Carlson Labs L-Glutamine Amino Acid Powder 3000 mg - 1000 Grams
Carlson Labs L-Glutamine Amino Acid Powder is a pure free-form crystalline amino acid powder. A diet supplying 30 grams of protein provides approximately 3 grams (3000 mg) of L-Glutamine, an amino acid building block. Reasons for taking Carlson Labs L-Glutamine Amino Acid Powder:
- Supports healthy growth hormone levels (when taken on an empty stomach before exercise or bedtime),
- Boosts immune system function side-effects-free,
- Users often report more energy, less fatigue and better moods,
- Used widely as a support supplement for Crohn's Disease, irritable bowel and leaky gut syndrome, colitis, and diarrhea,
- Helps with blood sugar control,
- Pre-cursor to GABA -- healthy brain neurotransmission,
- Intestine support (particularly if you are a frequent NSAID -- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs user),
- Helps in heavy stress situations (including strenuous exercise) or recovering from injury or other trauma,
- An adjunct for those wanting to curb their alcohol, carbohydrate, prescription drugs, and/or cocaine consumption,
- Especially popular with bodybuilders, and with those who wish to perk up their physical and mental energy and,
- Is virtually side effects free and has a mild sweet taste.
Glutamine has been one of the most intensively studied nutrients in the field of nutrition in recent years. Animal studies show that glutamine is effective against catabolic stress. L-Glutamine supplementation was shown to improve organ function, survival, or both in most published studies. These studies also have supported the concept that glutamine is a critical nutrient for gut mucosa and immune cells.
Recent molecular and protein chemistry studies are beginning to define the basic mechanism involved in glutamine action in the gut, liver, and other cells and organs. Double-blind prospective clinical investigations to date suggest that glutamine-enriched diets are generally safe and effective in catabolic patients. Intravenous glutamine has been shown to increase plasma glutamine levels; exert protein anabolic effects; improve gut structure and function; and reduce important indices including infection rates and length of hospital stay in selected patient subgroups.
Glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid in the human body. In catabolic stress situations, such as after surgical operations or trauma and during sepsis, glutamine is rapidly transported to organs and to blood cells. This results in an intracellular depletion of l-glutamine in the muscles and the ensuing catabolic wasting effect. Increasing evidence suggests that glutamine is a crucial substrate for immuno-competent cells. L-Glutamine depletion decreases the proliferation of lymphocytes, possibly by arresting a critical phase of cells growth cycle side effects free.
Carlson Labs Excipients
- Binder: Holds the ingredients in a tablet together. One of three types of binders are used as required: Plant fiber known as cellulose, acacia gum from the stem of the Acacia tree or brazil wax from the leaves of a palm tree.
- Filler: Fills out the size and shape of a tablet or capsule making it practical to produce and convenient for the consumer to use. Plant cellulose (pure plant filler) is the filler of choice in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules. Soybean or safflower oil is used in soft gelatin capsules.
- Disintegrant: Expands when wet causing the tablet to break apart in the digestive tract releasing the nutrients for absorption. We prefer to use plant cellulose as a disintegrant.
- Lubricant: Prevents ingredients from clumping together and from sticking to the tablet punches or capsule filler. Common minerals, silica, and forms of vegetable oils known as vegetable stearin, magnesium stearate or stearic acid are the most often used lubricants in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules.
- Coating: Protects tablet ingredients from deterioration by moisture in the air and makes large tablets easier to swallow. For most coated tablets, a cellulose (plant fiber) film coating is used which is free of sugar and potential allergy-causing substances. Occasionally, other coating materials are used such as corn protein (zein) or an extraction from trees (pharmaceutical glaze).
- Sweeteners: Added to make the nutrients more palatable only in chewable tablets or liquids. Sweeteners found naturally in fruits such as fructose and sorbitol are chosen. More information on fructose and sorbitol can be sent to you upon request.
- Flavors and Colors: Added to improve the taste or appearance of a formulation. We use flavors and colors only when necessary and choose the natural ones.
Vitamins are organic compounds that are necessary for normal growth and maintenance of life. As we are unable to synthesize vitamins, we must rely on foods and food supplements to maintain adequate amounts in our body.
Thirteen essential vitamins have been isolated and these are divided into two categories, water-soluble and fat -soluble vitamins. The water-soluble vitamins include Vitamin C and the group of B-Vitamins. These water-soluble are not stored by the body and can be readily depleted. The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E remain in the body for longer periods of time.
Although minerals make up only a small fraction of total body weight (4-5%), they are essential for human metabolism. Minerals act as the catalysts for many biochemical reactions within the human body. They are involved in responses of the nervous system and muscles, the absorption and secretions of the body's fluids, and maintain a delicate water balance within the body. The bones and teeth of our body have high mineral contents which accounts for their hardness and rigidity. Minerals, like vitamins, must also be supplied by dietary means as we are unable to synthesize them in our body.
About Carlson Labs
Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned and operated business for over 40 years. Since no one cares more about quality than the people who put their names on it, Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality nutritional supplements.
Carlson Laboratories began with one vitamin E formula. Since then, the line has grown to become the most complete line of natural vitamin E products in the world. Carlson Laboratories product range has expanded through the years to meet the nutritional needs of their customers. Carlson's product lines now include award-winning Norwegian fish oils, a full line of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and nutritional supplements.
All Carlson Nutritional Supplements Are:
- Artificial Dye-Free
Carlson Laboratories professional sales force offers individual and personalized service including: staff training, brochures, posters, sample packets and in-store promotions to increase sales. Carlson Laboratories also sponsors radio shows, co-op advertising and free lectures.