreams, passions and beliefs.
Today, Amazing Grass offers the most powerful vegetable on earth, consumable in a convenient way that aligns with their hectic lifestyles. They love hearing your stories about how their Amazing Grass products have changed your life. They also encourage their new friends to write us with their stories. The timeless phrase, "you are what you eat", sums up many of the responses. Eat Grass! Get Healthy!