Mad Hippie - Face Cream For All Skin Types - 30 ml (1.02 oz.)
Mad Hippie Face Cream For All Skin Types helps you get younger looking skin, naturally! Mad Hippie Advanced Natural Skin Care reduces wrinkles and discoloration by combining the most advanced peptides in skin care with the best natural antioxidants. Mad Hippie gives your skin just what it needs to look its best! Mad Hippie Face Cream is a natural, revitalizing peptide face cream that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and creates smooth, healthy skin.
- Matrixyl 3000 - Naturally stimulates body's production of collagen & elastin - reducing wrinkles and giving skin a lifting effect. Matrixyl 3000 increases skin elasticity and tone, and has been shown to reduce deep wrinkle surface area by 45%, wrinkle density by 37% & skin roughness by 14%.
- Syn-Tacks - Dual peptide complex that interacts with the most relevant protein structures at the dermal-epidermal juncture to increase structural and functional integrity of the skin. By stimulating production of Laminin V, Collagen type IV, VII and XVII as well as Intergrin, Syn-Tacks tones and firms the skin, framatically reducing the appearance of wrinkles while enhancing cellular communication.
- Coenzyme Q10 - Reduces fine lines & wrinkles by energizing cells and aiding in skin's natural ability to produce collagen, elastin and other crucial molecules. Also inhibits free radical & sun damage.
- Resveratrol - Super potent antioxidant from wine & grapes shown to reduce the effects of aging & UV damage.
- Green Tea - Protects against free radical damage while increasing skin's resilience through its anti-inflammatory & anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Vitamin B3 - Energizes cells while aiding in metabolism of glucose and synthesis of lipids. Vitamin B3 has strong antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic qualities and has been shown to reduce the harmful effects of ultra violet rays, help even skin tone and enhance collagen production.
- Polyphenols - Powerful antioxidant that has been shown to be 50 times more effective at combating free radicals than Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E - Contains powerful anti-aging and anti-carcinogenic properties. Reduces fine lines and wrinkles while it heals and protects skin from UV & free radical damage.
- Aloe Vera - Skin protectant with natural healing qualities. Increases the availability of oxygen to the skin and hence aids in the synthesis and resilience of skin tissue.
- Vitamin A - Nourishes the skin while it counteracts inflammation and protects cell membranes from free radical damage. has been shown to reduce risk of skin cancer and heal sun damaged skin.
- Argan Oil - Natural healing agent from Northern Africa. High source of Vitamin E, essential fatty acids & phytosterols. Attributed with naturally healing scar tissue, moisturizing the skin & reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Grape Seed Extract - One of nature's most potent antioxidants, shown to inhibit UV generated skin damage and protect skin from free radicals.
- Acai Berry - Super antioxidant from Brazil that increases levels hydroxyproline, a vital amino acid required for the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
- Pomegranate - Potent antioxidant that is a high source of ellagic acid, a polyphenol that has been shown to inhibit the growth of skin cancer. Believed to also mediate the effects of ultraviolet rays and skin discoloration.
- Coconut Oil - Moisturizes and soothes skin while creating a lipid barrier that fends off skin damage and combats wrinkles & discoloration while promoting natural healing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are their products cruelty-free?
How do I get the best results from my Mad Hippie products?
A major difference between people who get great results from their skin care products and those who do not is how well they rub them into their skin. When rubbing skin care products in though it is essential to be very gentle and to not pull or tug on the skin. Instead, use more of a gentle upward massaging motion helping the actives fully penetrate without stretching or pulling the skin.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing we have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful regardless of your age.
What is the difference between the exfoliating serum and vitamin A serum?
Great question! While both are exfoliants, they work in different ways. The exfoliating serum uses alpha hydroxy acids to break the lipid bonds that hold on the outer layer of dead, dull skin, while the vitamin A serum enhances cellular turnover. Some people prefer alpha hydroxy acids, while some prefer vitamin A. It’s really hard to say which exfoliant is best for you, as each person’s skin type varies some. While traditionally vitamin A is more drying than alpha hydroxy acids, our vitamin A formulation with retinyl retinoate is actually quite hydrating.
Can I use the vitamin A serum & the exfoliating serum?
It’s probably not necessary as both work to exfoliate the skin, but for those who would prefer to use both, stagger the two products from night to night (ie. exfoliating serum one night, vitamin A serum the next). Or, use one product for 3-4 weeks, then switch to the other. We normally recommend to not layer these two products on top of each other as it could cause irritation and increased skin sensitivity due to over-exfoliation.
What order should I use my products in?
They recommend gently massaging the vitamin C serum into your skin in the morning after washing and drying thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply the eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas. Follow this with our extra hydrating antioxidant facial oil as the final & last step. At night, follow the same steps but replace the vitamin C serum with an exfoliant: either the exfoliating serum or vitamin A serum. If just using the creams, wait a couple minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Are their face cream and eye cream bottles BPA-free? Recycled / Recyclable?
Yes, their airless pumps are BPA-free, and fully recyclable. Most airless pumps on the market contain both metal and plastic, Mad Hippie’s pumps are entirely plastic though making them fully recyclable.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember, when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
About Mad Hippie
At Mad Hippie they take skin care seriously, but they also take corporate responsibility seriously.
They know and appreciate the faith a customer puts into a company when buying their line, and that’s why they strive to always make the safest, most effective products possible.
It can’t stop there though. They also take their responsibility to the planet seriously & that’s why they are always working to further reduce their carbon footprint and impact on the environment. From recently switching to some of the only BPA-free, fully recyclable airless pumps on the market, to printing solely with soy inks & running their entire facility off alternative energy, Mad Hippie is dedicated to the preservation of the environment.
So, give their natural skin care products a try and feel good knowing you are taking a step towards healthier, more beautiful skin, while we work together towards a healthier, more beautiful planet.