Vortex Enterprise LED Desk Lamp With Built In Filterless Samsung SPI Air Purifier (2.36 x 1.97 x 16.9 inches)
Vortex Enterprise LED Desk Lamp With Built In Filter less Samsung SPI Air Purifier illuminates your reading while purifying the air around you. The energy and cost saving light has three dimming levels, and is perfect for reading, relaxing and bedtime modes. Additionally, the Samsung SPI Air Purifier eliminates dust mites, cat/dog allergens, viruses, bacteria, molds and even MRSA with coverage up to 175 square feet. Features of the LED Desk Lamp With Filterless Samsung SPI Air Purifier include:
- 42 bright-white LEDs
- 10 watts (saves $286.00 on utility bills over the life of the lamp based on average of $0.11/KwH)
- 50,000 hours lifespan (lasts up to 28 years based on 5 hours/day usage)
- 1200 Lux brightness
- Operates cooler than incandescent and fluorescent desk lamps
- Multi-steps of dimming modes
- Does not emit UV radiation
- No flickering
- Environmentally friendly: does not contain toxic mercury; no need to replace filters
- Ozone and toxic free
- Very quiet operation
- Covers up to 175 square feet
- Eliminates over 99% of air contaminants (viruses, bacteria, molds and even MRSA)
- Effectiveness certified for elimination of dust mite and cat/dog allergen
- Neutralizing active oxygen radicals
- Energy consumption (2 watt)
- Can be used in homes (living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens) and public spaces (schools, libraries, fitness clubs, offices, hospitals, restaurants, hotel rooms)
LED (Light Emitting Diodes) are the latest and most exciting technological advancement in the lighting industry. LEDs are small, solid light bulbs which are extremely energy efficient and long lasting. Vortex LED desk lamps operate differently than traditional incandescent light bulbs. LED technology also offers many additional advantages over incandescent, neon and compact fluorescent lighting devices - such as exceptionally longer life spans (50,000 hours), enormously lower energy usage (90% more efficient), reduced maintenance costs and higher safety. Vortex LED desk lamps are currently being used for a wide variety of applications such as: office, living room, bedroom, library, hospital, kitchen, hotel room, etc.
Benefits of Vortex LED Desk Lamp with Built in Filterless Samsung SPI Air Purifier:
- Vortex desk lamps have a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours, compared to 1,000 hours for incandescent bulbs. On average, Vortex LED desk lamp lasts 8 times as long as compact fluorescent bulbs, and 50 times longer than typical incandescent bulbs. Long lifespan of LEDs will dramatically reduce maintenance costs and lower long-term operating costs compared to traditional incandescent and fluorescent tubes. LED incandescent bulbs. On average VORTEX LED desk lamp last 8 times as long as compact fluorescent bulbs, and 50 times longer than typical incandescent bulbs. Long lifespan of LEDs will dramatically reduce maintenance costs and lower long-term operating costs compared to traditional incandescent and fluorescent tubes.
- Vortex LED desk lamp is a solid state lighting device that utilize semiconductor material instead of a filament or neon gas. An LED light is a tiny chip encapsulated in an epoxy resin enclosure, which makes LEDs far sturdier than traditional incandescent light bulbs or fluorescent tubes.Since LEDs don't use fragile components such as glass and filaments, LEDs are able to withstand shock, vibration, and extreme temperature. Vortex LED is environmentally friendly and does not contain toxic mercury.
- The most commonly cited fluorescent lighting hazard is mercury. Fluorescent and CFL bulbs contain a small amount of mercury and are identified with the elemental symbol Hg. When these bulbs are cold, some of the mercury in the lamp is in liquid form, but while the lamp is operating or when the lamp is hot, most of the mercury is in a gaseous or vapor form.
- Mercury vapor is extremely toxic. Even in liquid form, contact with mercury is considered life-threatening or a severe risk to health. Even very small doses of mercury can cause severe respiratory tract damage, brain damage, kidney damage, central nervous system damage, and many other serious medical conditions. But the environmentally friendly Vortex LED desk lamp does not contain toxic mercury.
- A long-term hazard from fluorescent lighting is the shorter-wave ultraviolet (UV) light that escapes the lamp. No matter how well crafted, some short-wave ultraviolet light escapes from every fluorescent lamp made. Short wave UV light is one of the most damaging components of the sun's rays that reach the surface of the Earth, which can directly damage organic tissue and trigger cancers. Short-wave UV light can also age or damage paper, fabrics and other materials. Generally, fixtures with a plastic lens leak the smallest amount of UV light, mainly because most of the ultraviolet light gets absorbed in the plastic lens. Fluorescent lighting in museums, archival libraries and manufacturing clean room areas usually have UV-absorbing sheeting applied to the lamps or the fixture lens to eliminate all UV light. Vortex LED desk lamp does not produce any UV light.
- Flicker and glare from fluorescent lights can also cause headaches and have been found to impact learning and the ability to concentrate. Although humans cannot see fluorescent lights flicker, the sensory system in some individuals can somehow detect the flicker. Ever since fluorescent lighting was introduced in workplaces, there have been complaints about headaches, eye strain and general eye discomfort. These complaints have been associated with the light flicker from fluorescent lights. When compared to regular fluorescent lights with magnetic ballasts, the use of high frequency electronic ballasts fluorescent lights resulted in more than a 50% drop in complaints of eye strain and headaches. There tended to be fewer complaints of headaches among workers on higher floors compared to those closer to ground level; that is, workers exposed to more natural light experienced fewer health effects. Vortex LED desk lamps do not flicker.
- Three dimming levels:
- Reading Mode (1200 LUX): Stimulates concentration and reduces eye strain with the choice of high-range color temperature
- Relaxing Mode (600 LUX): Promotes relaxation along with improved mood with the choice of mid-range color temperature
- Bedtime Mode (150 LUX): Encourages a comfortable deep sleep with choice of low-range temperature
What is Samsung SPI Air Purifier?
Samsung Super Plasma Ionizer (SPI for short) is the latest, internationally recognized, air purifying technology developed by Samsung Electronics. The Samsung SPi generates Hydrogen atom (H+) and Oxygen ion (O-) which reacts together to form hydroperoxyl radicals,
which the positively charged biological contaminants then reach with the three hydrogen elements of its protein structure before forming water vapor. Also, the Hydrogen atom (H) will combine with OH-radical to form a water vapor and neutralize harmful OH-radical. SPi has been tested and proven by many academic institutions in Korea, Japan and the United Kingdom (UK) to remove up to 99.99% biological contaminants such as bacteria, influenza and SARS viruses, fungi, molds. SPi also eliminates harmful allergens (such as dust mites, dusts, and pet hair) which may cause rhinitis, asthma or other allergic symptoms. It also removes cigarette and food odor effectively indoors. The Samsung SPi will keep you healthy by ensuring that clean air is provided when you are driving and at home. Yes, the Samsung SPi is ideal for use at home and in your automobile. It is strongly recommended for those who prefer fresher air, want better skin conditions due to eliminated allergens and more protection from illnesses and diseases. The simple and luxurious design allows you to place it anywhere in your room, office or automobile with a touch of class.
What's in the air you breathe?
SPI helps keep you healthy by removing viruses, fungi and allergens from the air you breathe everyday. Samsung's cutting edge technology has brought you the revolutionary air purifying device. Keep the healthy life of you and your family with the SPI, the answer to keep you safe from air contamination.
The SPI technology helps develop clean indoor air quality by eliminating biological contaminants and by neutralizing the OH-radicals. The unique environmental-friendly technology of SPi surpasses that of previous air purifiers. While purifiers simply filter the inducted air, SPi emits active hydrogen and oxygen ions into the air, inhibiting infection by airborne viruses and destroying airborne bacteria, fungi and allergens for a much cleaner, healthier environment.
SPI Protects You
Contaminated indoor environment: with people spending more time indoors, the sick house and sick building syndrome have become real problems. Eliminate harmful substances efficiently with SPi (Samsung Super Plasma ion) is a unique technology developed by Samsung which eliminates harmful substances life bacteria, viruses, and fungi from living rooms, offices, car interiors and other closed environments, providing a healthy and comfortable environment. World-renowned technology SPI has been acknowledged by Korean, Japanese, British and other research institutions to have the best bacterial eradication ability and Samsung products mounted with SPi are recognized all over the world.
Samsung's cutting edge technology has brought you the revolutionary air purifying device to keep the healthy life of you and family. The SPI device generates active hydrogen and oxygen ions which eliminate biological contaminants and active oxygen. The process of eliminating the harmful substances is completely harmless to the human body and SPI improves the air quality. The mechanism of the SPi device shows how safe it is to the human body. Samsung's Green Management policy has also established the eco-friendly system which is based on SPi devices. Put all your worries behind with the SPI device which is as safe as it is effective.
How does SPI eliminate harmful air contaminants?
The SPI generates the active hydrogen (H) and the oxygen ions (O2-) which forms hydroperoxyl radical (HOO). Then it surrounds the positively charged biological contaminants and reacts with three hydrogen elements of its protein structure, forming water vapor. Also, the active hydrogen combines with OH-radical to form a water vapor, neutralizing harmful OH-radical. The process of eliminating the harmful substances is completely harmless to the human body and SPI improves the air quality.
How safe is SPI to the human body?
- Free from harmful positive ions. Positive ions cause discomfort and symptoms such as headaches and nausea and make breathing more difficult. SPI rarely generates harmful positive ions, which makes you free from the potentially harmful positive ions.
- Free from ozone. Samsung's ozone regulation is much stricter than that of many organizations around the world. Samsung controls the ozone emission level less that 10 PPB. You will be free from the ozone smell.
- Free from toxins. Seoul Toxicology Laboratory has tested the SPI technology to prove its safety to the human body. There were no signs of toxic symptoms observed at the animal test and no side effects of the ionizer, particularly on respiratory organs.
Does the Vortex LED Desk Lamp heat up a room?
No, it does not noticeably increase room temperature.
Are there any side effects from Samsung SPI Air Purifier?
No, it is tested and certified to be safe, ozone free and toxic-free.
What is Samsung SPI Air Purifier's air cleaning capacity?
Its coverage is up to 175 sq. feet.
Will Samsung SPI Air Purifier operate alone with LED Desk Lamp off?
Yes, it can be operated separately.
What if Samsung SPI Air Purifier is not blowing out?
Clean the motor filter.
Can I use this product constantly, 24 hours a day?
Yes, however, it is recommended to power off frequently.