Carlson Labs Vitamin K2 Menatetrenone 5 mg - 60 Capsules
Each Carlson Labs Vitamin K2 capsule contains 5 mg of Menatetrenone. Carlson Labs Vitamin K2 Menatetrenon supports healthy bones and blood vessels. Carlson Labs Vitamin K2 Menatetrenon a more biologically active form of Vitamin K extracted from a fermented Japanese soy food called natto, a powerhouse of nutrients. Carlson LabsVitamin K2 is an essential cofactor for the production of proteins that bind calcium - supporting cardiovascular and bone health. Carlson Labs Vitamin K2 is more efficient than K1 because it remains in circulation longer and is active in more tissues.
- Contains No Yeast
- Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- No Sugar Added
- No Wheat
Revolutionize your Wellness with Carlson Labs Vitamin K2
Vitamin K1, also know as phylloquinone, is found in plants. Vitamin K2, called Menatetrenone is found in animals or bacteria. Compared with Vitamin K1, K2 has comparable benefits, but has higher circulation concentration in more varied areas of the body. Simply stated, it works harder and it stays at work longer, in more parts of the body than K1.
Healthy Blood Flow, Healthy Bones
Carlson Labs Vitamin K is essential for healthy bone formation and repair; it is involved in the synthesis of osteocalcin, the protein in bone tissue upon which calcium crystallizes. As Vitamin K helps build bones, it also inhibits calcification of the blood vessels. This "calcium transport" function thereby removes calcium deposits form the vessels where they aren't needed, and working in conjunction with vitamin D, increases calcium deposits in the bones, where calcium is needed most. Vitamin K also plays an important role in the intestines, helping to convert glucose into glycogen for storage in the liver.
Carlson Labs Excipients
- Binder: Holds the ingredients in a tablet together. One of three types of binders are used as required: Plant fiber known as cellulose, acacia gum from the stem of the Acacia tree or brazil wax from the leaves of a palm tree.
- Filler: Fills out the size and shape of a tablet or capsule making it practical to produce and convenient for the consumer to use. Plant cellulose (pure plant filler) is the filler of choice in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules. Soybean or safflower oil is used in soft gelatin capsules.
- Disintegrant: Expands when wet causing the tablet to break apart in the digestive tract releasing the nutrients for absorption. We prefer to use plant cellulose as a disintegrant.
- Lubricant: Prevents ingredients from clumping together and from sticking to the tablet punches or capsule filler. Common minerals, silica, and forms of vegetable oils known as vegetable stearin, magnesium stearate or stearic acid are the most often used lubricants in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules.
- Coating: Protects tablet ingredients from deterioration by moisture in the air and makes large tablets easier to swallow. For most coated tablets, a cellulose (plant fiber) film coating is used which is free of sugar and potential allergy-causing substances. Occasionally, other coating materials are used such as corn protein (zein) or an extraction from trees (pharmaceutical glaze).
- Sweeteners: Added to make the nutrients more palatable only in chewable tablets or liquids. Sweeteners found naturally in fruits such as fructose and sorbitol are chosen. More information on fructose and sorbitol can be sent to you upon request.
- Flavors and Colors: Added to improve the taste or appearance of a formulation. We use flavors and colors only when necessary and choose the natural ones.
Vitamins are organic compounds that are necessary for normal growth and maintenance of life. As we are unable to synthesize vitamins, we must rely on foods and food supplements to maintain adequate amounts in our body.
Thirteen essential vitamins have been isolated and these are divided into two categories, water-soluble and fat -soluble vitamins. The water-soluble vitamins include Vitamin C and the group of B-Vitamins. These water-soluble are not stored by the body and can be readily depleted. The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E remain in the body for longer periods of time.
Although minerals make up only a small fraction of total body weight (4-5%), they are essential for human metabolism. Minerals act as the catalysts for many biochemical reactions within the human body. They are involved in responses of the nervous system and muscles, the absorption and secretions of the body's fluids, and maintain a delicate water balance within the body. The bones and teeth of our body have high mineral contents which accounts for their hardness and rigidity. Minerals, like vitamins, must also be supplied by dietary means as we are unable to synthesize them in our body.
About Carlson Labs
Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned and operated business for over 40 years. Since no one cares more about quality than the people who put their names on it, Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality nutritional supplements.
Carlson Laboratories began with one vitamin E formula. Since then, the line has grown to become the most complete line of natural vitamin E products in the world. Carlson Laboratories product range has expanded through the years to meet the nutritional needs of their customers. Carlson's product lines now include award-winning Norwegian fish oils, a full line of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and nutritional supplements.
All Carlson Nutritional Supplements Are:
- Artificial Dye-Free
Carlson Laboratories professional sales force offers individual and personalized service including: staff training, brochures, posters, sample packets and in-store promotions to increase sales. Carlson Laboratories also sponsors radio shows, co-op advertising and free lectures.