Sprunk-Jansen Red Dry Skin (50 ml)
Sprunk-Jansen Red Dry Skin soothes and relieves red, dry and itchy skin. Herbalists have known how to treat skin complaints since ancient Egyptian times - over 4,000 years ago. Sprunk-Jansen Red Dry Skin is natural skin care. So, when searching for a natural skin care remedy to relieve the discomfort and distress of red, itchy, scaly skin, Sprunk-Jansen studied traditionally-used plants to re-discover an effective herbal remedy. The result is Sprunk-Jansen Red Dry Skin, a unique combination of four traditional herbs. Unlike anything else available it relieves red, dry and itchy skin in three different ways…Effective in three different ways:
- Reduces redness, warmth & swelling – black cumin, lemon, St John’s Wort
- Helps to control scaly skin – rocket, lemon, St John’s Wort
- Moisturizes, softens and reduces irritation – with black cumin, lemon
Sprunk-Jansen Red Dry Skin is a natural skin care remedy that acts in harmony with the body, so you can use it on sensitive or children’s skin.Herbs used in Sprunk-Jansen RED DRY SKIN
Putting Herbal Traditions Back On The Map
- Black Cumin Nigella sativa - Naturally calming. For centuries, traditional medicine in the Middle East and Asia has exploited Black Cumin’s anti-inflammatory properties. The herb has been used in Islamic medicine since at least the twelfth century to relieve rashes and skin complaints like eczema and psoriasis. In India it is often given in an oil called Kalonji to relieve pain, redness and swelling. These effects are accompanied by a strong anti-oxidant action that relieves irritation. It was also used extensively by Arabian riders to treat the pain and haemorrhoids that came from travelling for days on horseback. Black Cumin acts most powerfully as an astringent and anti-inflammatory, calming the immune system and shrinking the inflamed tissue. However it also interferes with pain receptors and has an anti-oxidative effect, providing immediate relief. And its antiseptic properties help protect the delicate tissue from further attack by bacteria.
- St John’s Wort Hypericum perforatum - A powerful anti-inflammatory. St John’s Wort is one of the most widely studied herbs in the Western world. It’s been used since the first century AD and grows wild across Europe, western Asia and North Africa. Associated with St John the Baptist, it’s traditionally thought to have almost magical powers of protection against disease. Native Americans used St John’s Wort widely for its antiseptic, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. In the Middle East it is widely used to treat redness and swelling, skin disease and to help wounds to heal. It reduces the body’s responses of redness and swelling by influencing its natural defence system. And it slows down the rate of skin growth which limits dry, red patches (scales).
- Lemon Citrus limonum - Antiseptic, antibacterial and soothing. Lemon is one of the most universally used medicinal foods. The extract from a special variety of lemon Citrus limonum has traditionally been used to soothe the stomach. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties are also well known and it has been used to treat infected wounds, itching and skin allergies since the 13th century. Lemon peel is rich in flavonoids which stimulate the blood cells to reduce swelling and redness. In RED DRY SKIN™ Lemon works to slow down skin growth and limit dry, flaky patches. Some parts of the fruit also have a strong anti-oxidant effect, which relieves irritation. In ANUSALVE the lemon contains different active ingredients to cumin, which complement the action of the cumin and enhance the effect of the cream. The lemon also:" ":In SPOTLESS the lemon extract works to soothe the skin, reducing redness and soreness. The flavonoids in the peel act on the immune system so that it doesn’t respond so aggressively to bacterial attack. And lemon’s antibacterial action works with the other herbs to reduce the infection that causes spots.
- Rocket Eruca sativa - Salvation for the skin. Rocket is native to Southern Europe and Central Asia where it has been grown since biblical times. It’s been widely used for centuries in Arabic medicine to treat skin disorders. The herb has cytostatic effects and is known to reduce and discourage skin thickening.
Herbal products are extracted from nature - from plants, seeds, the earth and the sea. It’s the original tradition - the medicine that people have used for thousands of years. That was, until modern medicine began its advance. Since then, many traditional remedies have been pushed aside, buried in vaults, stored in libraries, discarded or even lost to pharmaceutical medicine. So Sprunk-Jansen's vision is simple - to put herbal tradtions back on the global map where they belongs – to work alongside modern medicine in harmony with it. Sprunk-Jansen is developing a range of safe, natural products, dietary supplements and creams that can help every one of us lead a healthier life.How Herbal Traditions Work
Herbal traditions aren't in competition with orthodox medicine. The two disciplines share the same scientific basis. But because they act in different ways they complement each other. Herbs are very complex. And because herbal traditions often use the whole plant, herbal products are more complex still. Which makes it hard to understand how they work. Just as you can’t describe a rose with just a ruler, neither can herbs be understood by chemistry alone. But thousands of years of successful use, and now scientific experiments, prove that they do work and are effective treatment for a number of conditions. Like herbs, the human body is remarkably complex. It’s also extremely good at regulating factors like nutrients, waste and temperature through homeostasis. Carefully chosen herbal products help the body regain its balance. The body can search for and select just what it needs from the herb, and ignore the rest.