Natren - Life Start B. Infantis - 1.25 oz. (35.4 g)
Natren Life Start is a probiotic product designed specifically for infants. Life Start is made with Bifidobacterium infantis, the beneficial bacteria which is most prominent in infants. Beneficial bacteria is important for people of all ages, including infants. Babies born vaginally to healthy mothers receive their initial supply of beneficial bacteria on their passage through the birth canal. It is important for infants to continue getting beneficial bacteria to help them develop healthy bodies.
About Natren Life Start
- Using Life Start stimulates better weight gain through nitrogen retention, which is especially important for formula-fed infants.
- This bacteria encourages the formation of antibodies against undesirable bacteria and viruses.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should also take Life Start along with their regular regimen of Healthy Trinity in order to give their baby the best start possible.
- Mothers on a course of antibiotics who are also breast-feeding their babies should give their babies Life Start when beginning their antibiotic course.
- It is especially important to give Life Start to babies delivered in hospital rooms or especially by cesarean section, since they don't have the advantage of getting the beneficial bacteria from their mother as they pass through the birth canal.
- Even breast-fed babies need the advantage Life Start can offer, to encourage the optimal health of the baby.
Lactobacillus acidophilus supplementation is not recommended for infants without the advice of a physician, as it is not the prominent beneficial microorganism in healthy, breast-fed infants. After weaning, acidophilus increases and Bifidobacteria colonize and become prominent in the large intestine. Acidophilus is sometimes recommended for infants during short periods of acute infection. Life Start, a milk-based probiotic for infants, should be carefully evaluated: With an increase in casein allergies in infants, please check babies for true milk allergies. You may use Bifido Factor Dairy-free instead.
- Produces the lactase enzyme which digests milk sugar and may help to offset lactose intolerance.
- Produces natural lactic, acetic and formic acid which help to keep the intestinal tract slightly acidic and inhibit the growth of undesirable yeast and bacteria.
- May encourage faster weight gain via nitrogen retention.
- Assists in the absorption of calcium and other nutrients.
- When given right after birth, helps to establish an optimal flora found to be a key component in helping to deter predisposition to allergies and asthma.
When to Use Life Start:
- After antibiotic therapy
- When breast feeding isn’t possible
- After delivery by cesarean section
- After immunizations
- When there are dietary changes
- When traveling
- For intestinal disturbances, which might indicate the desirability of Bifidobacteria
Natren Frequently Asked Questions
What are the differences between powdered probiotics and capsules?
The capsules contain the same freeze-dried probiotics as the powders. The powders allow you to use the
amount you desire and are better suited for people who have trouble swallowing capsules. The capsules offer the
convenience of a pre-measured dose. Individual preference is the determining factor in selecting which one is
right for you.
Why do the products need to be refrigerated?
Like all living creatures, probiotics need to be protected from harsh environments. Their life-spans are
diminished by heat, light and moisture. Natren products are shipped in dark glass bottles with tin lids to
protect them from harmful light and moisture. They are shipped with refrigeration to keep them cool and extend
their lives so they have guaranteed potency through the printed expiration date. Without such care and a
guarantee, you may be wasting your money.
How long can probiotics stay un-refrigerated before they lose their potency?
There is no way to guarantee the potency of probiotics if they have been without refrigeration at any
time. When probiotic products are shipped without refrigeration, they can be exposed to very high temperatures.
Since probiotics are living organisms, you can be guaranteed of their potency only if they have been shipped
and stored refrigerated. Natren products are refrigerated from manufacturing throughout the entire shipping
process. This has always been Natren's standard when other companies have misrepresented the potency of
their probiotic products by claiming they are shelf-stable; they conveniently don't mention that their
products are not stable when exposed to harsh temperatures in the warehouse, shipping and distribution
processes. If other companies cannot guarantee potency of each strain through a printed expiry date, how can
you trust any of their claims?
What is the best way to protect probiotic bacteria from stomach acid?
The powder products are protected with the intrinsic supernatant, part of the original nourishing and
protective culture medium, which provides a natural buffer against gastric acid. Micro-enrobing with a unique
oil matrix is the best way to protect probiotic bacteria from stomach acid. Natren Trenev Trio is the first to
introduce a micro-enrobing, unique delivery system – a hard gel capsule in which three super strains of
probiotic bacteria are suspended in sunflower oil and vitamin E to keep the bacteria separate, noncompetitive
and protected from gastric digestive juices for optimum absorption. The bacteria strains must be
bile-resistant. All Natren probiotics have laboratory-tested bile-resistant strains which will survive bile
Natren relishes its role as the leader in the probiotic industry. Led by Natasha and Yordan Trenev, the company
actively seeks opportunities to inform the public about "friendly bacteria" and change the prevailing
perception that all bacteria are bad. "In 1960 and 1970, we were going to food shows introducing people to
yogurt. People in the United States and Canada did not know what yogurt was, let alone that it was considered
the world's oldest health food. Now yogurt is in every store," Yordan remarks. "We want to do the
same with probiotics. We want everyone to know what probiotics are within the next few years." Evidenced
by the company's immense growth and its support among healthcare professionals, Natren is making impressive
progress toward this goal.