This product gives you a highly accurate, trainer quality, portable digital tool to use at home or the
gym, to calculate Body Fat % and Lean Body Mass. With high tech force sensors built into the caliper
tips, it uses the most accurate 3 site formulas Jackson Pollack Body Density formulas to help you
determine body fat %. Warrior is designed to deliver the best results for those ages 18 and up.
These instructions also include techniques and measurement sites for measuring body fat %, as well
as information on how to interpret body fat % results.
HOW TO MEASURE BODY FAT TECHNIQUE
Please read the section HOW TO WORK YOUR WARRIOR® DIGITAL BODY MASS CALIPER, so the
unit calculates properly.
NOTE: If you are obese or have dificulty grabbing a skinfold, it is recommended to use the
Navy tape measure method with the Orbitape® Body Tape Measure and the Tonus® Body Mass
Calculator from Sequoia Fitness Products USA resellers: www.sequoia tness.com/wheretobuy.html.
1. Note that all skinfold measurements are taken on the right side of the body, and standing
upright and relaxed.
2. Place the caliper in your right hand.
3. With your ngers about 2 3 inches apart, gently grasp the rst skinfold with the thumb and
index nger of your left hand. Then pull the skinfold away from your body.
4. With your right hand, place caliper tips over the skinfold 1 cm (about 1/2 inch) away from
thumb and nger, perpendicular to the skinfold. The caliper heads should be halfway
between crest and base of fold.
5. Gently begin to apply caliper pressure. Keep the fold elevated, and maintain the pinch with
your thumb and index nger as you allow the force sensors in the caliper tips to take the
reading and stabilize.
6. The unit will beep after storing the reading in a second or 2.
7. Hit ENTER to advance to the next measurement site, or UP to clear the reading.
8. Repeat the procedure for the remaining skinfold sites.
Once you have taken one reading for each required skinfold site, repeat the procedure for each site. If
the second reading is more than 1 2 mm apart from your rst reading, take another measurement (by
pressing the UP button rst to clear the measurement) until you can be consistent. You want to have
consistent readings for the unit to give you the most accurate results.
LOCATIONS FOR CALIPER MEASUREMENTS MALES
: Take the measurement on a DIAGONAL skinfold taken halfway between the nipple and the
front of the underarm. The measurement site is across an imaginary line drawn from your nipple to
Take the measurement on a VERTICAL skinfold taken 2 cm (about 3/4 of an inch) to the
right of the navel (belly button).
Take the measurement on a VERTICAL skinfold taken in the middle of the thigh, halfway
between the top of the thigh and your knee cap.
LOCATIONS FOR CALIPER MEASUREMENTS FEMALES
Take the measurement on a DIAGONAL skinfold just above the front, forward part of your
Thigh: Take the measurement on a VERTICAL skinfold taken in the middle of the thigh, halfway between
the crease of your groin and the top of your knee ca