Honeybee Gardens PowderColors Stackable Mineral Color Eye Shadow Angelic - 0.07 oz.
All mineral make-up is not created equal. Sure, mineral make-up is fun, easy to use, and allows you create stunning looks ranging from natural to glamorous, but what makes Honeybee Gardens PowderColors Stackable Mineral Color Eye Shadows different? Honeybee Gardens PowderColors Stackable Mineral Color Eye Shadow is a blend of pure, uncoated mineral pigments and oxidized mica, free from unnecessary fillers and preservatives. The popular department store brands of mineral makeup contain talc and bismuth oxychloride - cheap fillers that can wreak havoc on your skin. Bismuth oxychloride is a synthetically-produced metal that can get into pores and cause irritation.
- PowderColors is totally vegan! It does not contain dyes, lakes, carmine, FD&C colors, fragrance, talc, bismuth oxychloride, parabens, petroleum derivatives or dimethicone.
- Portability: Decide what colors you want to wear for the day, twist the little pots together and all your color is in one convenient place. What could be easier? No more fumbling around your handbag for your shadow, eye liner, blush...
- Price: Why do all these other companies make their products so expensive?? At Honeybee Gardens, they believe natural, healthy body care and cosmetics should be affordable. They're not rich and they want good products. Solution: Make them themselves and share the love with the world!
- Honeybee Gardens has something for everyone. Honeybee Gardens shades range from ultra-mattes to shimmery and sparkly. From very neutral beige Chai to check-me-out turquoise Castaway.
- Versatility: These beautiful loose powders can be used as eyeshadows, eyeliners, blushes, and even mixed with Honeybee Gardens Clear WaterColors Nail Enamel to create custom polish colors!
Eye Shadow: Dip Honeybee Gardens shadow brush into the desired color, tap off excess and apply to eye lids. Choose a lighter color like Flirtatious or Chai to highlight the area just beneath the brow. Then add a medium shade like Gypsy to the lid and highlight the crease with a deeper shade such as Spellbound.
Eye Liner: Dip a fine brush into water, shake off excess and then dip the wetted brush into the color of your choice. Deep colors like Passage to India work best. Mix the powder and water on the back of your hand or the jar's lid to create a creamy liquid liner. Apply near the lash line of either the upper or lower lid (or both).
Lip Color: Dip your brush into a clear lip gloss, and then into the PowderColors of your choice. Mix the powder and gloss together in a separate container to create a custom gloss color. Add more powder to deepen the color. Apply to lips.
Nail Polish: What could be cooler than creating your own custom nail polish color? Dip Honeybee Gardens Clear WaterColors Nail Enamel brush into the color of your choice and apply directly to the nail. Brush over the nail a few times to smooth out and disperse the pigment. Be sure to clean the brush between dippings so as not to color your bottle of clear polish (so you can use another color next time!) Finish with a top coat of Clear to seal in color.
Flirtatious - very light matte pink
Angelic - sparkly iridescent pink with hints of lavender
Princess - very pale matte lavender
Moondust - super sparkly pale lavender with silver undertones
Spellbound - medium matte plum lavender with both pink and blue undertones
Gypsy - frosty sparkly medium champagne plum
Temptress - sparkly deep plum with an aged bronze glow
Wicked - an intense steel grey with flashes of marine blue; very sexy!
Chai - matte pale very creamy coffee
Sedona - true shimmery bright copper
Passage to India - deep shimmery chocolate brown
Satin Sheets - the palest of sparkly peaches with gold highlights
Sunset Strip - light to medium sparkly peach with pink highlights
Cloud Nine - pale silvery blue shimmer
Castaway - bright shimmery turquoise blue
Celtic - pale antique green shimmer
Martini - medium to deep shimmery khaki olive
Tips from Honeybee Gardens:
Here are some general rules for how long to keep cosmetic items after they have been opened for the first time:
- Mascara: Toss your mascara after 3 months. Mascara has the shortest life span of all make up because the risk of transferring bacteria back and forth from your eye into the mascara tube is so great. If your mascara starts to dry out before its 90 days is up, throw it away. Don't add water or saliva to your mascara to rewet it. Doing so will only increase your chances of getting an eye infection.
- Eye pencils: Eye pencils can be kept up to 2 years. To make sure you're using a clean tip, and sharpen before each application.
- Eye shadows: Keep your applicators clean, and your powder shadows will keep 2 years. If you've had an eye infection, you'll need to throw out all of the eye make-up and applicators you used from the time you developed symptoms. The virus or bacteria that caused the infection has probably taken up residence in your make up, so using those cosmetics again could cause you to develop another infection.
- Lipsticks: You can stow your tube lipsticks and your lip pencils for 2 years. As with eye pencils, sharpen your lip pencils before each use. If your lipstick starts to smell 'off', toss it.
- Blushes and powders: Discard your powder blushes and face powders after 2 years.
Think of your make up a bit like you do your food. If it smells weird, develops a film, or has a mold-green tint to it, it's gone bad and needs to be tossed out. Using clean brushes and sponges will help lengthen the life of your cosmetics. Be sure and wash or replace your applicators frequently.
A Bit Of History
Honeybee Gardens was created in 1995 by author and herbalist Melissa J. Hertzler. Years of herbal study prompted Ms. Hertzler to create natural personal care products for her and her family. What began as kitchen cosmetics soon turned into a profitable enterprise. Honeybee Gardens products are now distributed in the US by such companies as Frontier Natural Products Co-op, Lotus Light, Mountain Peoples Warehouse, All Natural Distributors and Select Nutrition/UNFI. You will find Honeybee Gardens products in health food stores, pharmacies, on-line stores, herb shops, specialty and gift stores.
Natural is Better
Honeybee Gardens products are created entirely of natural materials. You can actually pronounce our ingredients! They reuse and recycle as much as possible and, perhaps most importantly, DO NOT test ANY of our products on animals (those are strict orders from our dachshund 'Ginger', ten pussycats, 'Pekoe' the lovebird, 'Tortuga' the turtle and 'Dim Sum' the Chinese hamster)!
They take great pride in providing customers with the finest herbal products and customer service. They sincerely welcome comments and opinions, and are available to help with any questions. So try their all-natural herbal body care products and experience nature's supremacy.
Honeybee Gardens Mission
Since 1995, Honeybee Gardens, Inc. has operated under one simple concept, "Create pure, all-natural bath and body care products made from only the finest organic ingredients, offer them at a reasonable price, and treat every customer like a friend." Along the way, they've managed to do some things they're very proud of. For starters, under no circumstances do they do animal testing, their packaging is made from 100% recyclable materials, and their raw material suppliers practice responsible harvesting.
But Honeybee Gardens, Inc. also takes pride in the communities in which they operate. They contract with a retail order fulfillment center that provides jobs to the physically challenged. One of their contract packagers provides jobs to mentally challenged individuals. Honeybee Garden's soap company in Western Pennsylvania provides sample and production overruns to area charities and shelters for abused women and children, as well as the homeless. Profits on sales from their new "Cherokee" lipstick color go to support Native American festivals and charities. And since Honeybee Gardens, Inc. contracts with manufacturing facilities across the entire US, their growth (roughly 300% annually for the past three years) helps provide jobs and supports local economies nationwide.
Honeybee Gardens is not your typical cosmetics company. They don't make products that follow the hottest new trends. They don't make false advertising claims or try to convince customers that their products can perform miracles. All they do is make really good products made from really good ingredients that really work. That's it. They try to satisfy the real needs of real people. Oh yeah, they have really great customer service too.
Honeybee Gardens stands by their products. They use natural, wholesome ingredients, and want their customers to be satisfied with what they purchase from Honeybee Gardens.
People can be allergic to anything. Honeybee Gardens recommends that you patch test your skin the first time you use any products. If any adverse reaction occurs, discontinue use immediately. Their body care products are for external use only. No medical claims are implied in this catalog, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
It's always a good idea to test your skin to check for a reaction from any new products that you are going to use on your skin. Apply a small amount of the new product to clean skin on the inside of your elbow. Cover with a bandage and leave for 24 hours. If a rash or redness appears, do not use this product. If any of our products get into your eyes, flush with water immediately. If any irritation occurs, consult a physician immediately. Do not take any products internally.