Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite 1000 IU - 60 Softgels
Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite is an exclusive blend of 8 forms of natural-source tocopherols and tocotrienols providing the antioxidant benefits of the enitre family of Vitamin E. Research supports that the Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite natural form of Vitamin E as found in foods have beneficial properties playing roles in protecting body cells from free radical damage. Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite provides 1000 IU of Vitamin E as d-alpha tocopherol, plus the benefits of beta, delta, and gamma tocopherols and their 4 corresponding tocotrienols.
Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite are golden gelatin gems containing concentrated Natural-source Vitamin E oil, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate. Vitamin E is an essential nutrient and important antioxidant that promotes a healthy heart and cardiovascular system to help maintain your good health. Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite are twice as active as synthetic vitamin E inside our bodies. The Vitamin E is derived from soybean oil; synthetic Vitamin E is never used. With over 50 years of of scientific research, Vitamin E has gained notoriety as one of the most predominant and active antioxidant nutrients. The amounts of Vitamin E effective within clinical studies are not obtainable, even from a well-balanced diet, and that is why many people choose a Vitamin E supplement. Scientists have found Natural Vitamin E is retained in the body many times longer than Synthetic Vitamin E.
Vitamin E is essential to life. We can not survive without it! Several prominent researchers believe that to perform at its best, the human body needs more than the U.S. Daily Value (DV) of 30 IU Vitamin E daily. The average American diet supplies considerably less than this amount. Dr. Evan Shute, a Canadian physician internationally recognized for his 30 years of clinical work with Vitamin E stated, “We think that the average normal female should have 400 IU a day and the average normal male about 600 IU a day.”
Inorganic Iron can destroy Vitamin E. The Shute Institute was the first to discover and announce that inorganic iron, as ferrous sulfate, can be destructive to the Vitamin E when the two are taken together. They suggest that when inorganic iron and Vitamin E are taken, they should be separated in the stomach by an interval of 8 to 9 hours. Organic iron, however, such as that found in raisins, spinach and other iron-rich foods, can be taken at the same time as Vitamin E, with no harm to the Vitamin E. Moderate amounts of organic iron supplements, such as the “Albion process” iron amino acid chelate, can also be taken with Vitamin E. This is the only form of iron Carlson has ever used and will use with Vitamin E.
Two biologically active, preferred forms of Vitamin E are d-alpha tocopheryl acetate and d-alpha tocopheryl succinate. Acetate and Succinate are important organic molecules within our bodies and are involved in numerous biochemical reactions. For example, acetate is an important part of acetylcholine, the neural transmitter required by every nerve cell in our bodies to transmit impulses. Moreover, acetate and succinate are found in energy producing reactions in every cell. Vinegar contains acetic acid, a form of acetate. Succinate is like two acetic or acetate molecules back-to-back. Because these two forms change to alpha tocopherol during the digestive process, they are active antioxidants. All forms of Vitamin E are active antioxidants inside our bodies.
Many Vitamin E labels are misleading to the consumer. Marketed Vitamin E products labeled natural have been tested and found to contain:
- All Synthetic Vitamin E
- Part Natural Vitamin E
- All Natural Vitamin E
Carlson Natural-source Vitamin E can be used with confidence. On each Carlson Vitamin E label you will find the words: “Independently Assayed to Guarantee 100% Potency 100% Natural-Source Vitamin E”.
There are 4 tocopherols called alpha, beta, gamma, delta. Only Alpha Tocopherol is Vitamin E and has activity expressed in international units. Beta, gamma, and delta tocopherols are missing one or more methyl groups on the main structure where indicated. Naturally occurring in foods, the 4 tocotrienols are structurally identical to the 4 tocopherols except their tail contains 3 unsaturated bonds. Like the beta, gamma and delta tocopherol, they do not stay long in our body. Researchers are studying their unique properties.Natural Vitamin E can help maintain and promote healthy skin. Studies support the body’s preference for Natural Vitamin E, and Carlson All-Natural Vitamin E is derived from soybean oil, a natural food source. Research shows natural Vitamin E to have twice the biological activity of synthetic Vitamin E, and is retained within the body longer.
Carlson Labs Excipients
- Binder: Holds the ingredients in a tablet together. One of three types of binders are used as required: Plant fiber known as cellulose, acacia gum from the stem of the Acacia tree or brazil wax from the leaves of a palm tree.
- Filler: Fills out the size and shape of a tablet or capsule making it practical to produce and convenient for the consumer to use. Plant cellulose (pure plant filler) is the filler of choice in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules. Soybean or safflower oil is used in soft gelatin capsules.
- Disintegrant: Expands when wet causing the tablet to break apart in the digestive tract releasing the nutrients for absorption. We prefer to use plant cellulose as a disintegrant.
- Lubricant: Prevents ingredients from clumping together and from sticking to the tablet punches or capsule filler. Common minerals, silica, and forms of vegetable oils known as vegetable stearin, magnesium stearate or stearic acid are the most often used lubricants in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules.
- Coating: Protects tablet ingredients from deterioration by moisture in the air and makes large tablets easier to swallow. For most coated tablets, a cellulose (plant fiber) film coating is used which is free of sugar and potential allergy-causing substances. Occasionally, other coating materials are used such as corn protein (zein) or an extraction from trees (pharmaceutical glaze).
- Sweeteners: Added to make the nutrients more palatable only in chewable tablets or liquids. Sweeteners found naturally in fruits such as fructose and sorbitol are chosen. More information on fructose and sorbitol can be sent to you upon request.
- Flavors and Colors: Added to improve the taste or appearance of a formulation. We use flavors and colors only when necessary and choose the natural ones.
Vitamins are organic compounds that are necessary for normal growth and maintenance of life. As we are unable to synthesize vitamins, we must rely on foods and food supplements to maintain adequate amounts in our body.
Thirteen essential vitamins have been isolated and these are divided into two categories, water-soluble and fat -soluble vitamins. The water-soluble vitamins include Vitamin C and the group of B-Vitamins. These water-soluble are not stored by the body and can be readily depleted. The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E remain in the body for longer periods of time.
Although minerals make up only a small fraction of total body weight (4-5%), they are essential for human metabolism. Minerals act as the catalysts for many biochemical reactions within the human body. They are involved in responses of the nervous system and muscles, the absorption and secretions of the body's fluids, and maintain a delicate water balance within the body. The bones and teeth of our body have high mineral contents which accounts for their hardness and rigidity. Minerals, like vitamins, must also be supplied by dietary means as we are unable to synthesize them in our body.
About Carlson Labs
Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned and operated business for over 40 years. Since no one cares more about quality than the people who put their names on it, Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality nutritional supplements.
Carlson Laboratories began with one vitamin E formula. Since then, the line has grown to become the most complete line of natural vitamin E products in the world. Carlson Laboratories product range has expanded through the years to meet the nutritional needs of their customers. Carlson's product lines now include award-winning Norwegian fish oils, a full line of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and nutritional supplements.
All Carlson Nutritional Supplements Are:
- Artificial Dye-Free
Carlson Laboratories professional sales force offers individual and personalized service including: staff training, brochures, posters, sample packets and in-store promotions to increase sales. Carlson Laboratories also sponsors radio shows, co-op advertising and free lectures.