Seventh Generation Baby Diaper Cream Fragrance Free 3 oz. (85 g)
Seventh Generation Baby Diaper Cream Fragrance Free is made with 100% plant-based ingredients to moisturize and soothe baby's skin while helping to create a natural shield against wetness. Seventh Generation Baby Diaper Cream is made with extra virgin olive oil, and is natural, gentle, and hypoallergenic.
- USDA Certified Biobased 100%
- No parabens or phthalates
- Gluten Free
What does the USDA Certified Biobased symbol on Seventh Generation's Baby Personal Care Products mean?
Seventh Generation is proud to be the first line of baby personal care products to carry the USDA Certified Biobased product label. The USDA Certified Biobased product label was designed to give consumers a way to readily identify products with verified renewable content. As you'll notice, the Biobased Product label also certifies the percentage of biobased content in each product, giving you the reassurance of knowing that the plant content of the formulas has been tested and verified by an independent third party.
Why are Seventh Generation Baby Personal Care products labeled gluten-free?
Gluten sensitivity and gluten intolerance in children are very serious matters, and Seventh Generation knows that many parents are looking for products made without wheat and gluten. Gluten intolerance is triggered by ingestion. And since babies experience the world through their mouths, Seventh Generation Baby Personal Care products do not expose your baby to gluten, either in the tub or on their skin. Seventh Generation's gluten-free claim is also important for parents of wheat allergic children because wheat allergies can be triggered by skin contact with gluten.
Why do personal care products need preservatives? Can't they be made without them?
It might surprise you to learn that, just like food, shelf-stable products like skin lotion can spoil when they're not preserved properly. Preservatives are essential in most products to prevent damage caused by microorganisms and to protect the product from inadvertent contamination by the consumer during use. Like all Seventh Generation products, the Baby Personal Care line has undergone a rigorous safety evaluation to make sure that the products can be used safely on your baby.
Why does Seventh Generation not use synthetic fragrance in any of their products?
Synthetic fragrances can often contain hundreds of ingredients, including phthalates, which are suspected endocrine disruptors. They choose to derive scents from fields, not factories, using only essential oils and botanical extracts to fragrance Seventh Generation products.
Seventh Generation is committed to becoming the world's most trusted brand of authentic, safe and environmentally-responsible products for a healthy home. For 20 years, the closely held Burlington, Vermont-based company has been at the forefront of a cultural change in consumer behavior and business ethics. One of the country's first self-declared "socially responsible" companies, Seventh Generation is a business that operates according to a new and different set of principles and values that in many ways are a marked departure from those long considered "traditional." Its business practice is focused on offering people avenues to express their idealism, passion, and commitment to causes larger than themselves and every point along its supply chain, from suppliers and partners to shareholders, customers, and their own staff.
The company derives its name from the Great Law of the Iroquois that states "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." Every time you use a Seventh Generation product, you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, keeping toxic chemicals out of the environment and making the world a safer place for this and the next seven generations.
Seventh Generation Global Imperatives
- Restore the Environment: Restore is the next reduce, reuse, recycle. Seventh Generation is working to ensure that their products have a circular lifecycle, meaning natural resources are being used and renewed at a rate that is always below their rate of depletion.
- Inspire Conscious Consumption: Seventh Generation's focus is to inspire thoughtful consideration of each purchase—from the immediate impact of the products you buy (Is it safe? Is it gentle on the earth? Does it work?), to the broader impact throughout their lifecycle.
- Create a Just and Equitable World: Seventh Generation is committed to making sure that everyone their company interacts with—from the farmers who grow their lavender to the customers who use these products—are treated fairly and with respect.
Seventh Generation Operating Principles
- Systems Thinking: As suggested by The Great Law of the Iroquois, Seventh Generation strives to act with the knowledge that their business belongs to a larger system in which everything is interconnected, and that everything they do affects everything else.
- Radical Transparency: Seventh Generation believe that the best way to ensure that they live up to their aspirations is to be completely transparent about their business and product practices. You should expect to see all of their values and principles in everything they make, say, and do. It’s really that simple.
- Influence Beyond Their Size: Seventh Generation is determined to inspire others through innovation, education, and interaction. They proudly donate 10% of their profits to support organizations that work for positive change.