Contour Products Freedom Back Support Cushion
Contour Products Freedom Back Support Cushion provides full-length back support features 10 zones for proper alignment and superior comfort in any chair or car seat. The Freedom Back’s sculpted shape is so effective because it was inspired by the natural curves of your back. It helps to relieve stiffness and pain around the low back, legs and tailbone area. The spinal channel keeps pressure off of your tender spinal column. Wrap around sides “hug” your body for extra comfort and stability while the anatomic shape contours to fit the small of your back, providing plenty of TLC – Total Lumbar Comfort. The lightweight and portable design makes the Freedom Back ideal for travel. The Freedom Back comes with a machine washable, form-fitting cover with positioning strap.
· Full-Length back support comes with 10 zones for proper alignment and superior comfort.
· Unique spinal channel allows your back to be fully supported without exerting pressure on your tender spinal column.
· Wrap around sides “hug” your body for extra comfort and stability.
· Anatomic shape contours to fit the small of your back, providing plenty of TLC-Total Lumbar Comfort.
· Tapered bottom eases adjustability and ensures less pressure to the hips.
· Cut-out shape reduces pressure in the sacrum area.
· Narrow shape design allows free movement of arms and shoulders.
· Full length back provides complete support and comfort from upper back all the way down to your seat.
· Sculpted shape comfortably supports and reduces uncomfortable pressure that prolonged sitting can cause.
· Form fitting stretch cover contains a positioning strap and is machine washable.
The Growing Sleep Solutions Market
Aches & Pains:
- Back Pain is the number one reason for sleep disturbances/insomnia
- Back Pain effects 8 out of 10 people, costing Americans over $15 billion per year; it is the 3rd most expensive disorder, after heart disease and cancer
- Neck Pain is the third most common type of pain for Americans, according to the NIHS; poor sleeping posture is often the culprit
- Shoulder pain prevalence in a given year is as high as 50% according to the NIH; half of those people miss work and seek medical treatment
The Age Wave
- Currently, over 100 million Americans are over the age of 50
- This number is projected to grow dramatically over the next 5 years
Growing Trend Toward Sleep Hygiene/Self Treatment
- Sleep is a $28 billion dollar a year industry with annual growth projected at 8.8% through 2012 - 58% of the US Population has some type of sleep disorder
- Economic realities force many Americans to work longer and maintain healthy lifestyles
- Health Care Reform will force Americans to take responsibility for their health
An in-house design team focuses on creating a constant flow of effective, innovative and useful items. They regularly partner with ergonomic and sleep experts within the medical field on new concepts. This aspect of Contour's business is what sets them apart from other organizations within the industry.
Contour Health Product Strengths:
- Direct access to end users provides invaluable feedback
- Internal product design team
- Proprietary innovations - Contour owns over 60 patents and trademarks registered in the US and 30 others abroad
- Award winning products
- Independent product testing
- National media placement
- Eye-catching packaging and artwork
- Number one brand in comfort and sleep category
Since the introduction of their first product in 1991, Contour has emerged as a worldwide distributor of unique, proprietary items and has become a recognized leader in the support and comfort category. Their products help to properly align the body for overall comfort and improved well-being.
Being comfortable isn't just an indulgence, it's a necessity to obtaining quality sleep and maintaining good health. Contour partners with physicians, chiropractors and sleep experts, and use customer feedback to develop the best products possible for the marketplace. They strive to provide the consumer with affordable, quality products rich in features that are often found only in higher-priced items.