GU Energy Gu Chomps Pure Performance Energy Chews Orange No Caffeine 2.1 oz.
GU Energy Chomps offer a change of pace from gels and an answer to that moment in your run, ride, ski, swim, hike…. when you just gotta have something to chomp on. GU Chomps deliver the premium ingredients and performance benefits you've come to expect from.
GU Chomps Energy Products Features:
- Amino Acids: Gu's Exlcusive, proven blend for added focus, rippin' energy & speedy recovery.
- Antioxidants: Vitamin C + E, those mighty antioxidants that combat tissue breakdown.
- Electrolytes: Sodium and potassium to restore electrolyte balance.
- Carbohydrates: Exclusive blend of complex and simple carbohydrates.
- All in all, a superior choice to propel you in your athletic pursuits.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
GU Chomps Ingredients & Benefits:
GU Chomps utilize GU Energy Gel's proven blend of carbohydrates, amino acids, antioxidants and electrolytes
in a chewable form.
- Like GU, Chomps contain a balance of complex carbohydrates (maltodextrin) and simple carbs (tapioca syrup and cane sugar) as the basis for delivering fast and usable energy. Each carbohydrate plays a key role in fueling your competitive fire. Together they get you moving faster and longer, not to mention helping you feel better on the rebound.
- Of course there is more to GU and Chomps than just carbs. Both contain branched chain amino acids, which provide extra energy during exercise and play a key role in maintaining concentration and accelerating recovery from a hard workout or race.
- GU Chomps are the only energy chews on the market with amino acids.
- GU Chomps are chock full of two key antioxidants, all natural vitamins C and E. Free radicals hate us! We can't guarantee that you won't bonk or won't be sore after a long workout, but certainly the advanced food science behind GU products will help.
- GU Chomps are the only energy chew on the market with 100% DV of Vitamins C & E.
- Meaningful levels of electrolytes, when supported by water, help you stay hydrated and firing on all cylinders.
- GU Chomps contain 55mg of sodium & 40mg of potassium per serving.
- Caffeine has meaningful benefits for athletes during training or racing as it:
- stimulates the central nervous system
- increases the release of adrenalin and helps the body metabolize fat as fuel.
- GU Chomps are available in a variety of caffeinated and caffeine-free flavors.
Sine 1991, Gu Mission has been to provide exceptional nutrition to athletes who push themselves to extraordinary limits. Original GU Energy Gel revoltuionized the way endurance athletes re-fueled during exercise and it continues to serve as the benchmark for all other energy gels. We take pride in our history, but never let it stop us from exploring new ways to meet athletes' needs.
GU Chomps FAQs:
Should I use Chomps instead of GU?
We still insist that GU Energy Gel (and Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel) is the ideal source of fuel for an athlete while training or racing, but just in case you crave something to sink your teeth into, we’ve created GU Chomps. Chomps contain all the benefits of GU Energy Gel, in a chewable form.
Do Chomps have caffeine?
The Strawberry and Cranberry Apple flavors each have 20mg of caffeine per serving, while Blueberry Pomegranate and Orange are caffeine free.
How do you eat Chomps?
GU Chomps have a convenient tear strip at the top that allows you to squeeze out one Chomp at a time. Remember, 4 Chomps equal 1 serving.
How many packets of Chomps do I need?
1 packet of Chomps contains 2 servings, which will provide enough fuel for 1 ½ to 2 hours of activity. That said, all athletes are different and we encourage you to experiment with what works best for you. Remember to hydrate along the way!
How long do Chomps take to work?
Since Chomps are semi-solid it will take a little longer than with a gel for your body to feel the effects. The nutritional benefit of Chomps should hit your bloodstream within 10-15 minutes.
Are Chomps safe for children?
Chomps are safe for children to eat, but remember that the Strawberry and Cranberry Apple flavors contain caffeine.
Are Chomps gluten free?
As with all GU Energy Labs products, Chomps are gluten free.
Are Chomps dairy free?
Is GU Chomps Kosher?
GU Energy Gel, Roctane, GU Electrolyte Brew, and GU Recovery Brew are all certified Kosher. Chomps are not
The GU Story
From 1991 until today, athletes the world over have come to the same conclusion: GU works. Their Berkeley-based sports nutrition company started with their original GU Energy Gel, a revolutionary and more effective method to keep athletes fueled during exercise. Since then, GU has continued to improve the recipe, incorporating the latest scientific research into its products. In 2001, GU Electrolyte Brew (formerly Gu2o) was launched as the perfect hydration companion to GU Energy Gel. 2008 saw the introduction of Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel, followed by Chomps Energy Chews and GU Recovery Brew in 2009. Every product is formulated to further GU’s mission: to help athletes go faster and longer than ever before.
The Gu Factory
Athletes everywhere appreciate the taste, convenience and performance enhancing benefits of GU Energy Gel and Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel. But few give much thought to how or where these gels are produced and packaged. You might be interested to learn a bit about the GU factory and the exceptional care that goes into every packet they create.
As they mix each batch of GU, the formula for every flavor is double checked against the super-secret master recipe. Their Director of R&D sources only the highest quality ingredients and happily rejects raw materials if they are off spec. He also oversees the production process from soup to nuts, ensuring precision in the mixing process. Texture, taste, pH? all good? He’s also the in-house go-to guy for their never ending sports nutrition questions – they make sure he puts his degree to good use!
When all ingredients have been accurately measured, the batches are carefully blended only at the proper speed and temperature to ensure repeatable high quality and consistency. The production team is comprised of several long-time employees; collectively they boast more than 50 years experience. Together their team has produced tens of millions of packets of GU! Talk about athletic kilowatts. As the gatekeepers of day-to-day manufacturing, anything short of perfection just won’t pass muster.
GU quality control continues when the gel is ready for packaging. Customized machinery, used solely for GU and Roctane Energy Gels, fills each packet with a precise amount of gel - Laverne & Shirley meet the modern age! There’s nothing quite like a stroll through the manufacturing building when Chocolate Outrage is running, the intoxicating aroma of pure Belgian chocolate wafting through the air. Time it just right and you can sample a warm packet fresh off the line, a decadent and lipsmacking treat. It’ll send you running for some vanilla ice cream to complement the Outrageousness. I digress…. Then, the boxes are folded, glued and packed by their fully automated line. Every box is certain to have the proper number of packets as each is weighed before being sealed and packed for its final destination, your gear bag and ultimately, your mouth.
GU's state-of-the-art production line and exacting quality control process are valuable assets, but what do they mean to you, the athlete? You can trust that the premium gel you rely on undergoes the most rigorous quality checks in the sports nutrition industry. They watch over every batch of gel they produce and maintain a production facility that is free from the risk of contamination by foreign substances. Most other gel manufacturers outsource production to third party contract manufacturers where who-knows-what was produced in the previous batch. This can be a serious concern in a supplement business that is lightly regulated and too often not completely above board.
GU makes sure you can focus on training and reaching your goals in upcoming races. Breathe easy and leave your gels in the hands of the energy food experts at GU. Just suck down a packet of your favorite flavor and go (big)!