Bug Band - Deet Free Insect Repelling Band Light Green - 1 Band(s)
The Bug Band is the best choice for recreational and lighter-duty applications. BugBand is DEET FREE!
How Insect Replling Band works:
- The vapors from the plastic BugBand wristband form a protective shield around the immediate area, keeping insects a safe distance away.
- While many repellents are easily diluted or rinsed off with swimming or perspiration, the wristband just keeps working, up to 120 hours. It’s packaged in an innovative reusable plastic “pod” which can be used to store the wristband and can be sealed between uses to preserve the active life of the product.
- The plastic band is designed with a patented break-away strap that snaps if it becomes entangled.
- It can also be worn on belt loops, hatbands, pet collars, fastened in tents, attached to baby carriages or applied to other areas where insects could be a problem.
- Several wristbands can be strung together to create a longer band.
What is Geranol?
Savvy folks have been planting geraniums in their window boxes for centuries, using the natural properties of the flowers to repel bugs. Today, the hard data exists that proves that the use of geraniums is more than a tradition passed down from generation to generation. Geraniol, a powerful ingredient extracted from geranium oil through a unique refining process, does indeed provide a natural – and extremely effective – insect repellent.
According to laboratory and field studies by the University of Florida in Gainesville, Geraniol, the active ingredient in BugBand insect repellent, has been proven effective in repelling a wide variety of insects, including mosquitoes, house flies, stable flies, horn flies, cockroaches, fire ants, fleas, gnats, dog ticks, lone star ticks, and no-see-ums.
How does Geraniol Repel Insects?
Geraniol has a relatively high vapor pressure and gives off a dilute vapor into the air stream which acts as an area repellent. This helps repel insects before they land. The natural tendency of Geraniol to evaporate makes it work as the active ingredient in wristbands, plastic beads, and other BugBand repellent products. It also helps to improve the efficacy of liquid spray Geraniol BugBand repellents.
BugBand is the Next Level of Insect Protection!
They buzz. They bite. From mosquitoes and horn flies to gnats and no-see-ums, insects are far more than just pesky inconveniences. Leaving yourself and your family unprotected against blood-feeding bugs simply isn’t an option.
Introducing the next generation of protection. BugBand™ products are a proven, effective alternative to synthetic traditional pesticides, protecting children and adults from biting insects while avoiding the risks associated with irritating chemicals. BugBand is not only a safer choice, it’s more effective. Geraniol, the plant-based active ingredient in BugBand, is a proven repellent.
BugBand insect repellent is available in several forms, including wristbands (for everyday use) and pump spray and towelettes (for heavier-duty applications), as well as a variety of commercial applications. Whether you’re gardening, playing in the backyard, picnicking, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, golfing, or working outdoors – including everyone from police and fire personnel to road, utility and lawn-care crews, to employees at refining plants – BugBand’s pleasant-scented Geraniol insect repellent vapors create an invisible shield that protects you from pests.