Escali Arti Glass Digital Food Scale Poppin' Pink
Escali Arti Glass Digital Scale is the new standard: capable of weighing liquid and dry ingredients up to an astounding 15 lbs with an accuracy of 0.1 ounces, or 1 gram. The Arti's list of features is long and loaded with value. Its crisp and clear display, which is 50% larger than commonly found on a kitchen scale, sits between the user-friendly touch sensitive controls and results in a single smooth surface glass.
- Measures up to 15 lbs (7 kg) in 0.1 ounce (1 gram) increments
- Single, smooth glass surface makes clean-up fast and easy
- Measures both liquid (fl oz., ml) and dry ingredients (g, oz, lb + oz)
- Display Hold feature: weight holds on screen when weighing large items
- Tare Feature: subtracts a container's weight to obtain the weight of its contents
- Automatic Shut-Off feature ensures long battery life (2 Lithium batteries included)
- Auto Shut-Off time: 5 minutes
- Product Dimensions: 9" x 6.5" x 0.75" (23 cm x 16 cm x 2 cm)
What are Escali scales made out of?
Escali scales are made of high quality materials and are tested using rigid military testing methods.
Where does the name Escali come from?
Escali is the is the translated word for "scale" from the Esperanto language.
What is the warranty on Escali scales?
All Escali consumer scales come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Professional scales have a 1 year limited warranty.
Can Escali scales be calibrated?
Only certain Escali scales can be calibrated, please see specific product specifications for more details. Most other Escali scales do not need to be calibrated, accuracy is guaranteed out of the box.
My scale's display reads "Unst", what does this mean?
Your scale is in an unstable environment. Please make sure your scale is on a stable horizontal surface, free of vibration.
My scale's display reads "Out2", what does this mean?
Out2 is displayed when too much force (ie overload) has affected, and potentially damaged the loadcell.
My scale's display reads "EEEE", what does this mean?
Too much load has been placed on the platform. Please immediately remove the item to avoid damage to the loadcell.
Where are your scales made?
Escali scales are develeoped in Minneapolis USA. Production takes place according to rigid Escali standards in their factories in the Far East.
Are Escali scales legal for Trade?
No, Escali scales are not legal for trade. Depending on your country or state, Escali scales may not be used in a retail environment where the price of the goods being sold is based on weight.
What sizes are available for Escali Scales?
Escali scales are available in a wide range of sizes and capacities. Please see specific product specifications for more details.
How do I switch my scale from Metric to a US unit of measure?
All Escali scales are capable of measuring in both Metric as well as Imperial Unit of Measures. Depending on the product your scale might either have a unit switch on the bottom of the scale or a unit button on the front to switch the unit measure.
- A/C Power Adapter - an optional accessory available on some Escali scales which allows you to plug your scale into the wall.
- Add & Weight - Also known as Tare, a scale feature that lets you subtract your last weighing measurement from your new weighing measurement. When using the Tare feature you reset your scale to zero. This function, for example, lets you work with a container, and weight each item in the container separately.
- Athlete Mode - a setting found on some of the Health Monitor Scales. This setting increases the accuracy for individuals who exercise at least 10 hours per week and have been doing so for the previous 6 months.
- Backlit/Back light - an extra light source emitted from behind a scale's LCD display to make visual identification of measurements easier in low light situations.
- BIA - short for Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis. In this technique, a safe, low-level electrical signal is passed through the body. The scale measures the speed of the current which is affected by water, muscle, bone, and fat. Using this data, the scale estimates the percentage of body fat, water and/or muscle mass.
- BMI - short for Body Mass Index. BMI is a measure derived of calculated weight and a person's height. BMI (body mass index) = weight (kg) divided by height-squared.
- Body Fat Percentage - the percentage of your total body weight that is fatty tissue.
- Body-Water Percentage (a.k.a. hydration) - The percentage of your total body weight that is water weight.
- Capacity - The maximum weight a scale can accurately measure.
- Counting Feature - a feature used to count large quantities of small objects by weighing a small sample set of objects to find and average weight per object. A large quantity of those objects are then added to the scale and the scale will count the total number of objects by dividing the average weight of one object into the total weight of all the objects combined.
- Dial - in reference to mechanical scales; the dial is the round part of the scale that displays the weight measurement as indicated by a moving needle.
- Graduation - the smallest unit of measurement available to given scale
- Instant-on Feature - a scale will automatically turn on when weight is applied to its weighing surface.
- Hold - feature on the scale that will capture the weight of the item or person, and will display the information after the item or person is taken off the scale.
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) - the type of display used on all of Escali's digital scales.
- Legal For Trade - a Legal for Trade scale can be used in the trade where the price of the goods being sold depends on the weight of the goods. Each country and state might have their own legal requirements for such a scale. Please consult your local department of Measurement.
- Liquid Measuring - this feature will calculate volume based on liquid density of 1.0.
- Lithium Battery - a disposable battery made of lithium (metal) compounds. Currently, they are one of the most efficient batteries widely available in the consumer market.
- Loadcell - the loadcell is the heart of the scale, commonly attached underneath the weighing platform. The loadcell flexes with the weight being applied to the platform, and will (simply said) inform the circuit type of display used on all of Escali's digital scales.
- Muscle Mass Percentage - the percentage of your total body weight that is a lean muscle mass.
- NSF Mark - a certification given to products by NSF International, a not for profit public health and safety organization.
- Nutritional Scale - A special digital scale that calculates nutritional information of food placed on it by entering corresponding food codes. Those food codes help the scale identify what food is being weighed and pre-programmed dietary values associated with each code (provided by the USDA) are combined with the weight measurement to estimate nutritional values.
- Over-load - placing weight on a scale which is above its listed capacity.
- Tare - also known as Add & Weight. A scale feature that lets you subtract your last weighing measurement from your new weighing measurement.
- Track & Target - the Escali Track & Target scale allows a user to set a goal weight, either above or below their current weight, and track their progress towards achieving that goal weight. Current weight, goal weight, difference from goal weight and difference from last weigh-in are all displayed on the extra large display for easy comparison.
- Unit of Measure - any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement. Commonly used Units of Measure are Pounds, Ounces, Grams and Kilograms.
- Volume - an amount of 3-dimensional space. Commonly used volume measurements are Fluid Ounces, Milliliters, Cups or Tablespoons.
Measuring What's Next
Escali innovations in quality, accuracy, value and style are shaping the future of digital scales in home and professional settings.
Synthesizing contemporary design with unmatched accuracy, Escali scales are sold around the globe. Offering a wide range of distinctive digital scales, the product line is widely recognized for precision measurement, useful features, smart styling and exceptional value. All models are multifunctional and provide information in a choice of standard or metric formats.
Featured in both the national and international press, Escali's distinguished product development and technical team, led by industry expert Theo Prins, combines years of category experience with unparalleled commitment to new product innovation.
Escali scales are tested by rigid military measurement standards - a process that contributes to an exceptionally low return rate. Likewise, the professional line includes NSF-approved models. Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Escali Products tip the scales in the customer's favor.