Mad Hippie - Vitamin C Serum - 30 ml (1.02 oz.)
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum is an uplifting antioxidant blend with 8 actives that have been formulated to brighten, tighten and smooth the skin while reducing the effects of photoaging. Mad Hippie gives your skin just what it needs to look its best!
- Vitamin C (STAY-C 50) - Few ingredients in skin care have as much solid evidence as to their effectiveness as Vitamin C. Proven to enhance collagen production, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and tighten the skin, this powerful antioxidant is effective at healing sun damage and discoloration, while inhibiting future damage caused by UV exposure. Wear sunscreen daily.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (STAY-C 50) - a more stable and bioavailable form of Vitamin C than the commonly used L-Ascorbic Acid found in most skin care products, provides the same benefits, without the risk of oxidation and irritation that is often associated with L-Ascorbic Acid.
- Vitamin E - Potent natural antioxidant shown to heal and correct skin damage, wrinkles and signs of aging. Vitamin E has been found to have a compounding antioxidant and UV protective effect when used in conjunction with Vitamin C.
- Ferulic Acid - A naturally occurring antioxidant found primarily in plant cell walls. When combined with vitamins C&E, Ferulic Acid has been shown to reduce UV generated skin damage by 8x.
- Hyaluronic Acid - Works to smooth and plump up the skin by retaining moisture, aiding in healing and enhancing production & maintenance of collagen. A naturally occurring substance in the body, hyaluronic acid begins to deplete as you age.
- Grapefruit - Rich in antioxidants & citric acid, grapefruit works to remove dead skin cells, acting as a natural exfoliant, while toning & tightening the skin.
- Konjac Root Powder - Exotic flower from Asia, works to effectively soften & smooth the skin while forming a thin protective barrier. Rich in nutrients such as copper, zinc, phosphorus, fatty acids, protein, carbohydrates, lipids, potassium, magnesium, iron, niacin, folic acid & vitamins A, E, C, D, & B!
- Chamomile Extract - Provides a thin protective shield, while naturally soothing and calming the skin.
- Clary Sage - Balances the production of sebum, and eliminates over-dry or over-oily skin. Acts as a natural toner & astringent with antibacterial & antiseptic qualities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are their products cruelty-free?
How do I get the best results from my Mad Hippie products?
A major difference between people who get great results from their skin care products and those who do not is how well they rub them into their skin. When rubbing skin care products in though it is essential to be very gentle and to not pull or tug on the skin. Instead, use more of a gentle upward massaging motion helping the actives fully penetrate without stretching or pulling the skin.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing we have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful regardless of your age.
What is the difference between the exfoliating serum and vitamin A serum?
Great question! While both are exfoliants, they work in different ways. The exfoliating serum uses alpha hydroxy acids to break the lipid bonds that hold on the outer layer of dead, dull skin, while the vitamin A serum enhances cellular turnover. Some people prefer alpha hydroxy acids, while some prefer vitamin A. It’s really hard to say which exfoliant is best for you, as each person’s skin type varies some. While traditionally vitamin A is more drying than alpha hydroxy acids, our vitamin A formulation with retinyl retinoate is actually quite hydrating.
Can I use the vitamin A serum & the exfoliating serum?
It’s probably not necessary as both work to exfoliate the skin, but for those who would prefer to use both, stagger the two products from night to night (ie. exfoliating serum one night, vitamin A serum the next). Or, use one product for 3-4 weeks, then switch to the other. We normally recommend to not layer these two products on top of each other as it could cause irritation and increased skin sensitivity due to over-exfoliation.
What order should I use my products in?
They recommend gently massaging the vitamin C serum into your skin in the morning after washing and drying thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply the eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas. Follow this with our extra hydrating antioxidant facial oil as the final & last step. At night, follow the same steps but replace the vitamin C serum with an exfoliant: either the exfoliating serum or vitamin A serum. If just using the creams, wait a couple minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Are their face cream and eye cream bottles BPA-free? Recycled / Recyclable?
Yes, their airless pumps are BPA-free, and fully recyclable. Most airless pumps on the market contain both metal and plastic, Mad Hippie’s pumps are entirely plastic though making them fully recyclable.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember, when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
About Mad Hippie
At Mad Hippie they take skin care seriously, but they also take corporate responsibility seriously.
They know and appreciate the faith a customer puts into a company when buying their line, and that’s why they strive to always make the safest, most effective products possible.
It can’t stop there though. They also take their responsibility to the planet seriously & that’s why they are always working to further reduce their carbon footprint and impact on the environment. From recently switching to some of the only BPA-free, fully recyclable airless pumps on the market, to printing solely with soy inks & running their entire facility off alternative energy, Mad Hippie is dedicated to the preservation of the environment.
So, give their natural skin care products a try and feel good knowing you are taking a step towards healthier, more beautiful skin, while we work together towards a healthier, more beautiful planet.